Could Nate Diaz manhandle Khabib?

That's six years ago and it's basically LW nate fighting a BIG welterweight. He immediately dropped BACK down to LW after this fight because he had no nosiness at WW. He's got his man body now.
nate-diaz-ufc-202-ceremonial-weigh-ins.jpg

There's no way Khabib does this at 170. At 155 I'm sure he'd have an impressive throw or two...but no where near the ragdolling Rory dished out, he's just not big enough. I think Khabib wins because as much as I like Nate, he's not stopping Khabibs takedown and can be held down and beat up. Nate has a good ground game but he's not some killer off his back like people wanna suggest.
He might not throw him around to the extent that Rory did, but he's taking him down at will and won't be threatened at all on the ground.

Tough match for Nate. He doesn't have the power to keep Nurmy off him. Nurmy hasn't gone 5 and seems to tire. Nate needs to develop a front teep kick, or something he can use to sap Nurmy's stamina(Similar to what Mcgregor did to Mendes). He might win the last couple of rounds, but Nurmy takes a decision.

Khabib is a horrible matchup for Nate, whole fight would be Nate getting ragdolled, and Khabib beating the daylights out of him.

Khabib has never faced a taller fighter with longer reach in his career.
Nate Diaz has superior BJJ in comparison.
If people thought McGregor looked bad against Diaz, Khabib would look like a 10 year old child against him.

Nate's biggest weakness is strong wrestlers with safe top games. I think Khabib dominates him

Khabib has never faced a taller fighter with longer reach in his career.
Nate Diaz has superior BJJ in comparison.
If people thought McGregor looked bad against Diaz, Khabib would look like a 10 year old child against him.
This, Khabib would completely maul Nate.

Back