Crime Cocaine-laden Colombian Narco Submarines Are Bigger, Faster, and More Sophisticated Than Ever

I didn't even know civilians can buy submarines, i thought it was strictly military that was able to...but i guess when money talks then people will listen

I didn't even know civilians can buy submarines, i thought it was strictly military that was able to...but i guess when money talks then people will listen
I think if you have enough money, and you buy from a systematically corrupt country like Russia, you can get your hands on some serious hardware.

I think if you have enough money, and you buy from a systematically corrupt country like Russia, you can get your hands on some serious hardware.

i gotta find a way to get rich...always wondered what it was like owning a missle

Not all submarines in the market are mil-spec, and anyone can buy one if they have the money, just like surface ships. James Cameron has one.

That being said, the sub that the cartel almost got from the bankrupted Soviets was a Foxtrot that came with missiles, but they got fucked by the middle man who took their money and ran instead of wiring it to the Russian Navy.

Fun fact: when Russian currency became worthless, they began paying Pepsi with their rusty military hardware in exchange for soda:

THE LAST TIME RUSSIA’S ECONOMY TANKED, THEY TRADED PEPSI A WHOLE NAVY FOR SODA
By Alex Hollings | March 4, 2022

origin-4.jpg.webp

Soviet submarine in the Pepsi Navy
Just before the fall of the Soviet Union, the communist state was so desperate for Pepsi that they traded the American beverage company some 20 warships for a shipment of their sugary elixir.
In exchange for Pepsi’s soft drinks, the Soviets offered them a veritable Navy. Pepsi agreed to the deal, taking possession of a Soviet cruiser, a frigate, a destroyer, 17 submarines, and a handful of oil tankers — instantly making the drink distributor the owner of the sixth-largest navy on the planet.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/pepsi-navy-when-the-soviets-traded-warships-for-soft-drinks/

Last edited:
Not all submarines in the market are mil-spec, and anyone can buy one if they have the money, just like surface ship. James Cameron has one.

The sub that the cartel almost bought from the bankrupted Soviets was a Foxtrot that came with missiles, but they got fucked by the middle man who took their money and ran instead of wiring it to the Russian Navy.

Fun fact: when Russian currency became worthless, they began paying Pepsi with their rusty military hardware in exchange for soda:

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/pepsi-navy-when-the-soviets-traded-warships-for-soft-drinks/

What did pepsi do with all that?

What did pepsi do with all that?

Sold for scrap metal, like the article said.

Before the soda connoisseurs lament that Pepsi should have sailed their warfleet up the Chattahoochee and attack Coke's headquarter in Atlanta, keep in mind that Russian ships generally are in a state of barely-floating.

If the water pumps are shut off today, they will be at the bottom of the sea tomorrow.

Last edited:
Not all submarines in the market are mil-spec, and anyone can buy one if they have the money, just like surface ships. James Cameron has one.

That being said the sub that the cartel almost got from the bankrupted Soviets was a Foxtrot that came with missiles, but they got fucked by the middle man who took their money and ran instead of wiring it to the Russian Navy.

- I know someone akready said. But the ones here, are basically boats.
How crazy are those guys to work on a metal cascket?

Colombian navy seizes 20th "narco sub" of year, this one loaded with 3.3 tons of cocaine

By Kerry Breen | October 12, 2023

The Colombian navy seized a semi-submersible loaded with 3.3 tons of cocaine on Tuesday, marking the 20th such interception of a so-called "narco sub" this year, officials said in a news release.

The semi-submersible was intercepted while sailing in South Pacific waters, the Colombian Navy said. The cocaine found inside the vessel "was apparently intended to be sent to the coasts of Central America." There was enough cocaine found on board for about 8,000 doses, with an estimated value of more than $111 million, officials said.

Three men were also arrested. The suspects have not been identified, but are aged 57, 50, and 33. All three were "transporting the material aboard the illegal device," the navy said. The men "were captured for the crime of trafficking, manufacturing or carrying narcotics," the navy said, and have been "placed at the disposal of" the country's attorney general.

The vessel leaked water and "excessive toxic smoke" as the navy intercepted it on Tuesday, officials said. This led the navy to remove hundreds of packages from the vessel. The packages contained thousands of smaller packages, the contents of which were subjected to a preliminary identification test and found to be cocaine, according to the navy.

It's the third seizure of a vessel loaded with illicit drugs in less than a week, the navy said. On Monday, the navy seized two fishing boats carrying a combined 1.3 tons of cocaine. Just two days earlier, on Saturday, the navy seized about 1,737 pounds of cocaine from multiple vessels in the Colombian Caribbean.

Semi-submersibles — known as "narco subs" — like the one captured on Tuesday are popular because they can be used to elude detection by the coast guard and other authorities. They never go fully underwater, according to previous reporting by CBS News, and have been intercepted in Colombian waters or while heading to the United States or Europe.

The Colombian Navy has intercepted 20 such semi-submersibles in 2023, the navy said, leading to the seizure of 30 tons of cocaine and more than five tons of marijuana.

Ecuador Seizes Five Tons of Drugs from Narco-Submarine in the Galapagos

November 25, 2023

The Navy found a narco-submarine, carrying five tons of drugs, during an operation in the Galapagos. There are three prisoners.

A narco-submarine, containing at least five tons of drugs, was found by the Ecuadorian Navy in front of Galapagos beaches this November 24.

There are three prisoners, all foreigners detailed by the Police, and the drugs were intended to be sent to Central America and the United States.

He said that the discovery of the ship happened during a sea operations in the Exclusive Economic Zone of the Island area.

According to information from the Armed Forces, the semi submersible has a fiber hull with a length of about 12 or 15 meters.

It was built with very low cover and almost flat so it barely protrudes a few centimeters from the top.

The only higher element of the deck is a cabin with a small window where the pilot sits to steer the boat, all with the aim of navigate stealthily on the water level almost indifferent.

This is not the first time that Ecuadorian authorities have found submarines used for this drug smuggling.

On October 3, the Armed Forces found another semi-submersible in the waters of an archipelago of San Lorenzo Esmeraldas, which is also used to transport drugs.

Maritime traffic through speed boats, semi-submersibles, and artisanal fishing vessels is part of the logistics in which narco criminal groups operate in Ecuador, according to the Organized Crime Characterization Report.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back