Conor and Kavanaugh admit to underestimating Diaz

Breaking

One shall stand, and one shall fall.
@Black
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/06/conor-...e-diaz-and-correcting-the-mistakes-of-ufc-196

But is that really the lesson to learn?

I have a feeling that they're underestimating the entire lightweight division.

And you might as well throw the whole welterweight division in there as well, since they thought that he could just easily go up and take out Robbie...

But if they are underestimating the whole sport, isn't there an easier way to make sense of it?

Doesn't that just mean that they're OVERESTIMATING Conor?

Why can't they just grow the fuck up and admit the obvious truth?

Because the truth doesn't give them any significant amount of money.

I agree TS. It's not so much underestimating Nate. Nate showed perhaps the best version of himself, but everything we know about him already: durable, doesn't really shoot for takedowns, keeps the fight standing and tries to outbox his opponents. Extremely hittable everywhere, Nate took many hard shots in the first that would knock a FW out. In the second round, Conor gassed very hard, started eating all kinds of shots and Nate showed his crisp BJJ. Conor overestimated his KO power and cardio.

I had some shit to say. But it pails in comparison to this right here.

Fuck you @ortizgnp
Well done bro

method=get&s=tito-ortiz-sakuraba-gif.gif

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/06/conor-...e-diaz-and-correcting-the-mistakes-of-ufc-196

And you might as well throw the whole welterweight division in there as well, since they thought that he could go up and take out Robbie...

But if they are underestimating the whole sport, isn't there an easier way to make sense of it?

Conor was a PUNCHER at 145

Now here's merely a
puncher above that weight.

...and due to him being one dimensional...combined with never being able to fight midgets at 145...(unless he puts in life in danger via brain dehydration, etc) he's in fucking trouble.

I agree TS. It's not so much underestimating Nate. Nate showed perhaps the best version of himself, but everything we know about him already: durable, doesn't really shoot for takedowns, keeps the fight standing and tries to outbox his opponents. Extremely hittable everywhere, Nate took many hard shots in the first that would knock a FW out. In the second round, Conor gassed very hard, started eating all kinds of shots and Nate showed his crisp BJJ. Conor overestimated his KO power and cardio.

The only unknown thing left is how good can Conor truly be at 170.
Some would say he was far from his best, some would say that's all there is too him.

But those are all speculations, imho.

IF Conor is a lot better (nevermind the reasons) than the first fight, then we have ourselves an awesome fight ahead cause Diaz, while he won't necessarily be better, will be sharper for sure.

Rooting for Conor, but hoping for a good and smart fight from both.

Conor was a PUNCHER at 145

Now here's merely a
puncher above that weight.

...and due to him being one dimensional...combined with never being able to fight midgets at 145...(unless he puts in life in danger via brain dehydration, etc) he's in fucking trouble.
I agree with the sentiment, but this giant font thing is ridiculously lame.

Cut that shit out.

And you might as well throw the whole welterweight division in there as well, since they thought that he could just easily go up and take out Robbie...

Now that they know Diaz is the bigger man, things will be different. Some things just can't be anticipated.

The only unknown thing left is how good can Conor truly be at 170.
Some would say he was far from his best, some would say that's all there is too him.

But those are all speculations, imho.

IF Conor is a lot better (nevermind the reasons) than the first fight, then we have ourselves an awesome fight ahead cause Diaz, while he won't necessarily be better, will be sharper for sure.

Rooting for Conor, but hoping for a good and smart fight from both.
What's unknown about it?

Herp derp, Jabronis. Wolf tickets - you've all bought them.

No way that was the best version of Nate.

1. Wasn't in top shape.

2. Hadn't put in any sparring time so his reaction time wasn't there.

"why dont other people say the things i think they should say"

LOL overestimated Diaz? I guess his coach never watched a Diaz fight. They apparently they where the only ones in the MMA community that didn't know he was durable as hell with decent boxing and solid BJJ. Or they thought that Conor's left hand was equivalent in power to that of a Thomson head kick.

Styles make fights and Nate is Conor's worst nightmare.

Last edited:

1. Wasn't in top shape.

yes but maybe current Nate is the best version of Nate as well.

1. Wasn't in top shape.

So if Conor wins the rematch against an even better version of Diaz we can all agree the first fight was a fluke, yes?

If you've recently learned that Nate Diaz was seriously underestimated then you need to catch up on some sleep.

Back