Crop Circles and Geoglyphs

I don't get how people would be capable of making these incredibly intricate crop circles in the dead of night, while being unable to see what the finished product would look like from a bird's eye view perspective. People can't even draw a symmetric circle on a white board that they can actually see. This is like trying to draw Mona Lisa by squishing wheat while being blindfolded. I don't know, maybe I'm underestimating people but... ayyy lmao.

No, I’ve spent my life surrounded by crops. The idea that high heat will cause plants to lay over on their side is beyond stupid. It tells me their “investigation” was sitting at home and reading shit on the internet, which they then misinterpreted since they’ve never been outside the city.

That's nice, but it doesn't equate to crop circle knowledge and research.

Why couldn't it, if localized to specific nodes coupled with a directive force to bend said crop in the desired direction? That question aside, it's just their theory to explain the creative phenomena that goes beyond using planks attached to rope. Some of these things are absolutely intricate.

If you think there's nothing to crop circles beyond human hoaxery, that's fine. But plenty of people outside of the cities believe in these things and are intrigued by them.

Last edited:
That's nice. Why couldn't it, if localized to specific nodes coupled with a directive force to bend said crop in the desired direction? That question aside, it's just their theory to explain the creative phenomena that goes beyond using planks attached to rope. Some of these things are absolutely intricate.

If you think there's nothing to crop circles beyond human hoaxery, that's seems like a fair opinion....as far as I know.
Well, its because I know what happens when heat is appllied. It doesn’t do that. And had it actually been heat, it would have been extremely easy to identify with the very first crop circle. My point being, these people have no idea what they’re writing about. It really looks like that particular group is full of shit and frauding anyone that believes it.

I was alive during the crop circle “craze”, and I honstely thought it had become common knowledge they were all hoaxes.

Well, its because I know what happens when heat is appllied. It doesn’t do that. And had it actually been heat, it would have been extremely easy to identify with the very first crop circle. My point being, these people have no idea what they’re writing about. It really looks like that particular group is full of shit and frauding anyone that believes it.

I was alive during the crop circle “craze”, and I honstely thought it had become common knowledge they were all hoaxes.

If you say so. Some of those designs are amazing though, and created overnight. As far as I know, no comprehensive demonstration of something seriously extravagant has been produced to completely dispel the entire phenomena.

Rudimentary designs with wooden planks and ropes during daytime doesn't completely suffice.

Anyway, since crop circle discussion seems to somewhat agitate you, what do you think about Geoglyphs? Pretty cool and interesting, don't you think?

I know the most obvious answer is hoax, but...some of these are so insane. how 1 or a few people could make them perfectly in the dead of night doesnt make sense

They're parking their 5th dimension vehicles.

I don't get how people would be capable of making these incredibly intricate crop circles in the dead of night, while being unable to see what the finished product would look like from a bird's eye view perspective. People can't even draw a symmetric circle on a white board that they can actually see. This is like trying to draw Mona Lisa by squishing wheat while being blindfolded. I don't know, maybe I'm underestimating people but... ayyy lmao.

With a string and some sticks you can make perfect circles without any light.

I remember when crop circles first started appearing and there were all these news stories about how the corn stalks were bent in a certain way that was impossible to do without breaking them so therefore it had to be supernatural powers that made em and there was no other possible explanation and we were all doomed!
And then some dude went out there and made a perfect crop circle by himself with a fuckin board and a piece of string

Yes. I remember that very well.

I always love seeing an @BearGrounds thread because I know it's going to be him defending and indefensible position. Though I will give TS props for at least trying. Since crop circles have already been discussed a bit I think geoglyphs could certainly use some discussion.

I'm not going to lie...I was suckered in by that shit in Peru and I delved into some strange shit from von Danniken and some of those other nutjobs. All being said it was fun to think about and a cool theory, but so is the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Geoglyphs are pretty amazing feats but they can absolutely be appreciated from hillsides, mountains, etc and don't require aerial flight to be of relevance. When a team of college students (ie potheads who like to play with dirt) can EASILY create a massive geoglyph in a single day it really destroys the theory of "had to have someone in the sky giving orders and directions."

Interesting video I stumbled upon this morning:

I always love seeing an @BearGrounds thread because I know it's going to be him defending and indefensible position. Though I will give TS props for at least trying. Since crop circles have already been discussed a bit I think geoglyphs could certainly use some discussion.

I'm not going to lie...I was suckered in by that shit in Peru and I delved into some strange shit from von Danniken and some of those other nutjobs. All being said it was fun to think about and a cool theory, but so is the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Geoglyphs are pretty amazing feats but they can absolutely be appreciated from hillsides, mountains, etc and don't require aerial flight to be of relevance. When a team of college students (ie potheads who like to play with dirt) can EASILY create a massive geoglyph in a single day it really destroys the theory of "had to have someone in the sky giving orders and directions."

roots-of-fight-mike-tyson-bmotp-french-terry-hoodie-610x360.jpg

Geoglyphs are fascinating, whatever the case may be. And while construction may not need to be directed from air, in some cases, they seem to be meant to be seen from it. Geoglyphs like the Torgai swastika, weren't even known about until it was stumbled upon by an amateur looking at satellite images.

