Coming off quick win over Aaron Pico, Zach Freeman meets Saad Awad at Bellator 186

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
A lightweight bout between Freeman and Saad Awad has been booked for Bellator 186 at the Bryce Jordan Center at Penn State University in University Park, Pa., on Nov. 3, officials told MMA Fighting on Thursday.

“The Altar Boy” made waves in his first Bellator fight this past June at Madison Square Garden when he needed just 24 seconds to submit highly vaunted prospect Aaron Pico with a guillotine choke. Freeman improved his pro record to 9-2 with the upset victory and he now goes from an opponent with almost zero MMA experience to one who has been competing for more than a decade.

The 34-year-old Awad (20-9) first fought for Bellator in 2009 and he has compiled an 8-6 record with the promotion, which includes notable first round KOs of Will Brooks and Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos. He is 2-3 in his last five outings.

Bellator 186 is scheduled to be headlined by light heavyweight champion Ryan Bader defending his belt for the first time against Linton Vassell. Former Penn State wrestling stars Phil Davis and Ed Ruth are also expected to be given opponents.

Good fight. Awad is always fun to watch. Hope he gets the W

I thought Freeman would fight a guy like Couture. Big step up.

Hope Freeman wins and gets a title shot next year.

Who is pico's TBD? Any rumours?

Saad throws down. It should be interesting. Rooting for Freeman.

Freeman should've been given an easier fight, IMO.

He should be Bellator's focus over the next couple of years. The way he threw a bitterness fit after the Pico win was incredible, and he could seriously become an attraction to see if he'll pull off upsets and then complain about all the people who didn't give him a chance afterward.

Logical step, I like freeman

Loved his response after the fight,
No ass kissing just blasted the haters

Saad is gonna knock this dude out. They should have definitely given him an easier fight but he wants the big fights.

At least he's still fighting on the main card.

Hoping Freeman wins

I'll always support one who derails Coker's hype trains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back