Coach Kav on Pettis fight - "He absolutely could"...

Crazy how things change in this sport. Pettis was the man back in the day and Conor was a nobody. Now Conor has zero interet in fighting the guy.

UFCPoster185.gif
0OwMNYm.jpg
What are those creepy dolls on his chest? Is that Annabelle on the right?! Can you imagine having to stare that down in the octagon!
636375748745443454-XXX-ANNABELLE-MOV-JY-2961--67725108.JPG

Also, why would anyone want to have a coach when you could have a Sensei?!
steven%20seagal%20630-thumb-430xauto-54159.png

This sounds so fucking entitled. Reminds me of that rich kid that got no prison time for killing 4 people under the influence because of affluenza aka he doesn't understand his actions because he's so fucking rich and privileged.

"I can't take a tune up fight because I'm so special" Go fuck yourself

The only way Ferguson doesn't get Khabib next is if GSP wants the fight. I don't like the thought of Tony getting shafted again, but I think the UFC would be thrilled to put up a PPV that can do 7 figure buys that doesn't involve Conor.

Pettis is one of many lower-risk fighters that Conor could (and should) consider taking on. It would be wise to avoid grapplers (or Diaz III) like the plague right now. Pettis is a decent grappler, but I think Conor's strong enough and has good enough TDD to keep the fight standing if Pettis tries to panic wrestle if he's losing the stand up.

Personally, I would love to see a Perry/Conor fight. That would be epic for as long as it lasts with basically zero chance at wrestling coming into play.

Any really good striker would beat Conor easily. Ferguson, Pettis, Barboza, even Rafael dos Anjos with that very good mix game, would beat him. Conor is done, his only possible victory is fighting Nate or Aldo, nothing more.

R.I.P.

This interview is from last week, the fight was 10 days ago today but Connor is “obsessed” with the rematch? Make zero sense.

Kavanaugh also said he hasn’t seen Connor since the fight.

High risk low reward.

If anybody doesn't think that Conor has chance of losing to guys like Pettis, Lee and Barboza then they're deluded.

Then again. Conor vs Pettis and/or vs Barboza are dynamite fights to make.
He can beat Pettis and Edson, will lose to Lee

UFC is a business, Conor makes the most money for the business, so it's pretty simple.

I agree that it's lame but Conor Khabib 2 will be bigger than the first, those few strikes he landed in the third will be enough to hack together a promo.

Even as a fan of Conor (fight style) I'd rather see him face someone like Pettis before going back to face Khabib, while Khabib can face Ferg or Porier.

Conor needs to fight at least one other high level grappler before he ever sniffs Khabib.

DC alluded that though Conor was commendable in his TDD, Khabib has further progressions in his wrestling chain to go to. IMO, Conor taking on Kevin Lee is a win/win. If he wins, he'll have successfully bested a great grappler. If he loses, Kevin is on the upstream in terms of future contenders anyways. Plus Kevin will return the trash talk in kind.

What opportunities has Pettis been given that are comparable to Conor?

I think people are arguing that Conor gets things he hasn't earned. What has Pettis been given? He fought Michael Chiesa two fights ago lol
Exactly. Beat Chiesa then got thrown in with the #1 contender (more of a champ than Khabib) Tony Ferguson. Was going to get an immediate shot at Aldo before the Benson fight and got an interim title fight at 145lbs against Holloway after winning 1 fight (following 3 consecutive losses at 155). They keep putting him against interim champs and #1 contenders after he gets 1 win over a mediocre fighter. They wanted him to step in against Khabib in Tony's place as well.

Conor needs to get in line.

Dude is spoiled beyond belief.

Title shots out the ass for this guy....

Fucking earn one.

Only one he earned was at FW and he didnt give the FW GOAT a rematch.

What makes this dude so special?

It pains me that people ask these questions seemingly not knowing the answer. You don’t know?

Conor Gaethje is the fucking easiest fight to book right now i dont know why they dont do it. Conor either clean kos gaethje or get ktfo himself.

Both Pettis and Conman are quitters.

If Pettis makes it past the 3rd round he wins the fight. Conman can't fight more than 2 rounds. Did you see his striking in Round 3 vs. Khabib? LOL, pillow fists

I say book the fight.

I guess you could argue that he's a victim of his own ego. He seemingly feels compelled to immediately rematch his losses. But in terms of money, I think Conor could fight pretty much anyone on the roster and rake in huge ppv numbers.

I think Conor's best bet would be to take 2 or 3 favorable fights against top 10-15 LWs (i.e., strikers like Pettis, Gaethje, Iaquinta, Vick). Assuming he waxed those guys, they could play up the comeback angle, and his star would shine even brighter than it does now.

Conversely, if he insists on fighting Khabib or Tony and gets dominated again, a fair amount of his casual appeal would go the way of the dodo bird.

Is that a typo?

Everyting else sounds accurate.
Even if conor gets his immediate title rematch, I really hope the do khabib vs Tony while conor is just inactive.

The build up is there
But chiesa is now at WW i guess

I'm sick of Conor getting instant rematches just because he is "obsessed", where is Aldo, Eddie, or Dustin rematches? he needs to fight Gaethje or Lee to earn his TS, let him work his way up

Back