Congress too poor to afford housing

Tell them to all just rent a hotel or something in DC and actually live in the state they're from instead of vacationing in the state they are from for 100 days a year.

Chaffetz announced at the start of the congressional term, in 2009, that he would be sleeping on a cot in his office, rather than renting a Washington, D.C., apartment.[53] Chaffetz said, "I'm trying to live the example that it doesn't take big dollars in order to get where we want to go. I can save my family $1,500 a month by sleeping on a cot in my office as opposed to getting a fancy place that's maybe a little bit more comfortable."[53] His family will continue to live in Alpine. "We are now $10 trillion in debt. $10 trillion. Those are expenses that have to be paid at some point", he said. If he can tighten his belt in these tough economic times, Chaffetz said, Congress should be able to as well.[53
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Chaffetz

<18>

career politicians are scum and we should have term limits for congress and senate, so that nobody does it for the reason of being unable to succeed in the real world and wanting a cushy job forever (like bernie for example)

If they want 2.5k extra a month they should get a job like normal people who need more money do

Most of them are pretty well off already. Many if not most of them make a lot of money in their post elected official careers as lobbyist, consultants, or big shot lawyers. I don't see any reason for the tax payer to give them more than the $174,000 they are already getting.

They should whore themselves out as they already have a lot of practice in fucking people

Most of them are pretty well off already. Many if not most of them make a lot of money in their post elected official careers as lobbyist, consultants, or big shot lawyers. I don't see any reason for the tax payer to give them more than the $174,000 they are already getting.

bernie never got a job until he was 40 and got into politics

now he has multiple houses and drives his audi r8 to go lecture people on how they have too much money and they need to share via taxes

career politician leeches fuck off

bernie never got a job until he was 40 and got into politics

now he has multiple houses and drives his audi r8 to go lecture people on how they have too much money and they need to share via taxes

career politician leeches fuck off
Its democratic leeching it is different

Compensation should be determined at the state level. Unless of course I'm forgetting a finer point in the Constitution? In that case, let's add a fuckin' Amendment that dictates what I suggest. :cool:

Compensation should be determined at the state level. Unless of course I'm forgetting a finer point in the Constitution? In that case, let's add a fuckin' Amendment that dictates what I suggest. :cool:
Hear, hear!

career politicians are scum and we should have term limits for congress and senate, so that nobody does it for the reason of being unable to succeed in the real world and wanting a cushy job forever (like bernie for example)

I agree but on the other hand the best term limits are losing election. Why does Congress have abysmal approval ratings but 95% re-election rates?

It's like we need term limits because the electorate are too fucking stupid to do it for themselves.

I agree but on the other hand the best term limits are losing election. Why does Congress have abysmal approval ratings but 95% re-election rates?

It's like we need term limits because the electorate are too fucking stupid to do it for themselves.

that dichotomy between approval ratings and incumbency is something that i get pissed about often

i think its a combination of stupidity, laziness (people just voting the incumbent because of their political party) and that a lot of people hate every politician except theirs

term limits ftw

It is totally a real job though if they actually care for the people. And even if you implemented term limits they would all just become lobbyists or president of PR for Banks or something. Some members of Congress with NO background in Finance for instance can get good jobs with financial firms doing managing and PR type work.

So that wouldn't stop the revolving door.

that dichotomy between approval ratings and incumbency is something that i get pissed about often

i think its a combination of stupidity, laziness (people just voting the incumbent because of their political party) and that a lot of people hate every politician except theirs

term limits ftw

I blame that and straight party voting. McCain cannot possibly be so loved to keep getting elected and yet he does!

Same with Pelosi many democrats dislike her but I guess her district loves her or something.

Actually now that I think of it Pelosi being reelected makes sense given her wealthy district. But McCain is getting elected from the entire state's Republicans so him continuing to get reelected is more odd.

Here, they can have this:

1fbe154d04b44b298da5960f0c26f268--bonus-army-civil-disobedience.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back