Conor rear uppercut king

he's becoming insufferable, his ego couldn't handle reality, so he went right back to fantasy. He should just go back to 145, his stock will fall considerably after Nate beats him even worse.

Was that before or after a touch-butt session?

Was a good fight - Props to both the warriors.

About 2 minutes into the first round, Mike Goldberg started to comment on how Conor was loading up on the left uppercut, and noted this several times.

If Mike Fucking Goldberg knows what you're going to throw, you're in big trouble.

Conor whiffed a lot of those uppercuts, and landed a lot on Nate's chest / collar bone area.

Pointless rematch, but a part of me is excited to see how Conor is(n't) going to handle Nate when he's in shape with several months of sparring coming right at him bell-to-bell.

Conor whiffed a lot of those uppercuts, and landed a lot on Nate's chest / collar bone area.

Pointless rematch, but a part of me is excited to see how Conor is(n't) going to handle Nate when he's in shape with several months of sparring coming right at him bell-to-bell.

His cardio will max hold up to 3rd round considering the pace and pressure Nate will bring and will break him even more then before mid way 3rd this time... it's not going to be submission but a TKO or KO.. I could bet my house on that his not going to the distance with Nate in full 5 rounds on nate's pace and pressure no way

It's super awkward promoting this rematch.

His cardio will max hold up to 3rd round considering the pace and pressure Nate will bring and will break even more then before mid way 3rd this time... it's not going to be submission but a TKO or KO

I think its most likely a submission again.

What people don't mention often is how Nate dominated the clinch, even when both guys were completely fresh. He just summarily walked him to the cage at will when they locked up.

Nate will either take another sloppy take down like he did in the first and work his guard or go for a judo throw off the cage. When there is a huge delta in one skill set between two fighters, I feel like the fight has a way of highlighting it.

Nate is very talented at jiu-jitsu and McTapsTwice is a clear liability on the ground. He's getting the submission again.

I think its most likely a submission again.

What people don't mention often is how Nate dominated the clinch, even when both guys were completely fresh. He just summarily walked him to the cage at will when they locked up.

Nate will either take another sloppy take down like he did in the first and work his guard or go for a judo throw off the cage. When there is a huge delta in one skill set between two fighters, I feel like the fight has a way of highlighting it.

Nate is very talented at jiu-jitsu and McTapsTwice is a clear liability on the ground. He's getting the submission again.

Conor was done before he went for that takedown and basically just wanted the fight stopped before he got flash KO'ed and it was going to happen soon or later and he realized that... This time he won't even have time to go for a takedown.... the pressure will break him believe it

Nate is unbeatable. Every one of his losses was a product of bad judges or an early stoppage.
Every nate diaz fan has always been a nate diaz fan.

Thread should be retitled as "Conor, rear naked choke tap out King"

Nate is unbeatable. Every one of his losses was a product of bad judges or an early stoppage.

I like the way Nate fights, always brings it. But he has been beat, and beat pretty darn good.

i've never seen so much debate over a fight that was stopped in less than 2 rounds. conor was handily beaten, i think reality is finally setting in for his fans, but apparently not him.

Conor was done before he went for that takedown and basically just wanted the fight stopped before he got flash KO'ed and it was going to happen soon or later and he realized that... This time he won't even have time to go for a takedown.... the pressure will break him believe it

Granted - totally agree. He was looking for the quickest way to the locker room.

We've seen this many times with Diaz though. There is no good reason for Nate to tap Gomi with a armbar of all things other than the fact that he was beating the brakes off him. Same for Jim Miller who got his tongue squashed in a unbelievable guillotine sequence.

Nate is a volume puncher so its not like he's knocking guys dead. When he hurt McTapsTwice, it initiated a grappling exchange, same as Gomi and Miller. I think that is another likely outcome.

Well, no.

I'm a Nate Diaz fan and its common sense that Ben Henderson and RDA beat the brakes off him because they matched up with him. It also helps that they are both competition level black belts when it hits the ground.

Truly world class fighters beat Nate Diaz, there is no shame in that.

His cardio will max hold up to 3rd round considering the pace and pressure Nate will bring and will break even more then before mid way 3rd this time... it's not going to be submission but a TKO or KO.. I could bet my house on that his not going to the distance with Nate's in full 5 rounds on nate pace and pressure no way

I could definitely see that. I feel like Nate might end it in the first. Hard to say, just a slight feeling. I don't understand how Conor expects to be "efficient" with his energy when Nate is well prepared. I don't think he has the style to implement a Condit strategy.

Well, no.

I'm a Nate Diaz fan and its common sense that Ben Henderson and RDA beat the brakes off him because they matched up with him. It also helps that they are both competition level black belts when it hits the ground.

Truly world class fighters beat Nate Diaz, there is no shame in that.

Nate / Nick are very good MMA boxers, but their KICKboxing is lacking. I wish they could address this glaring weakness.

Conor's main weapon was still the left straight countering Nate's lazy jab. Not sure how his going to beat Nate unless he gets good at leg kicks really fast. if he tries to play a conservative game he'll get beat up even worse.

Back