Conor wont land a single shot!!!

J

Julius_Caesar

So many boxing fans were saying "Conor wont land 1 shot" and constantly telling us how badly Floyd will school Conor which annoyed me. Especially Max Kellerman. They were spamming that so much that any success Conor does have would be used by Conors fanboys to try and discredit Floyd and boxing because you create a type of expectation. Now I'm seeing it everywhere.

I knew Conor would land shots whether its a mismatch or not because he did have some major physical advantages over Floyd even if he isn't a boxer. But the main reason Floyd got hit was because he allowed Conor to hit him. He chose to stand in front of him, walk him down and brawl. He could of moved more and got hit a lot less but then they would of said "he was running".

What does that mean?
Its ridiculous that people thought he wouldn't land a single shot. He did better than I expected but I never expected he wouldn't land a single punch.

Conor did considerably better than anyone thought, he showed a fair bit of skill and did better versus Floyd than almost any of his recent opponents. Although Floyd is older and wasn't as sharp as normal. I thought both guys put on a great show and acquitted themselves very well. Big win for combat sports tonight imo.

Conor did considerably better than anyone thought, he showed a fair bit of skill and did better versus Floyd than almost any of his recent opponents. Although Floyd is older and wasn't as sharp as normal. I thought both guys put on a great show and acquitted themselves very well. Big win for combat sports tonight imo.
eh. I think Pac and Maidana did better. He did well though.

He did well and all but come on he took a beating in the end.

To me ,a novice, it looked like Floyd has slowed and Mac is ok. It looked like Floyd took a while to get used to his unco style and then beat the piss out of him.

Also his so called "power" is meh. Floyd "brittle hands" mayweather was throughing the harder punches in that fight.

exactly my reaction.

Big win for combat sports tonight imo.

I don't know about that. I'm worried this sets a bad precedent. Now can anyone with a big name and no business being in the ring can talk himself into a big payday? Imagine if Conor himself now believes he can take on someone like Canelo or Spence and there's a demand for it, and the corrupt organizations make it happen. How would that be okay from an ethical standpoint. If this kind of shit happens more often, there will be more deaths in the sport.

But the main reason Floyd got hit was because he allowed Conor to hit him. He chose to stand in front of him, walk him down and brawl. He could of moved more and got hit a lot less but then they would of said "he was running".
I thought so too, he fought a different strategy to please fans and go out with a big bang. He lost a step though, with his punch timing...

I don't know about that. I'm worried this sets a bad precedent. Now can anyone with a big name and no business being in the ring can talk himself into a big payday? Imagine if Conor himself now believes he can take on someone like Canelo or Spence and there's a demand for it, and the corrupt organizations make it happen. How would that be okay from an ethical standpoint. If this kind of shit happens more often, there will be more deaths in the sport.

This was a one off between two huge stars in different combat sports, don't see anything like this becoming a trend. It was about the money they could generate and there simply aren't enough stars in either sport to make it a regular thing.

Conor did land some good body shots throughout but his inside game lost this for him like we had talked about before the fight. Conor is excellent at range because he has tremendous timing but when guys pressure him and get on the inside he really struggles.

the over under on # of punches landed by mcgregor was 31. I told everyone that that was an absurd line.

This was like watching a mongoose take out its prey, the cobra, on National Geographic.

Going in to the fight McGregors only was a KO. We now know that he isnt a power puncher and didnt even have a punchers chance.

Him landing those arms punches mean nothing really, Floyd was actively standing in front of him, he never does that with live opponents.

Please. A 40 year old Floyd chose to go toe to toe with a guy who he knew was no threat. He threw like 5 punches in the first four rounds. He carried Connor to make people feel like they weren't totally conned (they were).

Maidana did better, Pacman didn't do shit

Pac landed a lot more solid shots than Conor did, and he never looked hurt or tired.

AND he did it against a floyd that looked ten times better than he looked last night.

Pac landed a lot more solid shots than Conor did, and he never looked hurt or tired.

AND he did it against a floyd that looked ten times better than he looked last night.

Pac tried to win. Connor said after the fight that his entire game plan was to go 12 rounds.

Doesn't matter though. Floyd just walked away with hundreds of millions of dollars and Pac just lost to a Kangeroo Kindergarten teacher on local tv.

Back