Conor "Big Country" McGregor

Cat Biscuits

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Since the forum isn't much for thoughtful discussion these days, i'm sure this will be understood just fine by todays fans.

Conor is like Roy Nelson.

Conor has made a career of winning fight by one method only, and thats with a big power punch.

Conor has bullied the smaller fighters, and only looks to land his power shot to win. If he can't land his shot, his cardio goes to shit and he can barely pull a win from his ass, unless he's the bigger fighter like he did at 145lbs.

His ground game is shit, his wrestling is shit, his chin is questionable after getting rocked by supreme power puncher Nate Diaz, and his career is still untested as he only has 3 top wins. Diaz win was meh, Aldo was his only legit win, and Mendes was meh since he was losing until Mendes gassed.

Conor had success against Aldo, but I doubt he can replicate it again. He's fighting bigger guys now, and I doubt he has much success at 155lbs as the division will eat him up if he actually takes some chances other than title fights to claim he "rules the divsion."

Assuming he fights nothing but tough fighters from here on out, we'll see where he is in his career soon enough. I'm thinking he goes the way of Roy Nelson once people are able to last more than 1 round with him and figure out he has only one way to win a fight: an early KO.

So please, flame away Conrad fans.

You are insulting Nelson

He's more akin to Rumble or the Lioness than Nelson.

IOW the difference is that he can land his big punches on top fighters.

Roy Nelson has balls though... heart for days.

The first time Conor got visibly hurt in the UFC, he mentally quit.

Not a fair comparison for Roy imo

Since the forum isn't much for thoughtful discussion these days, i'm sure this will be understood just fine by todays fans.

Conor has made a career of winning fight by one method only, and thats with a big power punch.

Conor has bullied the smaller fighters, and only looks to land his power shot to win. If he can't land his shot, his cardio goes to shit and he can barely pull a win from his ass, unless he's the bigger fighter like he did at 145lbs.

His ground game is shit, his wrestling is shit, his chin is questionable after getting rocked by supreme power puncher Nate Diaz, and his career is still untested as he only has 3 top wins. Diaz win was meh, Aldo was his only legit win, and Mendes was meh since he was losing until Mendes gassed.

Conor had success against Aldo, but I doubt he can replicate it again. He's fighting bigger guys now, and I doubt he has much success at 155lbs as the division will eat him up if he actually takes some chances other than title fights to claim he "rules the divsion."

Assuming he fights nothing but tough fighters from here on out, we'll see where he is in his career soon enough. I'm thinking he goes the way of Roy Nelson once people are able to last more than 1 round with him and figure out he has only one way to win a fight: an early KO.

leeva.gif

Thisis practically a poem

Roy Nelson has balls though... heart for days.

The first time Conor got visibly hurt in the UFC, he mentally quit.

Not a fair comparison for Roy imo
Roy can sub people too

LOL at complaining at the lack of thoughtful discussion then proceding to post a thread worthy of an iq of 80. Stop hating man.

Yawn

Whats with Conor haters calling him conrad, colin, etc? You know who else does shit like that? School children when they're mad at others.

Nelson can't land or do anything with those punches to any top fighters and is also known for bitching and making up 20 different excuses for each loss and he has plenty of losses. Roy Nelson more like Roy Bitchson.

Conor has had his matches near hand picked, and against smaller fighters.. You can't even compare him to a guy like Nelson who is a legend in his own right.

He is a real any one, any time fighter. Almost impossible to KO still to this day. Been fighting over ten years, and against the greats. True warrior for real. On top of that he has a gut, which to me makes it THAT much more impressive.

BTW, Nelson would knock conor unconscious after taking his best shot.

Conor is a cartoon character, 6 days till judgement day

I love this thread
God bless my fellow Colon haters

Mhmmmm I love the hate. It fortifies me.

Roy-Nelson-UFC-146-weigh-478x270.jpg
usa-today-8688451.0.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny

HwMVOFB.jpg

Conor has had his matches near hand picked, and against smaller fighters.. You can't even compare him to a guy like Nelson who is a legend in his own right.

He is a real any one, any time fighter. Almost impossible to KO still to this day. Been fighting over ten years, and against the greats. True warrior for real. On top of that he has a gut, which to me makes it THAT much more impressive.

BTW, Nelson would knock conor unconscious after taking his best shot.

Nelson could stick his chin out undefended and just let Conor unload his left all night long and Conor still wouldn't be able to put him to sleep.

Yawn

Whats with Conor haters calling him conrad, colin, etc? You know who else does shit like that? School children when they're mad at others.

Nelson can't land or do anything with those punches to any top fighters and is also known for bitching and making up 20 different excuses for each loss and he has plenty of losses. Roy Nelson more like Roy Bitchson.
Lol fucking this.
I love how all of these Conor haters like to call Conor fans retards and then they all come up with this brilliant bullshit of "Colin", "Connie", and "Colon". It is not the least bit clever.
This would be like if I started calling Tony...."Turd" or "Ted". It would be fucking stupid. The words dont rhyme, or have anything else to do with his name other than starting with a C.

And Conor is nothing like Roy. Anyone can have a good punching arm. That arm means fuck all if you don't have the timing and precision to actually land it on your target.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back