Could babalu have been ufc champ at any point if he went to Middleweight?

I think if 185 was ever an option for Babalu he would’ve tried it. Life became pretty difficult at 205. There were times in the UFC and then Strikeforce where he was in limbo. I thought he actually looked really good in the 195 bout vs. Lawler, probably his best performance against a good fighter in the last several years of his career...but didn’t look like he had much more weight to lose and remain healthy.

Yes, he would've been the best middleweight.

...of the night!

Last edited:
Yeah he was good everywhere, but never saw anything that warrants world class. I saw a guy who was just a very disciplined guy who is a hard worker
For a guy with no background in any combat sports before MMA, he was impressive. Punches were unsightly, but effective. He did have the benefit of being HUGE compared to some of those guys. He dwarfed The Crow.

Seraldo would have beat both Franklin and Tanner.

The beating he put on Heath was great.

His tattoos make his anaconda chokes look cooler.

One of his best performances came at when he fought at 195 or 190 vs robbie and that was one of the few times he has looked like he was in his 20's again. You think instead of having to be famous by getting cracked by Chuck, he could have been the one to beat rich franklin and evan tanner at MW?
Would be more interesting to wonder why he didnt make the transition from Rings to Pride.

He could have built a bigger name there, suited more his skill set.

Back