Coal Miners Who Voted "Trump" Now Begging to Keep Obamacare

You liberals realize that Obamacare doesn't mean "All the healthcare in the country" right?

Sounds like the source website name is something you relate to, TS.

Apparently what sucks worse than having black lung, is being stupid enough to vote for the guy who is going to repeal the law that forced insurance to cover your black lung. #maga

https://www.theblackloop.com/2016/12/30/coal-miners-who-voted-trump-now-begging-to-keep-obamacare/

hqdefault.jpg

Two responses in from conservatives and nether address the story.

...make that 3.

Deductible is too large to make it practical. A better solution (to socialized medicine, at least for workers) is getting it through the free market. Article seems to be more of an opinion piece. Check this out though.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/26/obam...ise-for-2017-along-with-monthly-premiums.html

I mean, the president essentially ran on "free healthcare". Campaign was basically that of an insurance salesman.

If you'll notice, this thread is actually about the Manchurian candidate who replaced Trump.

Hope they lose it and some of them die for being stupid. Yet they will blame democrats anyways.

And just for the record, I think Obamacare should be repealed and Medicare should be offered as baseline insurance to everyone. Those who want to purchase most expensive programs on the free market can.

But repealing Obamacare with no replacement is an awful idea.

"Immediately, what we're saying, is we're not going to pull the rug out from under anyone. There's not going to be any changes in 2017. There's not going to be changes in 2018," Rep. Chris Collins (R-NY), the transition team’s congressional liaison, said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

"Those products have already been approved by the state insurance agencies, or for the 2018 time, are in negotiation right now," he went on, saying new plans won’t be available until “2019 or later.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/chris-collins-trump-transition-no-changes-obamacare-until-2019

Don't worry. Trump is gonna wait a few years to scrap it.

Let the free market compete against a government option and lets see who wins. Why the fuck not?

Have the US government, offer its own health insurance that you can pay for, and let others opt out and go free market.

(hint: the free market options will continue to skyrocket while the government uses its collective bargaining power to bring costs down)

why are coal miners on obamacare? shouldnt they have employee health insurance? employers would be responsible for their black lung programs, not obamacare...

I'm not a coal miner, why should I pay for black lung programs? There are many itemized insurance benefits that I pay for and shouldnt be forced to.

"Immediately, what we're saying, is we're not going to pull the rug out from under anyone. There's not going to be any changes in 2017. There's not going to be changes in 2018," Rep. Chris Collins (R-NY), the transition team’s congressional liaison, said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

"Those products have already been approved by the state insurance agencies, or for the 2018 time, are in negotiation right now," he went on, saying new plans won’t be available until “2019 or later.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/chris-collins-trump-transition-no-changes-obamacare-until-2019

Don't worry. Trump is gonna wait a few years to scrap it.
Yeah, until after midterms, I am sure.

why are coal miners on obamacare? shouldnt they have employee health insurance? employers would be responsible for their black lung programs, not obamacare...

I'm not a coal miner, why should I pay for black lung programs? There are many itemized insurance benefits that I pay for and shouldnt be forced to.
If you read the article I posted, it explained this.

Before Obamacare a coal miner would have to prove conclusively that he got black lung ONLY by working at a coal mine, and the local judges and arbitrators would always rule against them based on the standard of proof.

Obamacare made it so that coal companies had to prove that employees DID NOT get black lung while working for them.

Basically, it flipped the burden of proof and people actually got coverage.

Back