Costa vs Adesanya for #1 contender?

Romero vs Costa
Jacare vs Adesanya

Can't just ignore Romero and Jacare, especially since they are ranked ahead of Izzy and All Natty Paulo Costa
Even though I would expect both contenders to take an L with these matchups, it's better than the alternative -- Adesanya vs Costa where one guy loses and the other guy still doesn't beat a legit contender.

I'm for that fight. Would costa even make it to the fight though? It seems to be an issue of late.

Costa=good genetics. It also helps to follow good nutritional advice. Wish I ate my broccoli as a kid

why not
Romero vs Adesanya
Jacare vs Costa

Cause I'm a huge Romero nuthugger and I felt I was gonna get called out on it if I matched up Romero with Adesanya because Romero would obviously kill him whereas people feel Costa has something for Romero (which he doesn't).

Costa's biggest win is against Uriah Hall, it is quite outrageous for him to get anywhere near a title shot off that. Even Jared Cannonier has beaten a stronger opponent and should be ahead of Costa in the pecking order. If anything I would like to see Costa vs Cannonier, that would be an interesting fight to see what Costa is really made of.

IMHO

They should book:

Israel vs Costa
And
Yoel vs Jacare II (preferably 5 rounds)

If Whittaker wins:
he fights Israel vs Costa winner, as he already beat Jacare via KO and beat Yoel 2x (albeit a close fight in the rematch)

If Gastelum wins:
He fights Yoel vs Jacare winner.
Jacare vs Gastelum was close enough to warrant a rematch and
for Gastelum to be champ without facing Yoel to me would leave a big question mark as to if he is really the best (not that the champ is synonymous with being the best, but...)

Whittaker won both both rounds and finished jacare. Where is the confusion?

Jacare is tough as hell and didn't go Out completely but he lost in dominant fashion
You seem to be the one confused. I agree that Whittaker did finish him and he made it look easy. Maybe you don't know what "KTFO" means. It means knocked the fuck out, as in unconscious. At no time was Jacare unconscious. That's what I'm talking about. I'm not confused at all.

And what is Romero? Chopped liver?

giphy.gif

Cause I'm a huge Romero nuthugger and I felt I was gonna get called out on it if I matched up Romero with Adesanya because Romero would obviously kill him whereas people feel Costa has something for Romero (which he doesn't).
so Adesanya doesnt deserv to fight for the title and he cannot pass Romero

I'd say Romero is pretty much unique

Also jacare is 2-2 in his last four and is on a scorching one fight win streak and lost to Whittaker already

Now you have a one fight win streak and you get a title shot?

Yeah but you gotta look at level of competition too. Jacare beat Weidman last.

Adesanya best win so far is Brunson (who Jacare also beat), and Costa doesn't even have a top 10 win yet. They can't be ahead of Jacare simply because they have a longer streak.

I'd say Romero is pretty much unique

Also jacare is 2-2 in his last four and is on a scorching one fight win streak and lost to Whittaker already

Now you have a one fight win streak and you get a title shot?

2 fight win streak and romero is also 2-2 lol

Izzy is afraid to fight Yoel, I don't believe he will accept a fight with Costa.

would rather see Costa vs Weidman
Israel vs Rockhold

GSP and Cain disagree

Thats an adorable analogy. First of all Jacare isn't Cain or GSP. He's also like 39 now. And Cain and GSP just got caught, Jacare got dominated from start to finish. He even had Whittakers back for a moment and couldn't do anything. A rematch could be even more one sided here.

And what is Romero? Chopped liver?

He's a guy who had multiple title shots and/or number 1 contender fights in a row that has two losses to the current champion. Romero is like Wonderboy and Whittaker is his Woodley.

Back