Comey.

150723-james-comey-jpo-500a_18fedec20ffef3fb4226c7fdced44951.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

Who is this guy?

What the fuck is he doing? Is he jedi or sith? I don't even get it.

I think he enjoys being the worlds biggest cockblocker.

He'll build up democrats one week, make them think he's finally going to bring down Trump. Blueballs them.

Then the next week, he does the same thing to the republicans.

And we both fall for it every time.

Why doesn't Trump fire him? I think he respects his Troll game.

I think he is proving to be a cunning political operator for the Republicans.

What did the Trumpers hate him for? Not charging Hillary. But what would that have achieved? It would have achieved the one thing that Hillary couldn't: passion. It would have inflamed the Democrats, and united them behind her. They were confused. They were squabbling. They were confident she was going to be their choice, but that confidence was being tested. Even Democrats were wondering for a bit, "Can Hillary even beat Bernie? Should she?" That question would have disappeared overnight if the Democrats felt a Republican intelligence chief was sabotaging their chance at the White House, and for what? Do we really believe it would have hurt her to be "under investigation" for something that everybody already knew she did? Especially when Pence was doing the same thing-- just "legally" (so it's totally okay, and only evil when a Clinton does it).

He comes out a week before the election and wounds Clinton mortally with a bizarre announcement about Abedin and her husband's laptop that really had nothing to do with Hillary, at all. What's more...it appears there is a good chance he knew that when he made the statement.

Now, with all of this "#resist" shit lingering, and the Democrats throwing tantrums daily since he won, he's cemented all of that anti-Trump fury, and all of its most potent attacks against him, into this one issue: Russia. What do we know about Russia? That both Morell and Clapper said our intelligence agencies were aware of no provable links to Russian government officials. There is so much smoke, here, that obviously something is rotten in the state of Denmark, but it seems quite credible that none of it will stick to Trump.

So what has Comey achieved-- if I'm correct and he's doing everything he can to aid his own party? He has seized authority over the narrative. He has made this trial the stage for whether or not Trump is a corrupt man. Of course, if Trump is innocent of the first, he isn't innocent of the second, but that isn't how public perception works. Just as sometime merely being on trial is enough to stain you with the suspicion of guilt, sometimes clearing someone of one charge is enough to clear them of the perception of guilt of a related charge (or many charges) for which they were not actually exonerated.

The man appears to be possibly the most brilliant political operator we have on our American stage today. Of course, none of the above applies Occam's Razor. This borders on a CT strategy of thinking. The simplest answer appears to be that he is true Lawman and he simply wants to maintain some semblance of integrity within his own sector of government.

So what has Comey achieved-- if I'm correct and he's doing everything he can to aid his own party? He has seized authority over the narrative. He has made this trial the stage for whether or not Trump is a corrupt man. Of course, if Trump is innocent of the first, he isn't innocent of the second, but that isn't how public perception works. Just as sometime merely being on trial is enough to stain you with the suspicion of guilt, sometimes clearing someone of one charge is enough to clear them of the perception of guilt of a related charge (or many charges) for which they were not actually exonerated.

The man appears to be possibly the most brilliant political operator we have on our American stage today. Of course, none of the above applies Occam's Razor. This borders on a CT strategy of thinking. The simplest answer appears to be that he is true Lawman and he simply wants to maintain some semblance of integrity within his own sector of government.

I disagree

in fact, I think it's personal. his own party played him for a fool, pressuring Comey to reopen his investigation into Hillary's e-mails. they used him in order to influence the election

now he's back with a vengeance

I disagree

in fact, I think it's personal. his own party played him for a fool, pressuring Comey to reopen his investigation into Hillary's e-mails. they used him in order to influence the election

How did they "pressure" Comey to do that, exactly? What internal Washington politics at this top clearance level are you privy to that the rest of us are not, and how?

How did they "pressure" Comey to do that, exactly? What internal Washington politics at this top clearance level are you privy to that the rest of us are not, and how?

Dont interrupt the Tom Clancy novel he's got running in his mind.

multiple sources have mentioned the pressure on Comey to reopen the e-mail investigation

James Comey revived the investigation of Clinton's email server as he could no longer resist mounting pressure by mutinous agents, sources say
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mped-chance-reopen-Hillary-investigation.html

"I'm not part of it at all. All I heard were former FBI agents telling me that there's a revolution going on inside the FBI and it's now at a boiling point" - Rudy Giuliani

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...e_the_fbi_and_its_now_at_a_boiling_point.html

as to how, who knows.

but whoever was involved in the Podesta hacks obviously wanted the case to be re-opened

I disagree

I think this is a possibility too the whole thing with the Hillary letter could have been not only political pressure but also pressure from his own people in the FBI. A lot of these law enforcement types tend to be GOP.

