Cracked rib question.

Nimrod

Wistfull With A Fist-Full
@Silver
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this?

If so what where your findings?

Its been 2 weeks now and holy shit the pain is fucking doing me in.. when does this start to get better?

I was told it could be 8/9 weeks !! Really? I thought by now it would be easing off a little but holy cow batman breathing, taking a shit, sneezes, coughs... forget wanking..

Its been 2 weeks now and holy shit the pain is fucking doing me in.. when does this start to get better?

I was told it could be 8/9 weeks !! Really? I thought by now it would be easing off a little but holy cow batman breathing, taking a shit, sneezes, coughs... forget wanking..
Hope you don't catch a cold.

cracked rib, for your displeasure.

Hope you don't catch a cold.

I think i have one brewing, its cold as shit here, was out all day yesterday unnecessarily fucking about with broken bumpers in the snow and cold.. grrrr

I think i have one brewing, its cold as shit here, was out all day yesterday unnecessarily fucking about with broken bumpers in the snow and cold.. grrrr
Well, yer fukked! The only time I cracked a rib it tool something like 2 months to heal. One of the bigger PITA injuries I've had. Good luck.

Well, yer fukked! The only time I cracked a rib it tool something like 2 months to heal. One of the bigger PITA injuries I've had. Good luck.

Ok thanks for that feeling better already! Lol

damn I feel for you, I just bruised the outside of my rib and had to take a day off work because it made it hard to move must be a lot worse to crack your rib.

Yeah, always takes longer than it should. Even longer if you separate them, several times in the same spot.

Let that be a lesson to ya!

Hot fire for the better part of a year and I'm not certain it was actually cracked or broken. If so it wasn't displaced. I found some relief with the "sweet spot" position and learned to sleep that way. It wasn't the same position each time either.

Good luck.

I've done it three times, once to the same rib. It really sucks and there's not much you can do about it other than pain killers.

I remember them taking close to a month before I didn't notice any pain at all. The first week or two sucks real bad. If you ever wanna have some real fun try breaking your tail bone. It wasn't the most painful injury I've ever had but goddamn I basically couldn't even move in my sleep or I'd wake up in excruciating pain.

Hope you feel better soon bud.

One time I got a crack right where my rib meets the sternum. Every time I inhaled it was like someone was driving in a nail. If I slept on my stomach or my right side, pain. It sucked. And yes, it lasted 8-9 weeks.

I've had broken ribs multiple times. Not fun. One time I slept in my recliner at night for several months.

8-9 weeks sounds about right. Cracked rib sucks. Simple things such as breathing become a hassle. Gotta find that 1 comfortable position that works for you and stay in it the majority of your time. Have pain meds handy. If you've seen your doctor and they know you have a cracked rib, they should prescribe you the good stuff.

8-9 weeks sounds about right. Cracked rib sucks. Simple things such as breathing become a hassle. Gotta find that 1 comfortable position that works for you and stay in it the majority of your time. Have pain meds handy. If you've seen your doctor and they know you have a cracked rib, they should prescribe you the good stuff.

Yeah got some nice oramorph to chug on .. yummy

Back