COD Black Ops 3 Official Thread v??? : Sherdog Hates COD Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never bring a Sheiva to a Vesper fight. Went 2-10 before quitting a match because the Sheiva sucked so many balls.

Never bring a Sheiva to a Vesper fight. Went 2-10 before quitting a match because the Sheiva sucked so many balls.

Hunted, Redwood, Infection, are my 3 sheiva maps. Can also use on Havoc and Fringe if you're so inclined, and lastly Metro for a challenge.

Put high caliber on it. Makes it a 1 shot headshot. You'd likely lose a lot of SMG battles close range but the high cal gives you a chance to instantly kill them

Can't play this anymore. Shut it off after 2 minutes. If I'm spamming bullets into someone's chest with an assault rifle at mid range I should not be losing the gun fight. The netcode sucks cock and I have no interest in this anymore.

The burst fire ars rule
Everything else is a distant second

I agree. The XR-2 is so good. I used to like the Man O'War too but now I just feel like the XR-2 is better in all scenarios. The M8 is kind of weird to me, a lot of times I feel like i should be killing people with it, but the 4th bullet doesn't connect or something

I keep mine a bit higher than default. I move it up one point at a time then when I adjust to that I move it up again. I'm not awesome though, I'm like a 1.5 KD or something. Some of the better players may have better suggestions.

I just moved mine to 6. I've been playing on 9-10. Lol, my KD is like 0.75

I noticed that moving the sights around while the gun is at-the-ready is hella slow, regardless of where you keep the sensitivity. The sensitivity seems to primarily affect when the gun is at your hip.

Open is the best. I switched mine from strict to open. It couldn't hurt, but I think that has more to do with which games you can join.
What you're describing is not a hit detection issue. I think this game actually has good hit detection. You've definitely got some sort of connectivity issue. It really does render the game unplayable.
You might want to try calling your ISP again (I know this is a hassle) and hope you get someone who understands gaming. It wasn't until I got a gamer that I was able to get my issues resolved. He could tell right away what the problem was when everyone else didn't have a clue.

I'll definitely try again. I wonder if this time I should start by saying "Hello, are you familiar with online gaming?" and see how they respond? If they say "yes" I'll say "Are you a gamer?" and see what they say then. If they say no, maybe I'll ask if there's anyone they can transfer me to who specializes in gaming or is knowledgeable in gaming.

I have had a couple of times where during a game I'll get a symbol that pops up telling me to reconnect to the game. It's really weird because I can still move around, but all the other players freeze and I can't kill them. It's actually kinda cool because I can jump over the outer barrier of the map without tripping the warning. I can usually make it pretty far before the screen cuts to black (WAY out of bounds). But anyway, I wonder if this has to do with what you're saying? It's only happened to me like 3-4 times though.

I just moved mine to 6. I've been playing on 9-10. Lol, my KD is like 0.75

I noticed that moving the sights around while the gun is at-the-ready is hella slow, regardless of where you keep the sensitivity. The sensitivity seems to primarily affect when the gun is at your hip.
Stock attachment enables you to move the gun faster while ADS.

I'll definitely try again. I wonder if this time I should start by saying "Hello, are you familiar with online gaming?" and see how they respond? If they say "yes" I'll say "Are you a gamer?" and see what they say then. If they say no, maybe I'll ask if there's anyone they can transfer me to who specializes in gaming or is knowledgeable in gaming.

I have had a couple of times where during a game I'll get a symbol that pops up telling me to reconnect to the game. It's really weird because I can still move around, but all the other players freeze and I can't kill them. It's actually kinda cool because I can jump over the outer barrier of the map without tripping the warning. I can usually make it pretty far before the screen cuts to black (WAY out of bounds). But anyway, I wonder if this has to do with what you're saying? It's only happened to me like 3-4 times though.
That means you are currently not connected to the game in progress. I'm not sure what causes that though.

Can't play this anymore. Shut it off after 2 minutes. If I'm spamming bullets into someone's chest with an assault rifle at mid range I should not be losing the gun fight. The netcode sucks cock and I have no interest in this anymore.

hah. i had that happen to me earlier. But because all the maps are on ice they were sliding 10 ft foward which deflects bullets to the chest, they killed me. Because if you don't know, sliding on your knees and shooting is more accurate than in a still position. I hated that shit when Ghosts introduced it, still hate it now.

