Counter-Strike players club v2: Cloud9 made America great again

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by KaNesDeath, Feb 10, 2018.

1. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    My seat from Friday all the way till the end of the grand final on Sunday at the ELeague Valve Major in Boston:
    [​IMG]

During map three of the grand final ELeague broke the live viewership record on Twitch: https://esportsobserver.com/eleague-boston-major-viewership-record/
    *Something ELeague initially broke and held one year earlier from the 2017 ELeague CSGO Valve Major in Atlanta.

With cs_summit going on this weekend. Cloud9 is still showing their Valve Major winning form. While NiP and North looked stagnant. Torqued had a surprisingly good showing. Liquid, are still up and down. We'll see how their match against SK goes later today.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  2. someguyy Yellow Card

someguyy
    Woah, that's some fucking nice seat you got right there.

Maybe you should add link to first thread somewhere?

Summit is tier 2 event, and it is by design, not only by teams and prize money.
    So, not really important who wins it that much.
    Anyway, it is very likely C9 wins final due to 1 map lead.
    On one hand, I like GSL system they are working with and like diversity of systems, as I've said before.
    The only problem with this is that 1 map lead. In all honesty I'd rather have final be 1 BO3 advantage for team for upper bracket.
    So, final is 2 BO3(if needed in the case of team from lower bracket winning 1st BO3). In case of double BO3 final give teams like 2 hours rest between them.

On the other hand if SK loses, it will finally stop their tier 2 LAN win streak, where they go be only great team and win them every time. Just padding their trophy room with tournaments that are not that important.

Here is a picture of part of upcoming CS:GO tournaments:
    [​IMG]

The REAL tier 1 events so far are Starladder & IEM Katowice.
    Unfortunately due to nationality rules WESG 2017(name in picture is wrong) and V4 are tier 2 events.

Quipling likes this.
  3. someguyy Yellow Card

someguyy
    Another part I want to talk about is roster changes.

Holy shit this has been most random post major shuffle ever, at least in CS:GO.

OK, lets try this chronologically.

Anj getting kicked from NRG for nahte. He was never properly used, he ain't no entry/lurker folks, but nahte should be upgrade anyway.
    HR replace fejtz with bondik. They both provide a lot of firepower, but that is not what angel wants them to do. Fejtz can't play supportive/bitch role and bondik can. I am surpised they haven't replaced deadfox already, esetag just became available, and he is much better at bitch role. Just try anyone else, I guess that is next move if bondik deadfox combo doesn't work.
    Now for big surprise: North. Mertz replaces cajunb. I think a necessary change to add very aggressive AWPer in a rigid team. Only problem he is very unproven even in tier 2 LANs, frags like madman online.
    Kjaerbye replaces konfig. Like what's the point? MSL replaces his best player once again, with completely different player again, but tries to keep the same setups(OK mertz is actually exception here). I don't see how north gets better with this, only worse.
    fns and koosta upgrade their teams, but not by much, still its good to see right steps taken, even if it is by smaller teams.
    Now Envy: kioshima replaces xms, and hadji replaces sixer. Which leaves team without primary AWPer, but probably makes it better :D
    On surface kioshima does everything better than xms, but at the same time I think xms was doing more than well in his entry/bitch role. If they were gonna replace sixer, could have kept xms.
    But it was probably something behind scenes, as they were replaces at separate days. I am glad hadji is getting a chance, but he is not a primary AWPer and can't do bitch roles. I think he will have hard time finding his place in a team. Well, nobody except happy in that team has a clear role now. We will see how it evolves.
    Keev and legija leave BIG. Finally. Lucker and ayken on trial. Who? If it has to be German AWPer, syrson was obvious choice, but I guess Alternate Attax isn't letting him go, or gob b knows better.
    NAF replaces jdm at Liquid. Another team chooses to play without primary AWP. Overall it should increase firepower, so it's a step in right direction, if nitro can do good enough as IGL AWPer(which is becoming popular recently).
    Fitch is replaced by seized. Oh boy. Shame about fitch, he didn't have anyone play around him, but he didn't provide much for the team. Maybe go to flipside?
    Seized is playing same role as dosia under zeus from what I have seen, which has left dosia with undefined role in team. Hobbit is IGL, I saw all 4 on AKs, and him with CZ & utility. SMH.
    I'd replace seized with proper IGL, and take roman from NEMIGA who runs similiar system as zeus, if he wants to go out from Belorussian prison. Cyberfocus left his team, so that ups the chances, but roman ain't spring chicken anymore.
    Michu(trial) replaces taz. Change was needed, but I'd rather go with young capable IGL in toao. Problem with Polish scene is they don't have supertalents anymore, only a bunch of really good role/teamplayers. Michu is only one with attitude of superstar, but he is not better than anyone on VP including taz. If he is not given resources he will struggle.
    Magisk goes to Astralis. Fucking Astralis man, even when they lose, they win. This means probably dupreeh going back to entry role, magisk to 2nd entry and anchor. This could only end better if they got konfig. Still it should be a slight improvement to team overall.
    Rubino on trial over esetag. Feel bad for esetag, he would not be bitch player on many other teams, but rubino is THE BITCH. Straight upgrade, we will see how much freedom he gives to his teammates, and which one benefits.
    Now Optic form new team, team Random: konfig, cajunb, gade, shazam and stanislaw. Nobody can predict how this team will play, but we should expect them to be between 10-15 ranked team eventually. Team will definitely need upgrades in future.
    Jkaem as stand-in in RNG. Come last,get served last.

