Consensus of GSP's career/legacy?

You'll win a lot of you bet 1st round Bisping KO.

Not sure why you think the odds are somehow better in JJ/Rose, unless you're (questionably) betting on Rose.
I am betting on Rose. I made money betting on Garbrandt over Cruz when everyone thought he didnt even belong. Cody made a fool of him. Everyone thinks someone is unbeatable until a Holly Holm comes along and headkicks the unbeatable unconscious. A fight is a fight.

Thats your opinion. I like exciting fights. I find his style to be very boring. GSP used to be exciting but he changed after he came back from tapping out to strikes.
My opinion is based on it factually never happening. Yours is simply an opinion with nothing to back your opinion. I don't care if you find him boring. That is literally irrelevant to your original post I replied to.

I am betting on Rose. I made money betting on Garbrandt over Cruz when everyone thought he didnt even belong. Cody made a fool of him. Everyone thinks someone is unbeatable until a Holly Holm comes along and headkicks the unbeatable unconscious. A fight is a fight.
Go for it, then. Odds still aren't better than Bisping rd1 KO, but sure.

If he fights Whittaker (dosent even have to beat him) I will stop holding him ducking the Anderson fight against him. If not, all the jokes about the French not having a fighting spirit and surrendering early will be augmented by his legacy.

GOAT.

See: his record.

Cleaned out the division twice (against legit opponents, unlike Might Mouse... though not his fault).
Yes, it is Mighty Mouse's fault. He had the chance to earn credibility by fighting Dillashaw and he straight up refused.

LOL @ beating Whittaker

if he beats Bisping he will roll back into retirement

If he fights Whittaker (dosent even have to beat him) I will stop holding him ducking the Anderson fight against him. If not, all the jokes about the French not having a fighting spirit and surrendering early will be augmented by his legacy.

If he beats bisping, he has to fdefend against the interim champ it says it on the contract.

Thats your opinion. I like exciting fights. I find his style to be very boring. GSP used to be exciting but he changed after he came back from tapping out to strikes.

Shogun tapped to strikes, do you feel the same way about him?

If he beats bisping, he has to fdefend against the interim champ it says it on the contract.

He doesn't have to do shit. He could give up the belt fight at a different weight, he could straight retire.

His resume speaks for itself the names he's beaten he is top 5 goat no doubt.

Yes, it is Mighty Mouse's fault. He had the chance to earn credibility by fighting Dillashaw and he straight up refused.

Why does Dillashaw give Mouse credibility? Mouse already beat Dodson twice, a guy who KO'd Dillashaw. He also beat Benavidez twice, a guy who took Prime Bantamweight GOAT Cruz to a split decision. Lets face it. There are just some critics who will never be satisfied. Haters gonna hate.

Factually the greatest Welterweight of all time.

Arguably the greatest of all time.

The greatest of all time is merely a person's opinion and there is no factual greatest of all time. Not yet at least.

GSP fought legends and no: 1 contenders for a long time. He's beaten every man he's ever faced. If you don't respect GSP you don't know shit about MMA.

GOAT WW and top five all time fighter, where he falls in the top five is debatable...I think that's the consensus...

St Pierre is legit. 170 GOAT. And clowned most top contenders he has fought. Winning the 185 belt will only further is legacy.

goat_white_tongue.jpg

ugh...revisionist fans are the worst.

to say that GSP just held guys down is such nonsense. many of his allegedly boring decision wins were utterly dominant, and involved him dishing out plenty of damage (ask Kos and Fitch, to name a couple).

do your ignorant selves a favour and try actually watching the fights, instead of flipping through the Fight Finder and talking out of your asses.

GSP is unquestionably the WW GOAT, based on his accomplishments and longevity...and he should probably be in the top 5 on any all-time P4P list, IMHO.

Hands down WW goat, and on paper has easily one of the most impressive resumes ever. I never really bought into the stigma that he was "boring." I enjoyed quite a few of his fights over the years, and it was always impressive how he could dominate and impose his will on some pretty good fighters. I do think the Hendricks robbery is a tad blemish on his resume, for whatever that's worth. I've never really considered myself a dedicated "fan" of GSP, but I do hope his return to the fight game is successful, because it would be good for the sport.

Fought in the hardest division in the UFC at the time, dominated all his wins and redeemed both of his losses with finishes. That said, he always felt more like an athlete than a fighter. Boring and played it extremely safe at his peak.

Basically the Mighty Mouse of his era but with less risks but much higher competition.

Holds the record as most boring fighter to ever fight inside the ufc.

Back