Conor's distance control

Mendes may be laughing but both he and Aldo were crying.

"I can't believe I actually OUTCARDIOED someone"

-Connie Mac

72a91a65a59ca5e92cdac0754c3b2443.jpg

Well I'm back to liking Conor but I'll say his biggest weakness that has yet to be exposed is the way he leaves his lead leg out waiting to counter punch. Eventually someone like Barboza is going to take advantage of it.

His distance control is his only form of TDD but it's worked for him so far

He has probably been practicing his TDD since he beat Eddie. Still, Khabib will be smashing him, if he even mans up and defends.

Semi Cardio Mendes laughs at Connies "distance management"

Mendes-takedown-McGregor-1.gif

MassiveHealthyAntlion.gif

CaringWebbedFurseal.gif
mendes can do this to 99 % of the division, except most of the punches chad landed probably put them out instead of being shrugged off.

no shame in being taken down/laid on by mendes and eating some shots.

both guys were winning where they were supposed to, conor on the feet and mendes on the ground.

mendez could've won that fight so easy if he just stayd calm wiht otp ocontrol and wore him out. he had it and dove for that guillotine like an idiot.

you seem to be forgetting that conor rocked him with elbows from the bottom of his guard.

Well I'm back to liking Conor but I'll say his biggest weakness that has yet to be exposed is the way he leaves his lead leg out waiting to counter punch. Eventually someone like Barboza is going to take advantage of it.

if they go for an outside leg kick against it they'll eat a left/right cross. (depending on his stance obviously) Throwing leg kicks isn't as simple as you make it sound.

He's good at controlling his distance from the cage.

if they go for an outside leg kick against it they'll eat a left/right cross. (depending on his stance obviously) Throwing leg kicks isn't as simple as you make it sound.

Nothing is easy but Conor's stance makes it easier. It's why boxers and karate based fighters have such a hard time against wrestlers. That leg is just out there for the grabbing and they stand upright.

Back