Cortney Casey exonerated by UFC/USADA

Fuck Texas, the UFC should not have any events in Texas for some period. They really screwed her.

no, usada only flag a fighter after a positive test and an initial hearing.

Under usada

athlete tests positive - so theres an actual positive test
preliminary hearing (by phone) to decide on provisional suspension
then provisionally suspended
then has chance to put forward case

under texas

had a high t/e ratio WHICH ISNT EVEN A FUCKING VIOLATION
banned her without a hearing

there was no positive test, there was no violation, there was nothing she did wrong at all. there was also no hearing. She was just banned for three months.

Why doesn't USADA wait until everything is done before they publish it? For example, Cyborg was recently flagged, got a lot of bad publicity and then they cleared her. Absolutely stupid.

So what happens to her win, does she get it overturn back into a w and does she get her win money?

Why doesn't USADA wait until everything is done before they publish it? For example, Cyborg was recently flagged, got a lot of bad publicity and then they cleared her. Absolutely stupid.

because cyborg tested positive and didnt declare the medication. so it was released after the positive test.

had cyborg done what she was meant to and on the testing form where it says "LIST ALL MEDICATION TAKEN IN THE LAST SEVEN DAYS", then her case may very well not have been publicly anouncend.

Great example is Gian Villante a few months later, He was issued a rtue like cyborg, ut because he actually listed the medication as he was meant to, it was not made public until after the rtue was issued.

it was purely cyborgs fault her positive was announced as it was.

So what happens to her win, does she get it overturn back into a w and does she get her win money?

well ufc consider her cleared, so i guess they are still paying her win bonus...

but for now, officially,as far as texas and abc go shes has a nc

I wrote at the time that the suspension was bullshit...

https://t.co/FBmBNwBWoQ?amp=1

But Some Sherbro's like to continue to say she was busted for testosterone or whatever...

Now officially exonerated by the UFC and USADA following IRMS testing

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

But still suspended by Texas

"“I believe it’s sickening how Cortney has been treated by the Texas commission throughout this,” Novitzky said. “From my experience, the worst thing you can do in anti-doping is a public announcement of a false positive test and that’s what Texas did to her.”"

Thank you for posting this. I, for one always believed that something was off with Texas, their testing, and the overturned decision in Casey's fight, and I am really glad that there was some small justice in the end. It still sucks for Casey that her W over JAG will remain overturned <{cruzshake}>

What a douche. Acting like he wasn't one of the people calling Casey guilty as charged from the start, then starts about Cyborg again, and either clearly can't tell the difference between Casey's situation and Cyborg's, or chooses to ignore it.

I'm really happy for her. That was a very impressive win and she's such a game fighter and cool person. Hopefully she gets her W back.

Also, on behalf of my fucked up state, sorry.

Cortney Casey's husband posted this in the comment section of C S H Combat Sports's latest video on Casey (quoted above):

Edward Sanchez14 minutes ago
The Texas commission's actions show a gross indifference to the foreseeable harm that their uneducated behavior would eventually cause to an innocent athlete. In a sport where a doping accusation can ruin a career, which you should know & appreciate; being such a big Cyborg fan (as we are as well) the regulating body in charge either knew or ought to have known that disregarding proper testing protocols & not verifying the accuracy of their tests prior to issuing official governmental statements about a fighter's doping status would eventually lead to them falsely accusing an innocent athlete of doping. The Texas commission caused harm to Cortney's reputation, integrity & as a consequence, to her potential future earnings. Most of Cortney's UFC matches have come short notice, she takes pride in being fight ready & always ready for "USADA in competition testing" The TDLR total inaction & refusal to rectify a harm that they alone are responsible for inflicting only further demonstrates their negligence. But to rectify your improper delivery of the news we ask you to take down your prior videos and issue a proper retraction or legal actions will be taken. All of CSH combat sports statements could have been avoided with proper investigation and education on a sport that you claim to respect & protect.
Edward Sanchez (Proud Husband/Coach)

~
Bold letters and underlining above by me.

Last edited:
Cortney Casey's husband posted this in the comment section of C S H Combat Sports's latest video on Casey (quoted above):

The Texas commission's actions show a gross indifference to the foreseeable harm that their uneducated behavior would eventually cause to an innocent athlete. In a sport where a doping accusation can ruin a career, which you should know & appreciate; being such a big Cyborg fan (as we are as well) the regulating body in charge either knew or ought to have known that disregarding proper testing protocols & not verifying the accuracy of their tests prior to issuing official governmental statements about a fighter's doping status would eventually lead to them falsely accusing an innocent athlete of doping. The Texas commission caused harm to Cortney's reputation, integrity & as a consequence, to her potential future earnings. Most of Cortney's UFC matches have come short notice, she takes pride in being fight ready & always ready for "USADA in competition testing" The TDLR total inaction & refusal to rectify a harm that they alone are responsible for inflicting only further demonstrates their negligence. But to rectify your improper delivery of the news we ask you to take down your prior videos and issue a proper retraction or legal actions will be taken. All of CSH combat sports statements could have been avoided with proper investigation and education on a sport that you claim to respect & protect.

~

#WarEdward

7-4

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170624-134432.png
    Screenshot_20170624-134432.png
    188 KB · Views: 7

~

Awesome. Especially considering he made not just one video trashing her, but another attacking anyone who defended her while ignoring the cold hard facts.

The Texas commission's actions show a gross indifference to the foreseeable harm that their uneducated behavior would eventually cause to an innocent athlete. In a sport where a doping accusation can ruin a career, which you should know & appreciate; being such a big Cyborg fan (as we are as well) the regulating body in charge either knew or ought to have known that disregarding proper testing protocols & not verifying the accuracy of their tests prior to issuing official governmental statements about a fighter's doping status would eventually lead to them falsely accusing an innocent athlete of doping. The Texas commission caused harm to Cortney's reputation, integrity & as a consequence, to her potential future earnings. Most of Cortney's UFC matches have come short notice, she takes pride in being fight ready & always ready for "USADA in competition testing" The TDLR total inaction & refusal to rectify a harm that they alone are responsible for inflicting only further demonstrates their negligence.......

Cyborg getting props.

@dimspace - Am I understanding correctly that a wonky T:E ratio is no longer grounds for a positive test, at least under USADA? Or is there a certain higher number that would still be flagged, like 14:1 or whatever?

It seems like the T:E ratio used to be the number one thing whenever someone popped going back a few years - Chael, Overeem, etc. I remember hearing the number long before any discussion of a specific substance.

But the individual states can still do whatever the hell they want regardless of whether something is a USADA violation? That can't be good. To quote George Carlin: The states can pave fucking roads.

Well you know what the TDLR has to say about all of this, right?

TL/DR

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back