Coolest guys competing for a title ever?

Ortega or Holloway

• Total voters
Interesting. I've kind of always thought of Max Holloway as the least cool person to have ever stepped foot in the octagon.

He's corny and unfunny and uninteresting.

Ortega seems quite a bit cooler, however, he's not exactly mr. Personality.

How can you not love Max though
He's a rough kid from a bad place (much like Ortega) that turned his life into gold and has still kept his humbleness and personality
Fame and money didn't turn him into a cunt (Conor) he's still reaching out to people he doesn't need to like Frankie and Aldo because he's a class act
The way he thanked Aldo for fighting him was one of the classiest things I've ever seen

I like Max for the win, but coolest is definitely DC & Stipe. Ortega reminds me of a redondo breakwall local, Max is westside for sure. Hell, Max probably has some women neighbors who could give Ortega a rough fight.

It's a tough one for me, I know I'll cheer louder of Brian wins, but I'll still be happy for Max if he wins. I won't even consider putting money on this fight.

Yep my thought exactly
I get real nasty when I got money on a guy...
To be honest I like Kelvin and Weidman equally as I met them both in Vegas.. but when they fought..
I had dough on chris.. there were a lot of fat Mexican slurs flying around my living room that night

Can't do that to these two guys

So whos the better surfer Cali Brian or Hawaiian Max?

Im gonna go with Tcity (Black Belt Surfer)

Brah, Max get Makaha. I won't name the other breaks, and believe me, you wouldn't want to show up anyway. That said, Max has by far the better surf.

How can you not love Max though
He's a rough kid from a bad place (much like Ortega) that turned his life into gold and has still kept his humbleness and personality
Fame and money didn't turn him into a cunt (Conor) he's still reaching out to people he doesn't need to like Frankie and Aldo because he's a class act
The way he thanked Aldo for fighting him was one of the classiest things I've ever seen
Also, the way he undoubtedly made a fan out of that kid heckling him at the open workout. That gives some insight into his nature, he seems happy and positive. He isn’t particularly charismatic with spoken word, but he has a goofy charm that makes him very likeable. And he seems to be a class act. The “where’s Aldo” stuff was silly, but he’s young and I’m sure he was being pressured into making some noise if he wanted his big shot. I find him to be a respectable champion.

Yep my thought exactly
I get real nasty when I got money on a guy...
To be honest I like Kelvin and Weidman equally as I met them both in Vegas.. but when they fought..
I had dough on chris.. there were a lot of fat Mexican slurs flying around my living room that night

Can't do that to these two guys
I had money on a three fight parlay including Ortega to get the KO over Frankie, so when he got it I was chuffed but I couldn't get too happy about Frankie getting KO'd. Couldn't have been a nicer guy to do it though

I like both, may the best man win (i think i'll be rooting for ortega)

Brah, of course Max has the better surf, Im saying who surfs better. Cause this will determine how fight goes brah.

This is one of those rare title fights where 2 big talents fight eachother.
And anything can happen. Usually I can tell who has the biggest chance to win..
But this one will be interesting

They are both very likeable and incredible to watch.

I'm rooting for Holloway, though.
The way he views MMA, and wanting to cement his legacy by fighting the toughest dudes and defend frequently and his determination to become the GOAT made me a huge fan of this guy.

Also, the way he undoubtedly made a fan out of that kid heckling him at the open workout. He isn’t particularly charismatic with spoken word, but he has a goofy charm that makes him very likeable. And he seems to be a class act. The “where’s Aldo” stuff was silly, but he’s young and I’m sure he was being pressured into making some noise if he wanted his big shot. I find him to be a respectable champion.

Yeah I agree it was cheesy but you gotta
Do what you gotta do
They are both very likeable and incredible to watch.

I'm rooting for Holloway, though.
The way he views MMA, and wanting to cement his legacy by fighting the toughest dudes and defend frequently and his determination to become the GOAT made me a huge fan of this guy.

But on the other hand you got Ortega who is principally fighting to help others

Who else knocks out Frankie Edgar then doesn't call out for a money fight instead goes on a tangent about helping the world

Gonna be a rough night

Ortega could definitely add some muscle mass.

This fight is like Cowboy vs. Lawler all over again. Two cool dudes who are very exciting fighters and always put on a show. Wouldn't be upset to see either guy win though I have been following Ortega since he came to the UFC.

Back