Coker targeting Netherlands show in early 2018

I called this. Going hard for mousasi now

Almost a sure thing that Bellator gets mousasi imo.

I wanna see if "mousasi doesn't sell arenas out" holds true.

Almost a sure thing that Bellator gets mousasi imo.

I wanna see if "mousasi doesn't sell arenas out" holds true.

Whether they get Mousasi or not I'm sure it will be a double even with Kickboxing since thats popular there.

Whether they get Mousasi or not I'm sure it will be a double even with Kickboxing since thats popular there.
Agreed. I've made this point in the past. Bellator kb is basically used to spear head Bellator into European markets. There are a lot of countries where kb is much bigger than mma or boxing

Mma and kickboxing show!!

Jorina Baars

Miusasi is the big fish they are going after right now

Agreed. I've made this point in the past. Bellator kb is basically used to spear head Bellator into European markets. There are a lot of countries where kb is much bigger than mma or boxing

Yep, like Italy cards, you got someone like Petrosyan they show up for and Sakara on mma side but kickboxing is much bigger in some of those markets and they help sell tickets.

According to his manager they havent started serious talks with UFC yet but unless he's demanding crazy shit I think he stays with UFC.

Dang Coker is turning things around... Bellator is shaping up. Good job!

Guaranteed. Pretty much the only real reason to go there is to build the kickboxing brand.

Mousasi vs Carvalho (if he still as a champ)
Manhoef retirement fight
Djamil Chan vs a winnable opponent
Maybe bring back Marloes for one last time....
And they will probably do a fight with 2 random half amateur chicks to... Probably one will be Dutch...
+ Bellator KB

Coker taking over the world. Would love to see Bellator achieve the international success the UFC couldn't.

They'll probably have Melvin in a farewell kb figh
Mousasi vs Carvalho (if he still as a champ)
Manhoef retirement fight
Djamil Chan vs a winnable opponent
Maybe bring back Marloes for one last time....
And they will probably do a fight with 2 random half amateur chicks to... Probably one will be Dutch...
+ Bellator KB

agree for the most part. I could see mousasi jumping over to bellator and getting an immediate title shot. No reason to have Rafael waiting tho. They should have him defend the belt against salter sometime in September or October. If they sign mousasi, have him fight for the belt against the winner of Rafael and salter.

Melvin is at the end of his rope. I would give him a retirement fight to headline the kb portion of the event. No need for him to compete in mma.

You also have baars for a kb bout. Baars vs a squash.

kielholtz on kb

Chan vs a squash

They have the names for a decent holland card.

Coker taking over the world. Would love to see Bellator achieve the international success the UFC couldn't.

I'd say the UFC has done a pretty good job at being a global brand.

They have slowed down over the last few years with the shows in many markets but a lot of that had to do with them taking a different approach. Basically the UFC now uses live shows/TUF as way(carrot dangling) of helping get better TV deals and they really want support in these foreign markets as media contracts come up. Most of these foreign markets media deals the UFC gives them full access to all events for not a lot of money per a year. I believe Brazil is there second largest contract after the US at around 60 million but I think it gets reworked yearly depending on ratings as in 2009 they only reportedly paid $3 million but by 2012 pay was up to 60 million. Hell, Russia was only paying 500,000 annually on the Match TV contract that is being renegotiated right now. So one can only think many countries pay even less than that a year.

If that is what the by far leader in the sport is getting you got to believe many foreign Bellator TV deals pay very little. Good on Coker and Bellator trying these new markets and I hope they are taking an approach similar to the UFC and that is why these countries are getting events and not just for the sake of having event in Italy because they have some Italian fighters or whatever.

Hopefully Kielhotlz gets to execute one of those Russian kickboxers.

Back