Congressional Quotes on Trumpcare

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
A state-by-state searchable list of all public statements by Congress people on the AHA (Trumpcare) so far.
http://www.npr.org/2017/03/10/51962...find-out-where-your-member-of-congress-stands

My personal favorite:
Chris Murphy, Democrat, CT
"This is a dumpster fire of a bill that was written on the back of a napkin behind closed doors because Republicans know it's a disaster."

I like him because he talks the way I talk...

Some other goodies:
Ed Markey, Democrat, MA
"#TrumpCare gives the wealthy a YUGE tax break & hurts women, seniors & middle class."

William R. Keating, Democrat, MA 9th District
"15 mil people who gained coverage will lose it. Older Americans get charged 5x more for their plans. GOP made us wait 7 years for that? #ACA"

Grace Meng, Democrat, NY 6th District
"Lets review #AHCA (GOP healthcare bill). Will it: ✕ Increase coverage? ✕ Decrease costs 4 avg American? ✕ Fulfill GOP promises? #NotAPlan"

Last edited:
I really haven't looked into it, but is it reallly so bad that even republicans are calling it trash?

Please tell me its not trying to actually defund planned parenthood...because MORE welfare and poor kids is what the country needs lmao.

obamacare-trumpcare915.png

Last edited:
A lot of Republicans vocally dislike the bill as well, but for some different reasons, mainly because they think it's too similar to Obamacare.

A lot of Republicans vocally dislike the bill as well, but for some different reasons, mainly because they think it's too similar to Obamacare.
There is a split on the bill among Republicans.

The Freedom Caucus nee Tea Party thinks it doesn't solve the budget problems of Obamacare. And they are right. These people are mostly from deep red gerrymandered districts, so their seats are safe and they don't have to worry so much (at least not immediately) about the political implications of tens of millions of people losing healthcare.

Then there are moderate Republicans from purple districts who understand that they may lose their seats if this thing passes and their constituents lose health care.Many Republican governors, whose jobs are not protected by gerrymandering, are also opposed to the bill for the same reason.

Literally NOBODY likes this bill except the Big Insurance Companies, corporate whore politicians like Paul Ryan, and people making over a millions dollars a year (who would see huge tax cuts).

Back