News Cory Sandhagen vs Umar Nurmagomedov set to headline UFC Abu Dhabi on August 3

Who wins?

• Total voters
Dude, he called out Ricky Simon (#8) and got ducked lmaooo. Nobody wanted to fight him. Umar been calling out BWs from 1-20 and almost none of them wanted to fight him. Thats a fact that even Dana admitted. Sherbros love spreading false narratives about the Dagis smh.

Here's a video of Umar shitting on Ricky Simon for ducking him

Lol.

You understand that when he fought Maness that Umar wasn't ranked, right? Either was Maness, but beating him somehow meant that when Umar fought Barcelos, Umar was suddenly ranked 11th.

Then he beats Barcelos, another unranked fighter who was 1-2 in his last 3, with the win being against a 14-11 fighter. That somehow made him 9th.

And he did call out the top fighters. He was coming off a win over unranked Barcelos and calling out the guy who had just beaten Yan and fighting for the belt next. Suga was a duck for suddenly not fighting the guy who was 11th with no ranked wins? The tweets with dates are below. I mean, he's saying in one of them that Suga is afraid of him back in Dec 23 lol. Umar's best win at the time was Maness and Suga had just beaten Yan hahah.

If this guy beats Cory and is then ranked 2nd, you better be calling him a duck as well if guys around the 15th mark or not even ranked call him out and he refuses to fight them so he can have a title shot or something.

1715040635634.png1715040772218.png1715040727204.png

Lol.

You understand that when he fought Maness that Umar wasn't ranked, right? Either was Maness, but beating him somehow meant that when Umar fought Barcelos, Umar was suddenly ranked 11th.

Then he beats Barcelos, another unranked fighter who was 1-2 in his last 3, with the win being against a 14-11 fighter. That somehow made him 9th.

And he did call out the top fighters. He was coming off a win over unranked Barcelos and calling out the guy who had just beaten Yan and fighting for the belt next. Suga was a duck for suddenly not fighting the guy who was 11th with no ranked wins? The tweets with dates are below. I mean, he's saying in one of them that Suga is afraid of him back in Dec 23 lol. Umar's best win at the time was Maness and Suga had just beaten Yan hahah.

If this guy beats Cory and is then ranked 2nd, you better be calling him a duck as well if guys around the 15th mark or not even ranked call him out and he refuses to fight them so he can have a title shot or something.

View attachment 1042692View attachment 1042694View attachment 1042693
I literally said he called EVERYONE in the top 15 out, which is what he should’ve been doing. I also said nobody wanted to fight him, which has been confirmed by everyone. So what exactly is the problem? If nobody wants to fight Umar then the UFC should give he whoever then can then fast track him in the rankings. That’s why rank squatters should be dealt with. Bravo to the UFC for giving Umar progressively higher rankings for fighting bums, those bums had the guts to fight him unlike the ranked BWs lol.

I literally said he called EVERYONE in the top 15 out, which is what he should’ve been doing. I also said nobody wanted to fight him, which has been confirmed by everyone. So what exactly is the problem? If nobody wants to fight Umar then the UFC should give he whoever then can then fast track him in the rankings. That’s why rank squatters should be dealt with. Bravo to the UFC for giving Umar progressively higher rankings for fighting bums, those bums had the guts to fight him unlike the ranked BWs lol.

The point is calling out the 8th guy and upwards is lame when you haven't fought anyone even in the top 10-15.

And you don't know that guys like Mario and Martinez have refused to fight him. That's just Umar talking, like he always does on twitter.

The point is calling out the 8th guy and upwards is lame when you haven't fought anyone even in the top 10-15.

And you don't know that guys like Mario and Martinez have refused to fight him. That's just Umar talking, like he always does on twitter.
Dude, I told you like 3 times Dana admitted it himself, he said and I quote “we can’t get this kid a fight”. Umar said it as well, as has his manager and Khabib. I think you’re being deliberately dishonest at this point.

Khabib:

Makhachev:
Screenshot-20231023-190059.png

Screenshot-20231023-190007.png

Chimaev:

Mokaev:

What was Khabib's weight here since you know he missed it?

It's the usual 3 card monty they play with the Dagi fighters.

"Islam hasn't defended against a top 5 LW"........"Why is Islam fighting Dustin (ranked #4)?!!!"

