Computer getting creepy again.

nostradumbass

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
We all know already how invasive facebook and google are with searching anything and getting a bunch of ads and page suggestions based on some random search a month ago. I made a thread a while ago about how some milf client and the guy my ex dated after me were suddenly popping up as "friend suggestions" on facebook, despite 0 mutual friends and 0 posts from me ever about anything, because they were obviously stalking my profile.

Well a few days ago I get some link on my email account saying "take a look at this date 2 years ago", so I did and it was several pictures from my phone that I took and never uploaded them anywhere, emailed them to anyone and have even changed phones twice since then. This link was not from my phone. Does anybody doubt google and facebook are keeping waaaay more information on you than they say?

Didn't Snowden already warn people about this shit?

Of course they're tracking everyone.

I think it's gotten to the point where he all know what's up. We're being monitored way more than what we are told.

Yet no one cares enough. We're too dependent on them at this point. Most couldn't let go of the smart phone even if they wanted to.

They're literally a part of us at this point. Ingrained in us. I wish I could say I'm above all that, but I'm just as guilty. My phone is in my hand more often than it's not.

We all know already how invasive facebook and google are with searching anything and getting a bunch of ads and page suggestions based on some random search a month ago. I made a thread a while ago about how some milf client and the guy my ex dated after me were suddenly popping up as "friend suggestions" on facebook, despite 0 mutual friends and 0 posts from me ever about anything, because they were obviously stalking my profile.

Well a few days ago I get some link on my email account saying "take a look at this date 2 years ago", so I did and it was several pictures from my phone that I took and never uploaded them anywhere, emailed them to anyone and have even changed phones twice since then. This link was not from my phone. Does anybody doubt google and facebook are keeping waaaay more information on you than they say?

Who is the link from and what is the context?

We live in a Big Brother surveillance state where every communication is recorded and stored by the government. Why would major corporations be any different? There is no stopping their reach and as technology improves and truly becomes ubiquitous, there will be no privacy of any kind from the devil known as the internet.

th

I think it's gotten to the point where he all know what's up. We're being monitored way more than what we are told.

Yet no one cares enough. We're too dependent on them at this point. Most couldn't let go of the smart phone even if they wanted to.

They're literally a part of us at this point. Ingrained in us. I wish I could say I'm above all that, but I'm just as guilty. My phone is in my hand more often than it's not.

I've never owned a cell phone, much less a smart phone and likely never will but I understand you are 100% correct when you say "no one cares enough" or "Most couldn't let go of the smart phone." Its so bad now I've actually had people chuckle nervously and accuse me of lying when I tell them I don't use a cell phone. I gotta tell you though, the more years that go by and I watch people with their phones, the more free I feel and determined to never have one. Some people actually display the characteristics of addiction to crack with their phone. At times its almost like being a sober person watching drunk people.

Last edited:
Nostra, as your mother I must tell you Spotify Premium is on sale this week

oh wow, those were pics from your phone?
I saw them plastered all over Instagram and Twitter.
some nice shots btw.

I've never owned a cell phone, much less a smart phone and likely never will but I understand you are 100% correct when you say "no one cares enough" or "Most couldn't let go of the smart phone." Its so bad now I've actually had people chuckle nervously and accuse me of lying when I tell them I don't use a cell phone. I gotta tell you though, the more years that go by and I watch people with their phones, the more free I feel and determined to never have one. Some people actually display the characteristics of addiction to crack with their phone. At times its almost like being a sober person watching drunk people.

I got my first smart phone 4 years ago and I wish I never did.

When me and my ex broke up I gave up on smart phones. I needed to save as much money as I could because of child support. So I got a flip phone and $30 a month cricket plan. Then I started talking to females and that's when the problems started. After about the third text message asking me if I could see the pics I was done. I got a smart phone and stopped fucking around with that flip phone shit.

Why do you wish you never did? Just feel its too intrusive?

I’m one of the zombies that needs to have my phone with me at all times now. This doesn’t feel natural.

I could have swore I saw either Windows 10 or iOS have something that either allowed or disallowed sharing your pictures. Of course I set it to disallow.

There's way too many settings where the default is to absolutely give away your privacy. Many are too uninformed to know to change these when they first turn on the new device/computer.

What's also disturbing is lawmakers don't understand this or don't care to protect the general public.

This shit is genuinely creepy though, I was talking to my brother about this brand of clothing and when I next came on here the banners were that fucking brand.

Also I swear it knows your thoughts lol I have seen things advertised in banners and on my FB feed that is suggested for me but it has been nothing but a thought, it is kinda weird to be honest.

The idea that our technology is listening to us is beyond creepy imo

According to One Republic, we are going to give all our secrets away..

But seriously, yes, axciom (sp) has been storing our online lives for a decade now. They know what isle you were standing the store. Facts. Tech is plowing forward without getting our permission, and men are being turned into weaklings so they don't stand up like men always did.

This shit is genuinely creepy though, I was talking to my brother about this brand of clothing and when I next came on here the banners were that fucking brand.

Also I swear it knows your thoughts lol I have seen things advertised in banners and on my FB feed that is suggested for me but it has been nothing but a thought, it is kinda weird to be honest.

The idea that our technology is listening to us is beyond creepy imo
Your computer operating system settings probably gave away access to the mic, so it probably phones home and does voice recognition. With Windows 10 Edge PDF viewer, every time I open something, it takes several seconds and shows "waiting for response..." where I'm guessing it's trying to upload a copy of the PDF every time to who knows where.

I’m one of the zombies that needs to have my phone with me at all times now. This doesn’t feel natural.

As @Arkridge said, its about impossible to get away from at this point. I've just been lucky because A.) I grew up in a time without cell phones, and B.) I've had the same employer for so long he knows I'm not going to use a cell phone even though everyone else I work with has one. So I'm just sort of the exception to the rule when it comes to cell phones. Even my wife, who obviously has a smart phone, thinks I'm nuts. She's worries what will happen when I'm driving around in BFE and the car breaks down and I have no phone. I just reassure her that everything will be fine lol.

I've literally had to grab her phone in a restaurant and put it in my pocket.

tbh i thought opie was, idk, exaggerating or something.

but i literally just logged in, and facebook played this video using my pictures bc it's the day i joined facebook back in 2012.

and one of the pictures is one that i've literally never uploaded to facebook ever???

uhhhh wtf man???

Back