Conor McGregor will KO punch with a spinning backfist

lol, so right. Floyd accepting an MMA fight with Conor is even stupider than Conor accepting a boxing match with floyd ... and that's a really high bar ... well, except for the millions of dollars anyway.

I get it with Conor taking the Boxing match. He gets paid more money in one fight then he would in all his UFC fights. Sure he will get embarrassed and beat up, but at least he gets paid. Floyd doesn't need to get paid. He can make more money doing what he does best and he doesn't have to get embarrassed to do it

"CONOR MCGREGOR GOES THE DISTANCE WITH FLOYD MAYWEATHER, LOSES THE BATTLE WINS THE WAR".......some crazy headline like that the next day on every MMA site including Sherdog
CONOR AND FLOYD SHARE A LAUGH WHILE THEY SWIM IN POOL OF GOLD DOUBLOONS.

"CONOR MCGREGOR GOES THE DISTANCE WITH FLOYD MAYWEATHER, LOSES THE BATTLE WINS THE WAR".......some crazy headline like that the next day on every MMA site including Sherdog

With the massive skill gap (like WAY bigger then the skill gap of the elite Boxers Floyd was going the distance with) and Conors shit cardio, there is almost no chance Conor goes the distance. A more likely headline is "FLOYD STOPS CONOR IN THE THIRD AFTER SHOWBOATING AND LANDING AT WILL IN THE FIRST TWO. CONOR STILL WINS BECAUSE HE GETS PAID"

I think it will look something like this...
floyd-mayweather-punch-out.gif

God "fans" like you suck. Conor was the one begging for a BOXING match. Floyd is a BOXER

MMA fans need to fuck off with this thinking that MMA is a real fight. They are both SPORTS. Who gives a fuck what works "in the real world". "In the real world" Floyd would just have his body guards take some bats to Conors knees or hire someone to put a bullet in Conors head.
UFC has been singing the eulogy of boxing because fans, martial arts students, people want to know what really works in the real world, under real life circumstance, and Art Jimmerson clearly made manifest the utter futility of boxing glove(s) under real life circumstance, not to mention the high level kick boxers that have been KO'd by MMA fighters. Sure Conor chased a hundred million dollar pay day but said many times "you name the ruleset...I dont need rules to keep me alive", clearly taunting/daring Floyd to make concessions.....and Floyd didn't want to.

Maybe Floyd starches him in just a real standup match but I dont know anybody that would rather see that hybrid of sort vs one rookie competitor competing in another sport where the person is arguably the greatest of all time and we find out nothing about real fighting. There is no way Floyd would agree to a kickboxing match but finding some balance would not only answer the question of what is applicable in real life but it would be infinitely more entertaining.

And dont be absurd with this "his body guards would break Conor's legs": guaranteed Conor's entourage of BJJ blackbelts strangles Floyd's entourage of fat out of shape defensive linemen looking goons. But that is neither here or there, as a student of martial arts, I want to know who has the best standup in the world at 154 pounds and what translates from the highest level of boxing vs MMA boxing.

A lot of people don't realize that Mayweather is the GOAT defensive boxer against traditional boxers.

McGregor is going to throw all kinds of UFC stikes at him that Floyd hasnt seen in boxing before. Floyd doesnt have enough time to train to defend spinning back fists, superman punches or slaps (diaz style). These strike combos might confuse Floyd and allow McGregor to KO punch Floyd.

Alot of my friend agree, yeah Mayweather probably still wins on points but McGregor doing ufc style boxing will be tough for floyd to read and defend.

Really close fight. Idk who to bet on yet.
UFC style boxing is just amateur level boxing at best.

so for the next 2 and a half months these retarded threads are going to be the norm?

How fuckin retarded is that? In a fight that limits you to only using your hands you're only allowed to hit with one third of your hand... boxing is fuckin lame

you didn't know the rules of boxing already?

Ok, well he might throw triple upercuts like gustafsson did to Glover and ko floyd. Floyd wont be used to conors ability to throw super uppecuts
This is hilarious. You think Floyd hasn't seen a fucking uppercut before?

Last edited:
McGregor is going to throw all kinds of UFC stikes at him that Floyd hasnt seen in boxing before. Floyd doesnt have enough time to train to defend spinning back fists, superman punches or slaps (diaz style).

Superman punches only work if you are threatening with leg kicks ala GSP or use the cage to thrust you forward ala Aldo. Back fists are against the rules and so are double slaps. But judo chops are totally legal, that's where the money is.

It definetly needs to evolve thats for sure

Boxing is very old. Boxing has evolved a lot and has been an established sport for a very long time. Boxing is also an Olympic sport.

I am a serious mma fan but that does not mean that I don't respect boxing for what it is. Any evolution of boxing moving forward I would guess will have the integrity of a sport with a long history in mind.

Mma is a very new sport in its mainstream form, with established rules that are now mostly followed by most sanctioning bodies.

People could argue that there is far more room for mma rules to evolve than any fixing that boxing might require. You just simply can't compare the two as to where they are in their history and proven record so far.

How fuckin retarded is that? In a fight that limits you to only using your hands you're only allowed to hit with one third of your hand... boxing is fuckin lame
Have you never watched a boxing match? Dude you need to watch some boxing it's a lot of fun to watch.

Boxing is a sport. Therefor, a game. Not a "fight".

Kind of like how throwing a rubber ball into a netted hoop is a sport too.

If you don't like it, there's plenty other sports for you to watch.

All new threads should have to be approved by mods. The Heavies is currently about 99% wasteland material.

God "fans" like you suck. Conor was the one begging for a BOXING match. Floyd is a BOXER

MMA fans need to fuck off with this thinking that MMA is a real fight. They are both SPORTS. Who gives a fuck what works "in the real world". "In the real world" Floyd would just have his body guards take some bats to Conors knees or hire someone to put a bullet in Conors head.

No.

Floyd said only boxing.

Scared to die.

Get over it.

Back