Could Vitali win Vladimir's last 2 fights?

Lol @ someone saying Vitali couldn't even beat Lewis

Did you ever watch their fight? That was stopped due to a cut? Seems like he was more than capable of beating him to me based on skill and lost the fight because of an unfortunate cut, not because he was out boxed or outskilled

I think a lot of people don't remember how mean Vitali was in the ring. Wlad didn't like going to war,ever. Vitali didn't give a fuck and would stand and trade if he had to and came out on top.

He'd beat Joshua I think. Vitalis chin is on another level than Wlads. He also wouldn't have let Joshua off the hook after hurting him the way wlad did

I don't think wlad would beat Lewis. I think he'd get kod.

Did you ever watch their fight? That was stopped due to a cut? Seems like he was more than capable of beating him to me based on skill and lost the fight because of an unfortunate cut, not because he was out boxed or outskilled

I think a lot of people don't remember how mean Vitali was in the ring. Wlad didn't like going to war,ever. Vitali didn't give a fuck and would stand and trade if he had to and came out on top.

He'd beat Joshua I think. Vitalis chin is on another level than Wlads. He also wouldn't have let Joshua off the hook after hurting him the way wlad did

I don't think wlad would beat Lewis. I think he'd get kod.
If he fought on he'd have lost his fucking eye dude, wake up

Did you ever watch their fight? That was stopped due to a cut? Seems like he was more than capable of beating him to me based on skill and lost the fight because of an unfortunate cut, not because he was out boxed or outskille.

Absolutely nothing to do with good fortune. He had to have 60 Stitches in his mouth and face due to the injuries which were all caused by punches. Lewis had 1 foot in retirement when he stopped vitali, it makes fck all difference that you are behind on the scorecard if you stop a guy. lewis was landing his uppercut at will in the last round, it was getting stopped one way or the other in the next round or 2. It was better for vitali that it was stopped when it was

I like vitali and respect him as a warrior, but reality is he got beat by a guy who was struggling to even motivate himself for the fight

I just rewatched it. Lewis landed more hard punches than I remembered, but he was getting hit clean by Vitali and got stunned pretty bad in the second round. Vitali is an awkward arm puncher who doesn't have anywhere near the same pop as Wladimir. Lewis was out of shape and not sharp at all. I supposed he could have landed one big right and turned out the lights on Wlad, but the question was prime Wlad vs the version of Lewis that fought Vitali. I'd still take Wlad to take that version of Lewis out.

Wlad would've beat that version of Lewis for all the reasons you state. If Lewis takes the fight seriously like he did with Holyfield or Tyson, he kos wlad at any point in the fight imo

At vitalis best, That big awkward bastard beats about any hw ever.

I think his awkwardness along with his durability lets him beat both these guys. He could have taken Joshua's best shots, kept the pace up, and worn him down.

I wouldn't call Vitali slick, but he is much more shifty than Wlad. With his awkward movement it would have been harder for Fury to cruise to a win like he did with Wlad. Wlad is very straight forward for 99 percent of the fight with one or two little tricks mixed in for good measure.

So you know better than doctors?
I saw the documentary Klitschko. The doctor rated it an 8 out of 10 on how bad it was. Said the cotton swab could sink into his eyelid.

I'm guessing he was the on sight physician. But I'm not sure would have to watch again.

Absolutely nothing to do with good fortune. He had to have 60 Stitches in his mouth and face due to the injuries which were all caused by punches. Lewis had 1 foot in retirement when he stopped vitali, it makes fck all difference that you are behind on the scorecard if you stop a guy. lewis was landing his uppercut at will in the last round, it was getting stopped one way or the other in the next round or 2. It was better for vitali that it was stopped when it was

I like vitali and respect him as a warrior, but reality is he got beat by a guy who was struggling to even motivate himself for the fight

I think some are making the logical assumption that had the fluke of the cut not happened, Vitali would have won. Given his lead on the cards and Lewis being fat, and fighting at a pace he couldn't recover from (as easily as Vitali who would have been in better condition) this hypothesis is not absurd - far from it. This is entirely in the scope of possibility. I don't know why anyone would argue against this as something that could have happened.

Lewis was keen to give a lot of reasons for avoiding a rematch; thing is, he needed certain rematches during his career against guys that beat him. This allowed him to cement his credibility. When the same situation was reversed, Lewis was not so confident that he could beat Vitali a second time. If Lewis was firm in his belief that he could remove all doubt his win, he would have fought him again. Just because he said he had nothing to prove, doesn't make it true.

