Cody no love says he broke dominick

Cruz's ego is wayyyy to big to be broken that easily

Cruz needs no help breaking himself

lol @ "Cruz needs to change his style."

Losing one fight doesn't mean his style should be completely abandoned - It's one of the hardest styles to compete against in all of MMA. He just needs to make certain adjustments so that he can implement it a little better against Garbrandt the next time.

He didn't break Dom in the fight, nor after it. I just rewatched the fight. Dom won the last round, not exactly a fighter who was broken. The fight was a lot closer than people realize. Dom won 2 rounds and Cody won 3, but the only 2 really decisive rounds were the 4th and the 3rd for Cody. 1st was close.

If Cruz turned down the rematch its probably because he wants to work on his game before jumping back in there. Losing twice in a row to Cody would be terrible for him and he would have to work very hard to hopefully get a third crack at Cody if he were to remain champ for an extended amount of time. I'm guessing he takes winner of Cody vs TJ.

if you think he can't change his style to beat somebody at the age of 31 years old because he's too set in his ways. you are more of a moron than i thought

Lets stay classy. I do also think Cruz cant "adapt" to Cody. Because what he would need is punching
power. His whole style is built on touching the opponent with light punches to score and at contact being halfway at backing out so no one can connect. Now he has someone who is as elusive and backs that up with punching power. So he wont score more and gets hit the same with much more power than he can dish out. Cruz problem is that he cant stay in the pocket against nearly everyone.

I dont see him beating Cody no matter when and in a TJ rematch I would also heavily favour TJ
as how the fight played out when TJ fought to his strenghts. I do see potential in Cody and TJ to get even better at what they do. Cruz not because of his style. It benefits him as it limits him in his potential to evolve as a fighter.

Regarding the topic Dom was not broken in the fight. He fought till the end. Watch GSP vs. Penn 2 to see a broken fighter.

Last edited:
3 rounds to 2, if momentum swings just a little rd 1 cruz still has the belt.

Garbrandt fought a great fight, the patience the kid showed was phenomenal

Theres people calling him old and slow yet he's only 31. TJs actually older than him

Who has more mileage and who has more tread left on the tires?

Lets stay classy. I do also think Cruz cant "adapt" to Cody. Because what he would need is punching
power. His whole style is built on touching the opponent with light punches to score and at contact being halfway at backing out so no one can connect. Now he has someone who is as elusive and backs that up with punching power. So he wont score more and gets hit the same with much more power than he can dish out. Cruz problem is that he cant stay in the pocket against nearly everyone.

I dont see him beating Cody no matter when and in a TJ rematch I would also heavily favour TJ
as how the fight played out when TJ fought to his strenghts. I do see potential in Cody and TJ to get even better at what they do. Cruz not because of his style. It benefits him as it limits him in his potential to evolve as a fighter.

Regarding the topic Dom was not broken in the fight. He fought till the end. Watch GSP vs. Penn 2 to see a broken fighter.

Did Serra break GSP?

Well the guy got dropped 4 times. That combined with the constant mocking, outwrestling, outstriking and beating Dominick at his own game is pretty much a destruction.

honestly I think if Cody hadn't spent that much effort clowning him he really could have destroyed him. It was a sound win for sure. I will say I never gave Cody the chance of winning a decision and it was impressive.

Let's just say....it ended with @Dbreiden83080 getting a wedgie in front of all the cool kids

So the cool kids are the ones that talk shit about professional fighters that fought their butts off in a fight. I bet Dominic would've tossed you're behind in a locker.

The guy came back from like 4 career ending surgeries to beat TJ training only 4 weeks basically and with staph infection in a 5 round fight (probably the most technical fight in MMA history).

But you had a good night, beat him and you "broke" him? Maaan I can't wait to see this kid get KO'd.

So the cool kids are the ones that talk shit about professional fighters that fought their butts off in a fight. I bet Dominic would've tossed you're behind in a locker.

Your post makes no sense and Bluffton, SC is a shithole

Your post makes no sense and Bluffton, SC is a shithole

If it makes no sense I am guessing you must still be in middle school. Give me a call when you graduate. Making fun of where I live, oh my God how incredibly mature of you laughing my fucking ass off.

Dom has seen every side of MMA. He got beat up but he still has that champion mentality.

Cody won that fight, but it wasn't some blow out. Cruz won 2 rounds imo. His problem in the fight is for once he became predictable. He did the same things many times in the fight and it paid dearly. Not only do I think Dom wins the rematch but, I think he does it in Dominator fashion. He will rely on his wrestling much more in my opinion.

Whats he gonna do though? Change the style that he made a career on and what got him a belt? You cant change that especially at his age. He is the type of fighter he is for a reason. The fact that hes running around now trying to "change his style" proves he lost confidence because hes flat out admitting he cant beat cody the way he is. I think he wont even beat TJ in a rematch to be honest.
You have to be really ignorant to say that about one of the most intelligent fighters out there, with the highest fight IQ around. You're obviously a dipshit if you think he doesn't have a chance at this point. He's still young, and he can still improve. But once again, i'm sitting here talking to another spam shitposter with the typical join date of a Conor fan who just started watching MMA yesterday. Oh how wonderful it is that Conor created an era of fucktard fans who talk like they know shit because they've been watching since Conor became a thing...

Back