@Titanium
Reaction score
Anthony-Crolla-vs-Jorge-Linares-1.jpg

12 rounds vacant Ring Magazine, WBA LW titles-

#1 Jorge Linares (40-3, 27 KO's)

vs

#3 Anthony Crolla (31-4-3, 13 KO's)
-------------------------------

Saturday September 24 11 PST/ 12 MST/ 1 CST/ 2 EST AWE TV, Sky Sports, your local stream.

Should be a good one, I've seen decent spurts by both of them. I've got Linares taking this one.

lol is Ring magazine title even legit?

Linares is an interesting guy.
Love the fact that he doesn't give up. Considering that at one point he was touted to be one of the next big things.
Being hyped like that and losing to DeMarco doesn't look good. Then losing your comeback. Would be enough to make most hang them up.

I might be remembering wrong... but, @Seano , weren't you one of the few who wasn't buying the Linares hype.. predicting that DeMarco would beat him?

I might be remembering wrong... but, @Seano , weren't you one of the few who wasn't buying the Linares hype.. predicting that DeMarco would beat him?
I was never big on Linares but honestly, I don't recall who I picked in that fight.

I think Crolla is the same guy that beat Barroso and Eddie Hearn jumped in the ring crying

I’ll check this out. I like watching Linares. I expect the commentators will be kissing his ass for his technique (“look at his form!” Perfect one-two!”) before he invariably gets pounded in the later in the fight.

This looks a good fight, will defo watch.

Last edited:
Anthony-Crolla-vs-Jorge-Linares-1.jpg

12 rounds vacant Ring Magazine, WBA LW titles-

#1 Jorge Linares (40-3, 27 KO's)

vs

#3 Anthony Crolla (31-4-3, 13 KO's)
-------------------------------

Saturday September 24 11 PST/ 12 MST/ 1 CST/ 2 EST AWE TV, Sky Sports, your local stream.

Linares is maybe the biggest dud prospect of the last decade.

Linares is maybe the biggest dud prospect of the last decade.

Linares was the victim of massive over-hyping early in his career 'cos of his pretty, offensive style.

His handlers didn't realise his chin is below average & that he cut up easily whilst they were manipulating the rankings to buy him his first two world titles. Being a horrible person, I used to wish him ill & spit whenever I heard his name.

But I like the lad now. Standing & fighting back desperately against De Marco whilst his face was falling apart & all his punches were bouncing off like fuck-all turned me into something of a fan. Even Thompson levelling him didn't sour me; I am a sentimental fool.

Even now, put him in with some heavy-fisted solid-chinned Latino the same size as him & I'd bet on the less-gifted but more robust fighter every single time.

But Crolla isn't that fella. Crolla is a hard-luck guy who was exposed at British level (see the first Derry Mathews fight). He's also got a "pretty" style, with nice handspeed, & also like Linares has been carefully matched since getting flattened the first time by Matthews (who is the sort of fella you should be using as a speed-bump should you have world title aspirations, imo). Crolla has always got promotional opportunities his talent didn't deserve because his trainer (Joe "Incompetent" Gallagher) gets deep-throated by the British twitter fucknuts who pass for "journalism" in this country & has deep, deep ties with Sir Edward of Hearnage.

So Linares has had much the same type of career, but at a much higher level (replacing Japanese promo outfit Teiken & latter GBP with Gallagher & British/Commonwealth titles for alphabet world ones); they have also both shown vulnerability & a susceptibility to facial damage & a pleasing never-say-die comeback attitude which has only really been a factor in their careers because of careful match-making on the part of their handlers--if Crolla was trained by someone else or Linares managed by a different company both of them would be facing retirement now due to being fed to some younger, hipper prospect.

Despite the fact that the severe shellackings will catch up with him at some stage, I can't see anything but a win here for Linares, but knowing him he'll have to survive horrific cuts & three knockdowns to do it. At his best he's simply been several levels above Crolla.

Give me Linares. Old forgotten hype or not he should beat Crolla

Million Dolla yo!

Honestly, I think Linares is the better, faster boxer, but Crolla is solid, and a workhorse. Linares won't be able to stay out of trouble,e for the entire fight.

This is gonna be a good fight between 2 solid guys. But whoever the winner is, he better warm up that belt for Mikey Garcia so we can a see a Loma super fight!!!

Linares- 134
Crolla- 134.5

Crolla is better than Mitchell who was giving Linares fits.

Linares is way more skilled than Crolla and on paper should win. However hes got this bad habit of staying in the pocket for too long, kind of like Amir Khan. He's also got chin issues and cuts easily which makes this fight 50/50. Still, I'll go with the more skilled guy.

I've picked against Crolla last two fights and he's proved me wrong. Finding a way to win.
Think he does it again and beats Linares.

Back