Cotto vs Kirkland HBO PPV Feb 25 2017

Not worth 60 bucks to see Cotto out class and KO a brawler with absolutely no defense and a bad chin.

Looks like I'm waiting a week to watch this when they replay it.

All the business nonsense aside this is a good fight for Cotto to ride into the sunset on, assuming that's what happens. He'll soundly outbox Kirkland but it'll probably be exciting for the first few rounds.

In 2011 this would have been a VERY interesting fight, (I chose that year because they were in the same weightclass at the time) but don't think there will be much interest in it now unfortunately. Atleast, the winner (Which will most likely be Cotto) should be able to land one more big fight after this. Although they'll probably end up losing that one more big fight. I could see either one of these guys being matched up with one of the Charlo's later on in 2017 or maybe even in 2018

From ESPN

The fight with Kirkland is the last one in Cotto's promotional contract with Roc Nation Sports and is being pursued as a pay-per-view event because the company owes Cotto at least $10 million for the fight. It almost surely will lose considerable money since there is no public demand for the bout: Cotto is coming off a loss and has not fought since 2015, and Kirkland is a marginal opponent coming off a 21-month layoff and a crushing defeat.

50k buys or less. No matter how much Puerto Rican love Cotto has, they aren't shelling out money for Kirkland.

I have to root for Kirkland to pull off the upset here. If he Ko's Cotto it might actually be worth the $60 price.

I've never seen a sport so out of touch with it's fanbase. It's like they take the logical move and do the exact opposite of it to spite the fans, all while shooting themselves in the foot in the process. It literally makes no sense.

I don't think it's likely that Roc will be renewing with Cotto. I bet they ease off boxing once Ward's contract is up too. The only reason they got those two to begin with were the guarantees, which don't seem to make financial sense for RN. Without overpaying for talent, they don't have any competitive advantage - or at least I haven't seen anything from them that makes me think they're good at promoting fights. I don't see how they stay in it in the long run.

Looks like I'm waiting a week to watch this when they replay it.

Not even a week, the Kovalev vs Ward fight was online and free the 'next day' lol,...you won't be waiting one week.

Rigo is in the co-main so I'd probably be asleep before the main event comes on.

Down The street for me. Will watch live. Hope the undercard is good. Perhaps local boxer Spence jr.

All the business nonsense aside this is a good fight for Cotto to ride into the sunset on, assuming that's what happens. He'll soundly outbox Kirkland but it'll probably be exciting for the first few rounds.

being relatively early in the year, I was under the impression Cotto was using Kirkland to set up another fight later in the year (Tim Bradley perhaps?)

and if the boxing is going as poorly for Roc Nation as I'd have imagined Feb 25th can't come soon enough

250,000 via Cotto's fans buying what has to be one of his last bouts?

Maybe that's high, but I could see it.

I've never seen a sport so out of touch with it's fanbase. It's like they take the logical move and do the exact opposite of it to spite the fans, all while shooting themselves in the foot in the process. It literally makes no sense.
Dada va Kimbo

Royce vs Hughes

Black Fedor va the Starbucks guy

Wwe dude fighting some unknown and getting smoked

James Toney vs Couture

Trying to force and shame cyborg into 135 fight

Don't try to act like its exclusive to boxing

Back