Conor fighting in the most famous soccer stadium in the world? Enjoy!

Deal with what exactly?
You said that Santiago Bernabeu is not the most famous stadium in the world? I do not think a stadium where Real Madrid (the winningest team in history) plays is unknow. But that's my opinion

You said that Santiago Bernabeu is not the most famous stadium in the world? I do not think a stadium where Real Madrid (the winningest team in history) plays is unknow. But that's my opinion

Of course it is well known but it's not the most famous, lol. It's like saying "Jose Aldo is the most famous MMA fighter in the world" - respected and known among the fans of the sport yes, but most famous? Hell no.

Maracana and Wembley (at least the original one) are by far two most iconic football stadiums of the world. Camp Nou, Allianz Arena and Old Trafford coming close, IMO.

Of course it is well known but it's not the most famous, lol. It's like saying "Jose Aldo is the most famous MMA fighter in the world" - respected and known among the fans of the sport yes, but most famous? Hell no.

Maracana and Wembley (at least the original one) are by far two most iconic football stadiums of the world. Camp Nou, Allianz Arena and Old Trafford coming close, IMO.
La Bombonera?

Here's a few key details:

- In all of the fights Conor has headlined in Vegas there has always been approx. 2-3 thousand Irish fans, that is little under 20% of the entire crowd.

- You may say that flights to Madrid are cheaper than flights to the US, so it'll be cheaper right? Wrong. The US fanbase make up the vast majority of the crowd at most events. There is a reason why the biggest attendance for a European show is 30,000 in Sweden. No way are you selling out a 80,000+ seater in Spain without a US contingent - and it's just as expensive to fly from the States to Madrid as it is for an Irishman to fly to the US.

- In Vegas, you have so many other attractions, people are not just flying there for the fight - it's the entire experience.

- What the fuck are you going to do in Madrid? I've been there, it's cool like every other city, but it's not NY or Vegas. People are not flying from the states for this fight.

- Spain doesn't give a fuck about MMA. You think the locals will part ways with 200+ Euros per ticket (STARTING PRICE) for this sport? I don't see it.

- Not everyone in Ireland likes MMA, and not everyone in Ireland has the money for these things.

It could easily end up being a flop.

We are talking about headlining a card in a country where the UFC haven't even visited before...

The UFC couldn't even sell out Wembley or Old Trafford, never mind a stadium in Spain lol!

LUDICROUS.

- Ireland to Vegas is almost 5 thousand miles, a 13 hour flight
- Ireland to Spain is a 2 hour flight.
- Ireland to Vegas is not a cheap weekend away.
- Ireland to Spain flights are as low as €30. You could fly and stay the weekend there with a few hundred euros.
- Up to 20% of some football stadiums of the top teams in the UK are filled each week with travelling Irish fans.
- There are 90k Irish currently living in Spain
- Conor is a huge star in Europe and there will be thousands of his fans from all over the continent descending on Madrid.
- Conor would fill that stadium, comfortably.

Croke Park. In Eire

This would make the most sense, though the fact it doesn't have a retractable roof may be an issue. The Bernabeu doesn't have one either, but Real Madrid recently annonuced they are going to add one which could signal other events are going to be held there in the future.

Here's a few key details:

- In all of the fights Conor has headlined in Vegas there has always been approx. 2-3 thousand Irish fans, that is little under 20% of the entire crowd.

- You may say that flights to Madrid are cheaper than flights to the US, so it'll be cheaper right? Wrong. The US fanbase make up the vast majority of the crowd at most events. There is a reason why the biggest attendance for a European show is 30,000 in Sweden. No way are you selling out a 80,000+ seater in Spain without a US contingent - and it's just as expensive to fly from the States to Madrid as it is for an Irishman to fly to the US.

- In Vegas, you have so many other attractions, people are not just flying there for the fight - it's the entire experience.

- What the fuck are you going to do in Madrid? I've been there, it's cool like every other city, but it's not NY or Vegas. People are not flying from the states for this fight.

- Spain doesn't give a fuck about MMA. You think the locals will part ways with 200+ Euros per ticket (STARTING PRICE) for this sport? I don't see it.

- Not everyone in Ireland likes MMA, and not everyone in Ireland has the money for these things.

It could easily end up being a flop.

We are talking about headlining a card in a country where the UFC haven't even visited before...

The UFC couldn't even sell out Wembley or Old Trafford, never mind a stadium in Spain lol!

LUDICROUS.

30k at 3AM on a FOX card with Gus headlining. Your an idiot if you don't think Conor can't sell out a stadium on own home turf.

Wembley is most famous.

Even though us Scots invented football, not England.

Allianz? That stadium is younger than sage, gtfo

Sorry this is off topic, but I always thought Manchester United had the most famous soccer stadium.

(An American who doesn't keep up with futbol, I apologize for the ignorance.)

Back