1505370361_article_b_1500_.jpeg

The British scientist found out that "the youngest" Torgai Geoglyph was constructed between the first century BC and the first century AD. It means that they are 2,5 thousand years old. Meanwhile, ancient Torgai geoglyphs, which can be viewed only from space, can be aged between 7,000 years of age and older.

@BearGrounds, this is why your threads are so shallow. You quoted something which isn't a fact and are expressing is as though it is a fact. Who is the author behind the quote "which and be viewed only from space" ? It's not the scientist so who said it how accurate are they?

Crop circles are human made and that's just what it is. Dave and Dave made millions of people look like absolute morons when they're talking about them being made by alien creatures. It's fun to think about, sure, but it's not a realistic explanation when there's definitive evidence showing they can easily be reproduced by people with a board and a string.

As for the geoglyphs I WANT to believe they can only be appreciated from the air, but as I suggested hills and mountains also provide a birds eye view. We have no definitive answer as to why the ancients built these things in the manner which they did, but I just don't believe that trying to signal alien aircraft is the most plausible reason. Again, I was seriously fascinated by the stuff in Peru and it's such a fun theory to take in, but there's just no real credibility behind it at all. 99.9% supposition with .1% of misinterpretation.

@BearGrounds, this is why your threads are so shallow. You quoted something which isn't a fact and are expressing is as though it is a fact. Who is the author behind the quote "which and be viewed only from space" ? It's not the scientist so who said it how accurate are they?

Crop circles are human made and that's just what it is. Dave and Dave made millions of people look like absolute morons when they're talking about them being made by alien creatures. It's fun to think about, sure, but it's not a realistic explanation when there's definitive evidence showing they can easily be reproduced by people with a board and a string.

As for the geoglyphs I WANT to believe they can only be appreciated from the air, but as I suggested hills and mountains also provide a birds eye view. We have no definitive answer as to why the ancients built these things in the manner which they did, but I just don't believe that trying to signal alien aircraft is the most plausible reason. Again, I was seriously fascinated by the stuff in Peru and it's such a fun theory to take in, but there's just no real credibility behind it at all. 99.9% supposition with .1% of misinterpretation.

I don't know much about crop circles, and neither do you.

If you think it's nothing more than planks and boards, cool.

Last edited:
I don't know much about crop circles, and neither do you.

If you think it's nothing more than planks and boards, cool.

I asked you about the quote you used as an earlier reply. Do you want to address to whom that quote was attributed, or do you just want to pretend that you no longer want to discuss crop circles?

I asked you about the quote you used as an earlier reply. Do you want to address to whom that quote was attributed, or do you just want to pretend that you no longer want to discuss crop circles?

The link to where I read it was provided in the post.

The link to where I read it was provided in the post.

Either you're intentionally dodging the question, or you're not understanding what I'm asking. The quote about only being able to be seen from space....WHO made that statement? It certainly wasn't the scientist as might have been implied in the article you linked. If anything it was the author (I'm assuming it's someone named Nazira Zharimbet) of the article and from my understanding that author isn't a scientist and has no credibility to make such a statement. Since you used it as a reply do you really feel like it has any credence at all?

Something I noticed when I was younger and fell in love with these kinds of theories was that for some reason all these people refute every single thing stated by qualified and credentialed scientists, but hold onto anything said by non-credentialed people as absolute fact. All of this was simply because the scientists refute the crazy claims (such as yours in this and other threads of this nature) and the others just seem to fall in line with the echo chamber.

More of an accurate and scientific article about the geoglyphs in that same region of Kazakhstan.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/11/151102-kazakhstan-earthworks-geoglyphs-space-satellite/

"Matuzeviciute, an archaeologist at the Lithuanian Institute of History in Vilnius.....“They may have been built as a kind of landmark, something that could be seen from river valleys far away,” she says. “These aren’t like the Nazca linesthat you can only see from above.”"

LMAO...absolutely not something that can only be seen from space.

Either you're intentionally dodging the question, or you're not understanding what I'm asking. The quote about only being able to be seen from space....WHO made that statement? It certainly wasn't the scientist as might have been implied in the article you linked. If anything it was the author (I'm assuming it's someone named Nazira Zharimbet) of the article and from my understanding that author isn't a scientist and has no credibility to make such a statement. Since you used it as a reply do you really feel like it has any credence at all?

Something I noticed when I was younger and fell in love with these kinds of theories was that for some reason all these people refute every single thing stated by qualified and credentialed scientists, but hold onto anything said by non-credentialed people as absolute fact. All of this was simply because the scientists refute the crazy claims (such as yours in this and other threads of this nature) and the others just seem to fall in line with the echo chamber.

Lol relax buddy, I haven't made any definitive claims about anything, other than to say that, with my limited understanding of the phenomena, wooden planks don't seem to account for all the supposed characteristics of intricate crop circles - according to those that research this shit.

Basically I'm just trying to get discussion going about crop circles and Geoglyphs. I have no real stance on the issue, because, like I said, I don't know much about them - just like you.

If you want to fact check that link and get back to us on it, feel free.

Good looks on participating.

Some dudes in Afghanistan made a huge dick and balls out of sandbags so shit can't be that hard.

Back