Cooking With @Buff - Steak, Fresh Pasta, Soup, Tacos, and more...

Who Do You Cook With?

• Volk

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Buff

Votes: 22 91.7%

• Total voters
So we got a rocker @Dirty Frank

A newly MMA fighter @MrPsychoticKane

And now we have a chef! @Buff

SmFkMns.gif
<Selugi>

@Buff be out here making me hunggggrryyyy

do that stuff on youtube so you can get paid/sponsors

you might even get offers now, but it's trash compared to YT.
I have a few shorts on youtube... Tbh some.of the cuts work out better shorter, but I get like 8 views per video... Its disheartening! Hahaha!

This is hilarious... Tito and his bleeding fingers <lol>

Was kind of hoping they'd let me go a day or two in there, but it was a longshot! Lmao!

I'll update this.one now and then though.
Loving the videos, Buff. Few people mentioned the just learning the rolling peppers thing, but I didn't know you never cut basil, so I found something I gotta start changing up too.

I have a few shorts on youtube... Tbh some.of the cuts work out better shorter, but I get like 8 views per video... Its disheartening! Hahaha!

youtube is all about longer HORIZONTAL videos, short vides DO get a lot of views, but that doesnt mean jack

youtube has three top metrics on your dashboard, one is views, which are a shame, but if you long duration watch times..... then there's enough time for the audience to get to know you, there's enough time for ad placement, there's enough time for your audience to enjoy. Dont chase views, they will come naturally, youtube algo is about getting people to watch for a LONG TIME, so they become hooked on you like crack.

IG famous like 100K subs, nobody cares. YT famous with the same 100K subs........ you're a mini celeb

make longer, deep, meaningful vids, and people will love it more, why do you think podcasts are so popular?

slow the f down with your cuts FFS, dont appeal to kids, they have no money, make videos for people 30+, they dont care for all the flashy cuts. It seems like you have all the gear already, minus a wireless lav. Get something inexpensive like the rode wireless go ii, price should be lower now since the pro version is the latest model, or dji alternative. You have lighting and camera work is good enough. YT works like a train, once you get the ball rolling, it becomes unstoppable....... right now, your train is parked.

subs are like 10x the value compared to IG subs, and it's not that hard to grow, it's not a shit platform filled with bots

youtube is all about longer HORIZONTAL videos, short vides DO get a lot of views, but that doesnt mean jack

youtube has three top metrics on your dashboard, one is views, which are a shame, but if you long duration watch times..... then there's enough time for the audience to get to know you, there's enough time for ad placement, there's enough time for your audience to enjoy. Dont chase views, they will come naturally, youtube algo is about getting people to watch for a LONG TIME, so they become hooked on you like crack.

IG famous like 100K subs, nobody cares. YT famous with the same 100K subs........ you're a mini celeb

make longer, deep, meaningful vids, and people will love it more, why do you think podcasts are so popular?

slow the f down with your cuts FFS, dont appeal to kids, they have no money, make videos for people 30+, they dont care for all the flashy cuts. It seems like you have all the gear already, minus a wireless lav. Get something inexpensive like the rode wireless go ii, price should be lower now since the pro version is the latest model, or dji alternative. You have lighting and camera work is good enough. YT works like a train, once you get the ball rolling, it becomes unstoppable....... right now, your train is parked.

subs are like 10x the value compared to IG subs, and it's not that hard to grow, it's not a shit platform filled with bots
This is really solid advice... I end up cutting out most of the parts where I'm talking or being technical because I'm just to condense the basics into a minute long video...

Really the plan is to get more promotional chef work via showcasing recipes, but I do like the idea of doing longer clips - I teach cooking classes so I'm pretty used to longer demos, and am struggling to keep it brief... Kind of wish I'd kept the footage from the prevuous videos I made now, but there's plenty more to come... I might re-edt the steak video too.

I'm using my phone and one of guise round light things at the moment... Editing is something I've literally just started a couple of months ago, (phone again), and I'm using the most basic of apps, so sound could be a way away... But I'm getting there... It takes me about a day to edit currently - the cooking is the easy part to be honest... Feels like all those shoops I did were like primary school, and now I'm in the real world all of a sudden fucking around with the dreaded tiktok, and stealing short cut ideas from people... I like the idea of being more organic - how long is too long? I'm thinking 5 mins or so...

Thanks again anyway - this is suoer helpful.

Damn Buff, Iā€™m going to nominate this Thread of a Lifetime, or Once in a Lifetime Thread. If I had McGregor money Iā€™d hire you to be my personal chef. My hats off to you, Iā€™m impressed.
<RomeroSalute>
Thanks brother mang!

I'd gladly accept McGrooger money to cook for any of my OG sherbros.

As for ketchup... I love that shit, but only with certain things - steak and eggs, for example... It's only really acceptable in Chinese food as an actual ingredient - most places sweet and sour sauce is ketchup, garlic, and soy because you don't need to add more sugar, vinegar or coloring after..... But its completely forbidden in Italian food - wrecks everything you put it into without exception.

Sherseer here once again. Were you an asshole on the job?

People don't really know you but I can see you make decent food but are mostly acting for a camera.

What are you like IRL? I feel you are someone at this point just wants companionship and have some fun. I know you were a fucking asshole though admit it.

Edit: please take this light hearted. I've had several shit bosses but you must answer truly.

Last edited:
This is really solid advice... I end up cutting out most of the parts where I'm talking or being technical because I'm just to condense the basics into a minute long video...

Really the plan is to get more promotional chef work via showcasing recipes, but I do like the idea of doing longer clips - I teach cooking classes so I'm pretty used to longer demos, and am struggling to keep it brief... Kind of wish I'd kept the footage from the prevuous videos I made now, but there's plenty more to come... I might re-edt the steak video too.

I'm using my phone and one of guise round light things at the moment... Editing is something I've literally just started a couple of months ago, (phone again), and I'm using the most basic of apps, so sound could be a way away... But I'm getting there... It takes me about a day to edit currently - the cooking is the easy part to be honest... Feels like all those shoops I did were like primary school, and now I'm in the real world all of a sudden fucking around with the dreaded tiktok, and stealing short cut ideas from people... I like the idea of being more organic - how long is too long? I'm thinking 5 mins or so...

Thanks again anyway - this is suoer helpful.
five minutes is the minimum you should have.

brief intro about who you are and why it's relavent, think about prep work, add commentary, ingredients and why you add what you add, the cooking process, add commentary, tasting/eating, your reaction.

you can simply film yourself doing all this stuff, change angles every minute (30 degree rotation), voice over (this way you're not fumbling on words and you can work towards talking to the cam), and be done. Use lumafusion to edit on your phone, it's good enough, pro level editing software, dirt cheap in the grand scale of things. Thumbnail is a closeup of the final product and a stupid face reaction in the background.

later as you do better, get b-roll of close up prep, cooking, ingredients, fire, sizzle, etc.

one of my hobbies is being a content creator, have like 30K on IG (which means nothing), and multiple monetized TY channels, one lead to a 100K/yr side hustle. I know a lot of YT creators that have boosted small side gigs into fully blown out full time careers/businesses. You dont need any additional gear if you are going to voiceover, otherwise, a nice mic would probably the biggest expense you have for now. P.S. skip all the music, they'll eat all of your profits, and unnecessary distraction. Be yourself.

Back