Conor Faking Leg Kicks Clarification

Leonard Haid

Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream
@red
Reaction score
Robin Black said in a discussion with Brendan Schaub: "How will he (Floyd) respond to faked kicks? In boxing am I allowed to move my hips any way I want?" Schaub - "Of course you are."

Move the hips, OK. But is that the same as moving the legs? Not clear about that. How far can Conor go with his MMA moves? Of course he can't connect, but what can't he do beyond that? Also not clear about faking kicks being or not being in the boxing rulebook, and if it isn't, could it be prohibited in Conor's contract for the Floyd fight?

I don't see how faking kicks is going to help Conor win at all....pretty sure the common consensus is the clinch and his stamina....

I don't see how faking kicks is going to help Conor win at all....pretty sure the common consensus is the clinch and his stamina....
Good point, but I'm looking forward to someone addressing my actual questions.

As long as he doesn't make contact he's fine. He can do anything else he wants. You can fake anything. And hell, even if he does connect, it's only a point deduction. He should kick the fuck out of Floyds lead leg in rnd 1 and accept the deduction imo.

As long as he doesn't make contact he's fine. And hell, even if he does, it's only a point deduction. He should kick the fuck out of Floyds lead leg in rnd 1 and accept the deduction imo.
Pretty sure it would be a disqualification if he makes contact. Not sure where you got the idea that it would only be a point deduction. I'd like to know the source of that claim, because I don't believe it.

Pretty sure it would be a disqualification if he makes contact. Not sure where you got the idea that it would only be a point deduction. I'd like to know the source of that claim, because I don't believe it.

Well I'm going off what happens when I play boxing video games and headbutt people so I could be wrong

W
Wasn't trying to be a dick. Those are questions that are fairly hard to answer lol and personally I don't think Conor is worried about that kinda shit anyways

He can talk trash during the fight. "I gonna kick you in the fooking head yeah "

Then feint and power punch

W

Wasn't trying to be a dick. Those are questions that are fairly hard to answer lol and personally I don't think Conor is worried about that kinda shit anyways
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that you were being a dick. I was being one if anyone was being one. I'm impatient. I'd really love to get clarification on what I asked about ASAP, and you know the "experts" out there - the media people - they never respond to you, so I have to ask on here. I also posted this on Firas Zahabi's Youtube channel - he's doing a Floyd/Conor breakdown in the next week, and is taking questions.

Fake kicks all you want, it'll just put you off balance and create an easy knock down.
Switching from conventional to southpaw back and forth leaves you open for easy shots as well.

There are very good reasons why the conventional is the convention in boxing, and that is because it is either more effective offensively, or exposes you to less risk defensively.
Breaking with convention has a cost, unless you are an especially gifted athelete.... which Conor is not, despite his mma success.

Some of the shit you kids come up with.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that you were being a dick. I was being one if anyone was being one. I'm impatient. I'd really love to get clarification on what I asked about ASAP, and you know the "experts" out there - the media people - they never respond to you, so I have to ask on here. I also posted this on Firas Zahabi's Youtube channel - he's doing a Floyd/Conor breakdown in the next week, and is taking questions.
Oh right on I gotcha don't try luke Thomas lol maybe robin black is worth a shot

Robin Black said in a discussion with Brendan Schaub: "How will he (Floyd) respond to faked kicks? In boxing am I allowed to move my hips any way I want?" Schaub - "Of course you are."

Move the hips, OK. But is that the same as moving the legs? Not clear about that. How far can Conor go with his MMA moves? Of course he can't connect, but what can't he do beyond that? Also not clear about faking kicks being or not being in the boxing rulebook, and if it isn't, could it be prohibited in Conor's contract for the Floyd fight?
I guess it depends on what's in the contract.

Useless answer I know. I'd like to know aswell.

I don't think he'll feint kicks, since Floyd is pretty much certain Conor's not allowed to throw them.

I don't think he'll feint kicks, since Floyd is pretty much certain Conor's not allowed to throw them.
It's been reported that Floyd is worried that Conor will "lose it" in the heat of the moment and maybe throw a kick, so the intimidation factor seemingly has already begun. But my question remains - IS CONOR ALLOWED to fake kicks, to throw kicks as long as they don't land? You say no, but so far I've seen no verification of that. Someone must know the answer.

Dana said its in the contract that Conor cannot do ANY MMA moves period. Only boxing. If he does he will be sued for a SHITLOAD of money.

As far as the boxing rules and the consequences on that end I have no idea.

Conor could say whatever he wants during the fight though....and he will.

There's no point in feinting with something that you can't throw. He might as well put a hand behind his back and pretend like he has a gun, for all the good it will do him.

It's been reported that Floyd is worried that Conor will "lose it" in the heat of the moment and maybe throw a kick, so the intimidation factor seemingly has already begun. But my question remains - IS CONOR ALLOWED to fake kicks, to throw kicks as long as they don't land? You say no, but so far I've seen no verification of that. Someone must know the answer.

Asked and answered, muppet.

There's no point in feinting with something that you can't throw.

Google 'superman punch'.

Or think about all those times that repeated groin kicks lead to a headkick because the opponent gets so weary over them even though they're illegal.

There's no point in feinting with something that you can't throw. He might as well put a hand behind his back and pretend like he has a gun, for all the good it will do him.

The feints will make Floyd think about the slight possibility that McGregor may break the rules. Having something extra to think about may make him timid and throw him off his game.

If I was Conor, anytime a camera is around, I would throw combinations with a headkick on the end of them. When Buffer is doing the ring announcements, I would do the same thing. Anything that would make Floyd worry about Conor double crossing would be the Conor's advantage.

Back