Cordeiro says they are looking to take Conor to the later rounds

Bullshit. If the opportunity presents itself RDA will finish asap. So how you can look to take someone to later rounds. It doesn't depend on you. And if you don't try to finish early if you are presented such opportunity, it's a dumb thing to do.

Ufff... Some normal Connor thread.

More interesting is that Connor didnt fought with some very decorated striker for longer than 1 round. ( Aldo KO just didnt show much, Holloway not super striker in my opinion, Mendes typical power puncher, ). I'm still very interested in an Edgar vs Connor match up. I think it could be very good fight. Edgar is real boss. I don't know why people dont love him so much :p

RDA can win fight in any place he wants - sub, tko, ko, unanimous dec. It wouldnt be very weird.

Do i think its easy fight for RDA? Of course not, Connor is on biggest hype train in MMA history, and he backed it up. I wouldnt be suprised even if Conor wins it via decision, cuz why not? Evrything is possible and in this fight we got more questions than answers.

I thought Mirko will be not able to win vs Gonzaga ( The Man Bear Pig ) in their rematch... I was watching it live in my home country... I almost cried from happiness... :) It will be very interesting.

McGregors chances : flash KO

RDA chances : KO, sub, TKO, decision, 5 round career ending beatdown

Hmmm

Your an idiot I'd you think RDA is a far superior striker to Conor, he might be, but to insinuate that from what we've seen is just pure stupidity

How do you know the longer it goes the worse it is? It is completely unknown how conor goes in the later rounds. At lightweight his gas tank could be great, which wouldnt surprise me because of how dedicated and professional he is

I feel that RDA has already proven that he can go five rounds easily without slowing down significantly. His gas tank in the Pettis fight was absolutely ridiculous, especially considering the output from his striking and wrestling he did every round. It was amazing. I'm sure Conor has good cardio but it's most likely not on the level of RDA. If Wrestling become a big factor in this fight I see Conor slowing down around the end of the 2nd round. Not because he has bad cardio, but because that's what happens to pretty much everyone even with good cardio if they are defensive wrestling for large amounts of time.

Another reason is the longer the fight goes, the more chances RDA has of taking the fight to the ground. I'm not going to say that Conor gets subbed the first time it hits the mat but I do believe that taking him down will change the fight significantly in terms of opening up the standup more for RDA and tiring Conor out. The more tired Conor gets the more easier the takedowns become and eventually he will get subbed. Conor really has nothing on his back he got crucifixed by Mendes. What we have seen in the past is that Conor was able to use his size advantage against guys like Siver, Mendes, ect to stuff takedowns and power his way up from being taken down. He's going up against a guy who's going to be the same size, if not heavier on fight night. If he goes down in a round he's not getting up until the bell. RDA's top control is just too good, especially for someone like Conor who obviously isn't a wizard on the mat. That's not a dis on Conor that's just being truthful about the evidence we've seen from him so far. Defensively on the mat he looks lost. I don't believe that since the Mendes fight he's going to all of the sudden become a Gracie do to him practicing it for this fight.

It's honestly incredible that people use the fact that Conor knocks people out in the first two rounds as a sleight against him.

19 wins.

17 T/KOs

13 in the first round (7 of which were at lightweight)

4 in the second.

That is truly incredible, I can't actually think of anyone else in MMA with a record remotely like that?

Conor by TKO is where my money will be going.

Well considering Conor finishes his opponents very very early in fights yeah I hope that's RDA's plan.

That's his only chance tbh.

Came here to say the same. Obvious gameplan is obvious. It's like Cav saying their plan is to KO RDA...

Hmmm

If this happens, I will frame a picture of RDA and put it right next to Jesus and ohJesusoh<---aka Bill Clinton.

Your an idiot I'd you think RDA is a far superior striker to Conor, he might be, but to insinuate that from what we've seen is just pure stupidity
What? Dude is just saying RDA has more ways to win. You're the one coming off like an idiot

Connor by 2nd rd submission.

I kid, I kid. RDA by wanton disregard for MacGregor's life.

I hope it will be longer than 13 seconds this time.

yeah conor is FAAAR more skilled.
Thats pretty dumb to say. All fighter are skilled Their own way. Conor is a better counter puncher than Rumble and has better movement but Rumble makes up for that with equal ability to cut off the cage, more effective kicks and far better defensive wrestting.

all mcgregor has to do is catch rda with some type of kick or a clean counter left and it could very well be all over.

We don't know whether conor has devastating punching power, we do know that conor is very good at timing and accuracy and just that alone can immitate power and show the same results, tko/ko.

none of the other previous opponents that i recall have ever come out and said conor hits hard or that he's one of the hardest hitters they've faced, ect. its his timing and accuracy, and if he does the same thing to rda that he did to aldo then it wouldn't surprise me if he wins an early finish again.

rda has to either catch him first and win by ko, or wobble conor enough to throw him to the ground and beat the piss out of him for a finish by gnp or possibly sub. it won't take long for conor to get his range/timing precise to catch rda so standing for long periods of time with him could cost rda the fight.

Are you being serious?
You don't know if Conor has punching power?

Conor's MAIN weapon is the powerful left straight he spams In fights.
Mendes dropped by left straight. Diego dropped by left straight.
Siver quit from left straights.
Holloway was getting bombed by left straights.

That left straight has fucked up so many people. I understand the only Conor fight you have seen or remember is the aldo fight where Conor caught aldo with a counter left after aldo dodged the dreaded left straight
. Conor has fought a lot before that and the left straight has been his signature punch that not a lot of guys can take.

Hmmm
BLOG-Mrs-Lot-Salt-Shaker.jpg

Thats pretty dumb to say. All fighter are skilled Their own way. Conor is a better counter puncher than Rumble and has better movement but Rumble makes up for that with equal ability to cut off the cage, more effective kicks and far better defensive wrestting.

Conor has better finish rate, much much muuuuch better movement, much better diversity in his stand-up and better stand-up in general. He also has better juijitsu, while rumble has better wrestling. They have the same threat of KO in their own devisions.

Conor is the featherweight champion and challenging for the 155 belt, rumble isnt even fighting for the title.

So no.. its not stupid to say ;)

I would also say Luke Rockhold is a better fighter than Yoel Romero, for example.

Back