Conor vs Chandler gate already largest in UFC history

markg171

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
The organization is poised to do its first live gate in excess of $20 million for the June 29 event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, which is headlined by the highly anticipated return of Conor McGregor, who meets Michael Chandler in a welterweight bout.

After the expensive ticket prices for the card recently were revealed and seats went on sale, there was speculation UFC 303 would surpass the current all-time UFC live gate record of $17.7 million at UFC 205 in November 2016 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

It’s no coincidence that event was headlined by McGregor, as well, who captured the lightweight belt from Eddie Alvarez by second-round knockout. Now “The Notorious” is set for his return to action following a nearly three-year layoff, and UFC CEO Dana White confirmed on Saturday that the numbers are already astronomical.

“It’s already way over $20 million,” White told reporters at the UFC on ESPN 56 post-fight news conference in St. Louis.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/co...M9t-TOxnYhFroy57-Wr-vPEI7exRxpcYPptdxWpuTa0oa

TS is and always be a Conor nuthugger, who gives a shit about the gate, not there to watch people, I’m a fight fan I’m there to watch fights. Money doesn’t go in your pocket so why care so much? Also lol @ still being yellow carded, forever and always.

lol the fighters won’t even get 25% of the the Gate. Then they keep all the PPV buys besides giving Conor a few mil

Every few PPVs the UFC announces the largest gate in history because they keep jacking up the prices and people keep paying for it. The fighters don't get a penny of that money, which would cover fighter pay and event cost combined.

lol the fighters won’t even get 25% of the the Gate. Then they keep all the PPV buys besides giving Conor a few mil
Every few PPVs the UFC announces the largest gate in history because they keep jacking up the prices and people keep paying for it. The fighters don't get a penny of that money, which would cover fighter pay and event cost combined.
lol PR poster makes a thread to spread propaganda for the UFC then posters on the first page pop the balloon with facts right away

Love it

He also said that powerslap is bigger than the NFL. Stop believing this clown
Did you hear him when he said the Saudis made the deal because they wanted PowerSlap? I bet he made it a condition that they take Power Slap if they want a UFC event there

Last edited:
Honestly, gate sales means nothing. I'd rather have the broke ass fight fans that worship the Just Bleed God's so that the crowd has insane energy all night.

Corporate stiffs that don't cheer are useless.

Ting lit fam I knew my guy Chandler could do it he'll prolly make at least 150 bandz for dis one good fi him fam what's that like 50k/yr if u count di hype up ting ain't a bad gig at all unless u in Cali burger engineers be gettin' dat 💰🍔

#BurgerBucks #BattleOfTheBandz #SuckazIdolizingMcGregorPaydays

The UFC is in the profit maximizing business. For as long as they can jack up the rates and people keep buying, they will continue to do so.

Kinda hard to believe since no one’s certain if this fight will actually ever happen

with all the money chandler makes, he can adopt and feed a few more black babies. everyone wins.
Iono fam bro been outta work for like 2 years had to start promoting Power Slap ain't nothin wrong widdat on di surface but bro clearly ain't a slap head I think he hurtin' hopefully 2024 a better Christmas for dem kidz 🙏☝️

Meh....

I suppose I'm interested to see if McGregor can still fight

One of two things will happen if he wins/loses.

WIN

1. Conor enters the Octagon with a strange bulge in his crotch. His corner distracts the ref, Conor puts on a pair of brass knucks, the cameras make sure to use bad angles to hide it, Conor lays Mike out, and celebrates his first win in years.

2. Conor manages to get on top of Chandler in a scramble and proceeds to throw machine gun pillow fists. Conor looks at the ref, the ref looks at Dana, Dana nods, and Conor gets the win. Chandler complains about not being out or even hurt and the medical team accidentally knocks him out with a shoulder check. Asked about Mike's protests, Dana says he ended up going to the hospital on a stretcher and nothing more needs to be said.

LOSS

1. Chandler picks him apart ending with a Holly/Rousey head kick. Simple and straightforward.

2. Chandler's goal is to break Conor instead of finishing him. He beats him down over multiple rounds. Conor quits outright on the stool or goes for "suicide by cop" (waiting for the doctor to stop it).

The organization is poised to do its first live gate in excess of $20 million for the June 29 event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, which is headlined by the highly anticipated return of Conor McGregor, who meets Michael Chandler in a welterweight bout.

After the expensive ticket prices for the card recently were revealed and seats went on sale, there was speculation UFC 303 would surpass the current all-time UFC live gate record of $17.7 million at UFC 205 in November 2016 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

It’s no coincidence that event was headlined by McGregor, as well, who captured the lightweight belt from Eddie Alvarez by second-round knockout. Now “The Notorious” is set for his return to action following a nearly three-year layoff, and UFC CEO Dana White confirmed on Saturday that the numbers are already astronomical.

“It’s already way over $20 million,” White told reporters at the UFC on ESPN 56 post-fight news conference in St. Louis.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/co...M9t-TOxnYhFroy57-Wr-vPEI7exRxpcYPptdxWpuTa0oa
Boxing laughs at those numbers.

Back