I've tried so hard to get into this game,but i can't. the lag is hideous,the guns are for the most crap. i've had enough of unloading half a magazine at some one and them killing me with 1 shot. another weird thing I've found,is when i get into a game its generaly near the end and I'm on the losing side,its playing havoc with my w/l ratio,not that it needs much help to be bad. as the guy above me said,i can't play it for more than 30 minutes.

this is by far one of the worst cods so far. nearly as bad as ghosts, but not quite there. the black ops brand has really plummeted.

i keep playing it though. i was playing tom clancy's rainbow six seige but jumped back to this 2 days ago.

one thing i do like is the argus shotty, that gun is pretty beast. actually all shottys cept the haymaker are good. but for the camos they should have made all shottys one hit kills to rank up instead of only the argus i think cant remember if there are any others that only require one shot kills to get camo upgrades.

Thank God I'm not the only one.

Stock attachment enables you to move the gun faster while ADS.

I just noticed that after the game is over, if I pause it, my ping jumps up to 400! But then during gameplay it goes back does to 30-60.

I agree. The XR-2 is so good. I used to like the Man O'War too but now I just feel like the XR-2 is better in all scenarios. The M8 is kind of weird to me, a lot of times I feel like i should be killing people with it, but the 4th bullet doesn't connect or something

Help me work through both of these guns.

I've used the XR-2 more but usually if you don't connect on the full burst you're toast (and even some times if you do). Will rapid fire make more of a consitent fire? I only use the gun on metro and that very rarely as I just am not good with it. What attachments (I run grip and high cal)

Now the M8. I've seen people wreck with it. I cannot. I just can't seem to make it work as just like the XR-2 and unlike the dredge, if you don't get the whole burst on someone you are finito. Rapid fire high cal?

Dredge> all burst ARs.

Help me work through both of these guns.

I've used the XR-2 more but usually if you don't connect on the full burst you're toast (and even some times if you do). Will rapid fire make more of a consitent fire? I only use the gun on metro and that very rarely as I just am not good with it. What attachments (I run grip and high cal)

Now the M8. I've seen people wreck with it. I cannot. I just can't seem to make it work as just like the XR-2 and unlike the dredge, if you don't get the whole burst on someone you are finito. Rapid fire high cal?

Dredge> all burst ARs.

XR-2 I am currently using ELO sight + High Cal +Long Barrel. I used to use Grip instead of Long Barrel, but I switched and can't tell much of a difference but I am assuming the Long Barrel makes it kill at further ranges with less shots so I keep it on.

If you aim for the chest/stomach area that is pretty much a guaranteed kill from short to medium range. Even aiming at the lower body/legs I'm pretty sure is a 1 burst kill from most ranges. Aiming near the top of the chest/their neck area will make the burst pop up for a headshot. Hold the trigger instead of pressing it each time (I used to keep pressing it becasue that's how it was in the older games). I do well with that gun on every map, it's definitely a bit easier to use on medium/bigger maps but even in small maps it's a 1 burst kill you just can't mess up if they are all in your face. I feel dirty using the gun as the M16 was OP in COD4 and the XR-2 feels as strong if not better than it.

Idk what to tell you about the M8. In theory I feel like I should be doing as well with it as the XR-2, but something about it makes me play inconsistently with it. Idk if it's how fast it shoots or what but a lot of times I can't connect with all 4 bullets in the burst and don't kill the enemy.

XR-2 I am currently using ELO sight + High Cal +Long Barrel. I used to use Grip instead of Long Barrel, but I switched and can't tell much of a difference but I am assuming the Long Barrel makes it kill at further ranges with less shots so I keep it on.

If you aim for the chest/stomach area that is pretty much a guaranteed kill from short to medium range. Even aiming at the lower body/legs I'm pretty sure is a 1 burst kill from most ranges. Aiming near the top of the chest/their neck area will make the burst pop up for a headshot. Hold the trigger instead of pressing it each time (I used to keep pressing it becasue that's how it was in the older games). I do well with that gun on every map, it's definitely a bit easier to use on medium/bigger maps but even in small maps it's a 1 burst kill you just can't mess up if they are all in your face. I feel dirty using the gun as the M16 was OP in COD4 and the XR-2 feels as strong if not better than it.

Idk what to tell you about the M8. In theory I feel like I should be doing as well with it as the XR-2, but something about it makes me play inconsistently with it. Idk if it's how fast it shoots or what but a lot of times I can't connect with all 4 bullets in the burst and don't kill the enemy.
Xr2 with long barrell must be unstoppable

When everything is a one hit kill, what difference does it make?
You can use them as a burst sniper rifle better at close range and mid range don't get me wrong I run the razorback and haymaker as well but I have the best success with those two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back