Controversy aside, Canelo showed world class head movement and defence

It was a thing of beauty.

He looked amazing. Made GGG miss allot. and landed clean counters all night. GGG is still a monster but I feel Canelo held up to the pressure, But GGG also showed a great chin. We were going to see a rematch either way i think. Canelo impressed me with his footwork and speed. Right up there in consideration with fight of the year. These men brought it.

nintchdbpict000353611767-e1505620603985.jpg

Canelo showed nothing other than fear of fighting men his own size.

I was surprised. He made Triple G look slow at times. GGG was the better boxer though.

True, but if you can't score more than the other guy or constantly give up real estate....

Mayweather slips all day but fires enough shots to win.
I know. It's was just strange to say "what's the point of slipping punches" if you don't fire back

I would like to see him throw the jab more often. I think the highlight of the fight was that 4-5 punch combination that landed in the late rounds.

Canelo showed nothing other than fear of fighting men his own size.

I'm not a GGG hater, im actually a fan as well. Gennady got lumped up worse than any time in his career. He made it a great fight though. Saul looked amazing. He went to the body, but i feel like he should have been there even more. Why so much hate?

848155508.0.jpg

Amazing how well Canelo 'when he wanted to' could neutralize GGG's attack. Slipped and countered like a master. He has got to work on that cardio over 12 rounds though man, he can really take his game higher if he can manage that. My man Genady was a little tight and slower than I hoped for last night. I hope this isn't a trend.

I am a HUGE fan of both guys. Awesome fight. (one seriously criminal judge. She didn't suck, she knew better, she is corrupt)

I was surprised. He made Triple G look slow at times. GGG was the better boxer though.

GGG better boxer? Did you mean better punches/volume/workrate? I wouldn't call him the better 'boxer'.

Canelo was winning the exchanges when they stood toe to toe and traded. It's more risky than running (yes, running(in the late rounds)) backwards and countering, but I saw great success from C when he did that.

GGG better boxer? Did you mean better punches/volume/workrate? I wouldn't call him the better 'boxer'.
He spent most of the fight pressing the action and out working Canelo. A majority of the fight was spent with Golovkin boxing him up agaisnt the ropes.

Yes, Canelo looked amazing. Even tho he spent most of the fight on the back door, conserving energy, his defense was superb.

GGG couldn't put his pinches together often at all and that's ALL because of what was and wasn't in front of him.

Great gameplay from Alvarez. He'd need to be even better in a rematch.

Canelo impressed me a lot with this fight and it was his defence that impressed me the most. GGG had a lot of problems hitting him and when he did he wasn't having nearly the effect I thought he would have on Canelo. Canelo has a great chin and is excellent at rolling with the shots to take the sting off. Morally I think this was a Canelo victory even though I thought GGG clearly won the fight.

Great match...Canelo looked quite a bit bigger then GGG

He showed incredible hand-speed too, some lightning fast and really powerful counter punches. He was just too inconsistent with his work imo. Takes too much time off in rounds. I still think Jacobs would handle him more easily than GGG can.
true that, I think canelo ducks both of them(too high risk for Canelo), especially since the PPV numbers with GGG will not be all that impressive from Canelos perspective. HE could find a easier opponent that sells more ppv

Wheres all the "Canelo is flat footed!" people at?

We all knew he was a great technical boxer with good tactical skills. What did impress me was how he held up physically against a monster of a MW. Canelo is most definitely a true MW, and a tough one at that.

I'm not a GGG hater, im actually a fan as well. Gennady got lumped up worse than any time in his career. He made it a great fight though. Saul looked amazing. He went to the body, but i feel like he should have been there even more. Why so much hate?

848155508.0.jpg

If that was the punch that landed in the 10th or thereabouts, that was a hell of a right hand too. GGG rolled with it a little bit but it still landed flush, I was amazed that he just took it. Canelo's biggest shots had more of an impact than GGG's biggest shots imo though I think Canelo got hurt a bit too at times, just he was more able to load up and land whereas Golovkin as a slower guy getting countered had to be a lot more conservative with his power and Canelo's slipperyness meant not a lot landed all that big on him.

Back