Cracking noises in the neck

AdrianT

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Sometimes when my head is stuck in a guillotine, triangle, neck crank etc. and I am trying to escape, my neck makes these cracking/clicking noises in the neck. It doesnt hurt at all, butI know I have a couple of herniated discs in my neck and i am not sure if they are the cause or the result of this. Is normal? <6>

My neck makes crinkling noises quite frequently. I think it's the same thing as cracking your knuckles.

Mind you that's a completely unqualified opinion.

First sign of AIDS is that neck cracking sound.

Well one thing we know for sure is: it's not Lupus.

You've come to the right place!

Too Dr Dog!

that's Dr SherDog!

LOL!

I always think of snapping, popping and crackling sounds as friction on cartilage, ligaments and tendons. When all that shit gets aggravated it swells and starts to wear out.

Don't be a butthead like me!

Don't be sitting out a year of training from surgery!

Have it checked out professionally!

"Be afraid!"

"Be very afraid!"

Sry so fucking bored!

LOL!

Not sure exactly, but I've had it over ten years now. My guess from what I've been told, it's a combination of misalignment, scar tissue, and (hopefully not) bone spur growths. After I get readjusted by a chiro, they go away for a couple of days.

The fact is, our ligaments aren't tight there anymore, so it's not a well oil machine anymore.

Not sure exactly, but I've had it over ten years now. My guess from what I've been told, it's a combination of misalignment, scar tissue, and (hopefully not) bone spur growths. After I get readjusted by a chiro, they go away for a couple of days.

The fact is, our ligaments aren't tight there anymore, so it's not a well oil machine anymore.

Yeah I definitely have some of these bone spurs in between the vertebrae. I have hurt my neck a few times while lifting or rolling. I had CT done 2 months ago and it showed some of this stuff along with disc herniation in the neck. I was in some serious neck-shoulder-arm pain then. In other words, some degenerative shit going on at the age of 27. 2 months ago I thought I wouldn't grapple ever again and now I am yoloing it again.

<6>

Back