Concert stories

Langstarr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I wanna hear stories of when the shit REALLY went down. Like something insane happened that you’d only see at a concert or festival. That’s the shit I’m looking for.

I watched a dude on acid during Parliament Funkadelic (2002ish) willingly jump into the Delaware River off of a bulkhead in an attempt to swim over to people’s boats watching the show. (The giant river that seperates Philly from jersey was right behind the stage). As soon as the boaters realized what this jack ass was trying to do, they all sped away. So now he has to swim back to the bulkhead which is not designed for people to climb on. I had to help the guy up and could clearly see his pupils-they looked like he was deep in a fucking acid trance. He was wearing his shirt and shoes and socks all drenched. Cops snatched his ass right up.

First one that comes to mind... Saw a dude climb on stage and piss on another dude’s head. He then jumped off the stage and went over to the dude he pissed on and acted like they were friends. Dude that got pissed on dropped him immediately. I can probably remember a few good ones

I saw Kirk Hammet and, I think James Hetfield, at this crappy Kiwanis club in a crappy bay area town back in the late 80s, when I was a kid. Some other bands were playing, and they had them as guests later. Around 11pm or so, when the concert was winding down, some guy rode his Harley into the wooden, parquet, floored ball room with a broad on the back, and he did donut burnouts on the floor a few times, until the room was filled with smoke, and people were running everywhere. It was fucking great.

Went to Lollapalooza '91 at Irvine Meadows, first day. Soundgarden put on a fantastic set. One of my favorite bands ever. Chris Cornell whips out a six foot staff with a goat's head on the end, and tells the crowd in the pit to bow down to Satan. They all looked at each other for a few seconds before he starts barking at them again to bow down to Satan. So, naturally, all of them, but one, bow down to Satan. One guy didn't want to do it, but the rest peer pressured him into it, while Chris continued to bark at him to bow to Satan. Good times. Also, same day, Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam was climbing the lighting scaffolding and swinging around from the cables until he almost brought the set down. Was a great concert.

Another time, at a Grateful Dead concert, there was a chick going around squirting people with liquid acid. My crew and I got hit. Was quite a night. Most fucked up I have ever been. I couldn't even move for awhile. I was just sitting on the grass lawn completely zoned out. I'm guessing it was a high dose. You could tell that the band was tripping also, as their set started breaking down into a freestyle jam that was only loosely structured in a musical sense.

I saw Alice in Chains open for Van Halen before they got yuge. At a certain point, Layne Staley brought out a blow up doll and fucked it with the microphone. Also, Van Halen filmed a music video at the end of the concert, so I am technically in a music video, in the crowd.

Edit: It was '92. I always want to say '91 for some reason.

Last edited:
Saw Ziggy Marley and friends at an outdoor show on a beautiful summer evening. After the show I was in a great mood and of course super high. Started looking for my car and forgot what I was doing. My friend got a ride home with other folks. Eventually a cool security dude found me talking with a tree. Helped me to my car. It was the only one remaining in the lot.

Only at a concert or festival could people ever jump in a river while on drugs. Must have been insane op.

I went to Jimmy buffet when I was like 12 or so and got drunk af and realized concerts suck.

at a grateful dead show around 92 and suddenly noticed i was feeling a great spiritual wind blow through me from the band..... it was coming in wave after wave in time with the song lyrics. astounded i looked around to see if anyone else was feeling this. over my left shoulder was a tall aged man with a great white beard watching the band intently with tears streaming down his face.... tears of gratitude. over my other shoulder was a grandmother, daughter, and granddaughter holding hands swaying in the wind... in fact it looked like everybody was feeling this power to me and moving in perfect synchronicity with it.

i took in a deep breath and everyone there entered my body.... their souls i guess.... and my body shook and when i exhaled i entered every one of them and this went on for a while until it was more like a union and i was always in them and they were always in me.

it was incredible and permanently changed my life.

That had to be in 1992 because Soundgarden didn't play on the 1991 Lollapalooza tour.
You are correct. I always tend to misremember that date when I tell that story, which I don't really do that often.

I was watching Machinehead at a second stage festival in a parking lot, huge crowd. Mid day, really hot out. There's some large women near me. About halfway through the set, the two groups of large women start brawling. Immediately the guys they were with started brawling each other. I'm by myself so I move back into the larger crowd but it's still happening right in front of me. One guy goes down and another guy is stomping on his head with his Nikes. Eventually security showed up and they looked like 18 year olds and elderly people. I left to another part of the crowd at that point, I have no idea how they were going to break it up.

Saw Ozzy back in the early 90’s. Filter was the opener; I had fought my way up to the stage, dead center and ended up beside some drunk dude who was endlessly screaming at Richard Patrick, the lead singer, that Filter sucked and to get off the stage. I saw Patrick eyeballing him, but he kept singing and after a bit slowly wandered back to the drum kit, where he had a yellow Solo cup full of beer. Picking up the cup, he meandered back to the front of the stage while singing. He put his foot up on the monitor, bent down toward the guy , still singing, while the dude screamed insults at him from two feet away.
After a minute of this, Patrick suddenly takes the cup and just violently slams it into the guys face. I get showered in lukewarm beer, the guy loses his mind and attempts to climb onto the stage. Security grabbed him and that’s the last I saw of him…

Was at the '90's Motley Crue and Cheap Trick concert in NC when Tommy Lee was later arrested for attempting to incite a riot. A security guard punched a fan that got too close to the stage. Seeing one of Crue's fans getting hit, Tommy stopped drumming, jumped up and grabbed Vince's microphone and yelled with profanities for the crowd to retaliate - no one did. The show went on...and F'n Rocked!

Last edited:
Back