If he fought on he'd have lost his fucking eye dude, wake up

Your point? That doesn't mean he wasn't winning the fight until the cut stoppage, which was unfortunate, just like I said

People are acting like "oh Vitali had no chance against Lewis". He was winning the fight before it was stopped due to damage.

People make it seem like Lewis was on a completely different skill level from Vitali or something. I don't think that's the case. I think they were both very skilled fighters and to just blow that fight off by saying "Vitali couldn't even beat Lewis" as a dismissal of Vitali's skills is a pretty simple and stupid way to look at their bout

Your point? That doesn't mean he wasn't winning the fight until the cut stoppage, which was unfortunate, just like I said

People are acting like "oh Vitali had no chance against Lewis". He was winning the fight before it was stopped due to damage.
This is stuff right off esb, honestly show me a picture where it looks like Lennox is losing.

I disagree with you on Lewis' jab. He had a crisp, solid jab. Check out what he did to Tua, Tyson and Morrison with the jab. Thats not to say he never used it as just a range finder, he did that often but his jab was what set him apart from the other HWs of the era. Lewis didn't need a foot of height on a guy to have an effective jab either.

I would agree perhaps that Wlad had a more consistent power jab.

You just cited three guys that had nothing to offer up. Of course Lewis' jab would shine there. Tua is a flatfooted left-hooker that has no head movement. Tyson - while an effective jabber in his day - was so far done at that point he didnt jab, or move, or close the distance like he needed to to neutralize Lewis' jab. Morrison also is a hittable guy that had no jab.

None of those things can be attributed to Wladimir. If they fought, it's safe to say that Wlad's size, fundamentals and more studied jab would reduce people's opinions about how good Lewis' jab was. Plus, he had the nasty habit of dropping his hand after throwing his jab. Wlad would have the size and timing to throw a right hand counter over Lewis' dropping left. This would also affect how and when Lewis would choose to throw it. Again, Lewis has a good jab, but Wlad's jab would be problematic for him. Lastly, Lewis' entire style was based around, and a product of the fact that he was typically the bigger man in the ring. That doesn't mean he didn't have skills (or even a good jab, cuz it was good, just not great), it just means he needed that "foot of height" (as you mentioned) for his style to be effective. A big, fundamentally sound fighter, could neutralize some of Lewis' advantages that were due to his size. Sauce for the goose, obviously, as Wlad would have a big guy in front of him too. This is why the fight is closer than you are indicating (if Lewis can "knock the shit out of Wlad", then this revelation becomes reversible). Both have the EQUAL opportunity to KO the other. It's not one-sided. Not by a longshot.

Vitali or Wlad prime beats Joshua for sure, Fury is tough for either but Vitali has the better shout as he'll let his hands go, and Lennox beats them all imo

This is stuff right off esb, honestly show me a picture where it looks like Lennox is losing.
lewis-klitschko-scorecard.jpg

Vitali was winning the fight before the stoppage. How was he out of shape. He was fighting the same as he always did in shape.
You couldn't possibly say he was in shape for that fight if you've followed Lewis' career

You couldn't possibly say he was in shape for that fight if you've followed Lewis' career
Yeah he was. The difference was he looked shocked vital took his best shot and wasn't fazed. He came out strong as always

Yeah he was. The difference was he looked shocked vital took his best shot and wasn't fazed. He came out strong as always
I do agree, Lewis panicked a little and had a sense of urgency to get Vitaly out quickly

No Lewis was old and clearly past his best.

This is how Lewis "beat" Vitali

A pawing punch that didn't connect and scraped his face off with the end of his glove. For people to act like Lewis was somehow on another skill level than Vitali in this fight by saying "Vitali couldn't even beat Lewis" doesn't make sense. He was beating him on the cards and a fluke cut caused damaged that made the fight get stopped. It's not like Lewis was destroying Vitali via superior boxing. The entire reason that fight was stopped is because of the "punch" in the video

Let's not just dismiss Vitali's entire career, accomplishments and skillset by saying he couldn't even beat someone he was on his way to beating (who then retired and never fought him again)

I'm not saying the fight shouldn't have been stopped. It was the right decision to make. Vitali was going to lose his eye. But let's not pretend Lewis blew him away and just destroyed him. he was losing the fight. You literally can't argue that, the guy posted the cards on this same page.

Back