LOL

Clowns man Clowns. HAHAHA

They fear Dagestani/Chechen fighters.

Easy win for Umar. He won't have to make weight and no matter what happens if it goes to decision he's winning it.

I'm interested in this fight. I don't think Umar is going to be outmatched and I'm glad to see him get tested. For sure though if his name wasn't Nurmagomedov and he wasn't a part of Khabib's team he would not be getting this opportunity.

Dude, I told you like 3 times Dana admitted it himself, he said and I quote “we can’t get this kid a fight”. Umar said it as well, as has his manager and Khabib. I think you’re being deliberately dishonest at this point.

I love how citing Dana White saying "we can't get a kid a fight" as proof of anything, as if Dana White isn't a promoter and doesn't say these things for many fighters lol.

Which fighters are ducking him?

Considering he's fighting someone who should be the #1 contender, I'd say that he has hardly been a victim of severe ducking.

It's easier to go on a streak when you're fighting lower level guys. Umar's last opponent was a regional guy with a fake record.

I don't like rank squatting at all. You can't say the second half of the roster can't beat Umar when he's not even facing them. Anyone can say that sort of nonsense and it means nothing. Otherwise, why not just give him the belt? Surely Suga and everyone else stands no chance.
So if the guy is beating lower level opponents, what is the next step if not fighting upper level opponents?
You are scared of him fighting Omaley or Sandhagen, it means the fight make sense

So if the guy is beating lower level opponents, what is the next step if not fighting upper level opponents?
You are scared of him fighting Omaley or Sandhagen, it means the fight make sense

Why would I be scared of him fighting Suga or Cory? lol. I'd happily watch those matchups. I'd just rather watch him fight a few top 15s first, that's all.

Mario is on a streak as well and against better opponents. Does him vs Suga or Cory make sense right now?

Well, shit, if Dana and Ali said it then it must be true. No way either of those two would lie or try and talk up a fighter. It's not like they're in the business of promoting fighters.

Would you not put Mario and Kyler ahead of Umar?
Yeah those are good ones! Thanks for mentioning them.
Song, Munoz and Simon are higher-quality wins than any Umar has at the moment. I'd agree with that!
I guess maybe because Umar has more total wins than either of them, and no losses, it's easy to get intoxicated by that undefeated, 17-0 record...
Rankings will never be perfect. I guess that's why we debate them nonstop. <lol>

I don’t know why people are so upset about this, the current BW champ got a title eliminator by nearly raking his opponents eye out in a fight he was losing. Maybe Umar should look to beat up that Moutinho kid who’s nothing more than a punching bag.

There is no hype for Sandhagen, plus his last fight was boring wasn’t so exciting.

you have to look at the champion at Bantmaneeight at the moment, they aren’t going to match O’Malley with a someone who just had a boring forgettable bout, that is why Vera got the shot before Sandhagen plus given Vera & O’Malleys history it was a easy bout to book.

If Sandhagen wants a shot at the title he needs to not be boring and try something for people yo want him to get a shot.

Holloway, at UFC 300 with a great performance just surpassed everyone aside from Arman at LW. Just one GREAT MEMORABLE PERFOMANCE

The UFC is all performances based, it’s obvious.

Fighters like Sandhagen are doing themselves a disservice by just winning without leaving something memorable or a great performance. He needs to leave a stamp against Umar that leaves no one to doubt he’s next after Merab.

I’m not going to fighter bash, but most fighters nowadays are just being *, They believe just winning will get them the recognition, Sandhagen needs to do something to stand out from the other cookie cutter fighters. Otherwise Jose Aldo will probably get a shot before him at this poi)t

"If Sandhagen wants the shot, he needs to not tear his tricep yet still dominate his opponent across the entire bout"

"Fighters like Sandhagen are really doing themselves a disservice by getting during a fight"

FTFY. You're acting like Cory lay-n-prayed Rob Font on a whim.

Love this fight. Can't wait to see it. Umar will shut up a lot of doubters.

I fully expect Umar to win this, the guy I see him struggling with is Merab.

I think as much as Cory is preparing for this fight specifically, he'll just get dryhumped.

I think this is the toughest battle anyone from Khabib's camp has ever faced.

I love Umar and believe he's got immense potential but the one thing that needs more polishing is his striking defense. And Cory happens to be one of the best strikers in the sport.

Back