I think by that point in time he was more concerned with foreign interference in the election and how bad that makes him look than Hillary wanting to do work from home.

The hearing was supposed to be about Russian interference in the election and all Gowdy wanted to talk about was leaks from the intelligence community.

Those are two separate issues, understand?
Those were Gowdy's marching orders are hack-supreme and deflect from the Russia info. Also remember Gowdyt not caring about leaks during HRC's investigation?

Those were Gowdy's marching orders are hack-supreme and deflect from the Russia info. Also remember Gowdyt not caring about leaks during HRC's investigation?
what would you have hime do recommend charges for podesta for the dnc leak?
everyone knew the source of the leaks then, podesta gave his password to a gmail account, not a government account, not on a secured system, exactly what everyone feared would happen from using private accounts and servers happened. As well as a staffer feeding emails....likely the dead staffer

no we have top level government officials unmasking classified information from an active intelligence investigation ,(likely from the obama administration according to Gowdy) the two aren't even in the same solar system as far as comparisons go

as long as it wasn't hillary's fault I don't care

what would you have hime do recommend charges for podesta for the dnc leak?
everyone knew the source of the leaks then, podesta gave his password to a gmail account, not a government account, not on a secured system, exactly what everyone feared would happen from using private accounts and servers happened.

no we have top level government officials unmasking classified information,(likely from the obama administration according to Gowdy) the two aren't even in the same solar system as far as comparisons go

Yeah, and that wasn't the topic of the hearing though.

The topic of the hearing was Russian interference during the election last year. Not intelligence leaks in the past month or two

The topic of the hearing was Russian interference during the election last year. Not intelligence leaks in the past month or two
Flynn"s name was unmasked from the same investigation you claim Gowdy dismissed, that exactly what he grilled Comey over

yeah he should have ask Comey how Sessions was wire tapped in the same investigation months before the Fisa warrant was issued

Flynn"s name was unmasked from the same investigation you claim Gowdy dismissed, that exactly what he grilled Comey over

So you're saying we no one should have said anything about Flynn being a foreign agent for multiple foreign powers?

Do you think it's good for the National Security adviser to be a foreign agent?

So you're saying we no one should have said anything about Flynn being a foreign agent for multiple foreign powers?

releasing Flynns name from the investigation is a felony, whoever took classified information to the reporters is in deep shit, except that your man crush Comey is a bumbling fool

Flynn talking to a Russian ambassador is exactly what he was suppose to be doing....he didn't disclose it to Pence, that the ONLY reason this was ever an issue

multiple sources have mentioned the pressure on Comey to reopen the e-mail investigation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mped-chance-reopen-Hillary-investigation.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...e_the_fbi_and_its_now_at_a_boiling_point.html

as to how, who knows.

but whoever was involved in the Podesta hacks obviously wanted the case to be re-opened
Yes, I remember, I was there. Those sources mention nothing about political pressure from the Republican establishment. That was a matter of a rift within the agency itself. Comey was disappointed that he felt he was losing too many good agents over a matter of legal integrity. Even your stories offer nothing to substantiate that this was acute among agents of one party or the other.

Still waiting to hear how the RNC and the Republicans within his own party pressured him to do this. Nothing to substantiate that from those Googles.

The most interested tidbit from those articles? This:
Edward Klein said:
As I revealed in my latest New York Times bestseller Guilty As Sin Obama said that appointing Comey as FBI direct was 'my worst mistake as president.'

releasing Flynns name from the investigation is a felony, whoever took classified information to the reporters is in deep shit, except that your man crush Comey is a bumbling fool

Flynn talking to a Russian ambassador is exactly what he was suppose to be doing....he didn't disclose it to Pence, that the ONLY reason this was ever an issue
Hilarious how you guys are so furious over whistleblowing leaks from government agencies now.

Quite a flip-flop, but that's par for the course with Trump and his supporters.

Hilarious how you guys are so furious over whistleblowing leaks from government agencies now.

Quite a flip-flop, but that's par for the course with Trump and his supporters.
funny I don't remember calling for podesta and the dead staffer to get whatever law they might have broke/punishment

You dodged my question.

Back