And there might be more in next days...

I'd like to mention 2 young capable IGL, who didn't get chance in tier 1 teams.
    First is hampus, which I was surprised wasn't a pick over golden. He would have been much better fit with his very loose style, even looser than karrigan.
    While we are at Swedes, that Epsilon team did best with barrbarr as IGL, but his numbers go down to the gutter even against tier 2 teams when he IGLs, so he is not an option, but pretty good player overall.
    Second one is spellan. Although Bulgaria has a lot of older OK IGLs, he is the only good young one. Has complete control over all his teams where he IGLed(not sure if he is IGL right now) with set roles, and system no matter the players. The only problem is cerq going to NA, which left Bulgaria with 0 AWPers and 0 potential star players. They are the only country I know that has more IGLs than star players :D

mr.bigglesworth and Bubzeh like this.
  4. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    I agree. Though this lan was a good way to see certain teams current form. Whats strange is the pendulum of performance we saw from Cloud9 throughout the entire Major was nearly echoed by Liquid at this lan.

Only thing that upset me about the Major was that G2 was my Pick'em choice. Day after the Major Shox released he was having wrist issues :mad:

If i knew that my Pick'em would of been different. For Shox has a tailored history of going god mode against NA teams at Valve Majors.

5. someguyy Yellow Card

someguyy
    Optic died for our sins.

6. Bubzeh Pink Belt

Bubzeh
    Fnatic are so fucking bad at times. Golden has got so much credit lately but he's the problem 100 percent. Guy doesn't frag. No impact at all. One of the worst IGL's out there. Frustrating.

NaVi starting ESL strong. I like it.

7. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    Hes making FNatic work with this lineup. Impact wise he has more impact than JW and Flusha. At the Valve Major they should of beat SK. Problem was SK hit their peak in that BO3.

8. someguyy Yellow Card

someguyy
    Did you watch fnatic-Tyloo? Missed it because I was watching Heroic-Hellraiser. I am interested how they managed to lose that.

Even though all games except final are BO3, there are still upsets.:rolleyes:

Bubzeh likes this.
  9. Bubzeh Pink Belt

Bubzeh
    I've been away this weekend so I've not watched any of this Ukraine tournament. Literally just switched on to watch FaZe and Cloud9 now though. Will catch up on results tommorrow. Fnatic lost against Tyloo then? Garbageeeee. Krimz is too good for them.

10. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    I did, Tyloo showed up. All of their players individually looked top tier and their tactics in pivotal rounds were perfectly countering Fnatic. Fnatic didnt look bad, they just ran into Tyloo on their best day.

11. Bubzeh Pink Belt

Bubzeh
    Next Major confirmed in London. September time. Might go for the final day... Weighing it up hmm..

12. Bubzeh Pink Belt

Bubzeh
    Hotel booked. Going. Can't wait.