CM Punk's right uppercross: Amateurish or Innovative?

GraveyardFilla

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He's apparently been refining this unconventional technique for a couple years now. Probably would be safer to move the fight to an outdoor venue in case one of those gets thru Saturday night. Jackson might need to be airlifted to a medical facility.

tumblr_obo4f8iRfP1qd4esao2_r1_500.gif

giphy.gif

remember when ufc nutthuggers would complain abt pride freak show fights? lol

zuluzinho would have ate this guy

The guy is just not athletic at all. Like, not even a little bit. Would love to see him get the W, though, if only cuz he's obviously trying so damn hard.

It's retardation, you can see how he can't even reach the guy with the punch and also gets countered with a jab. A decent striker would absolutely take his head off with a check hook.

Its especially deadly in MMA against wrestlers ducking in to shoot for a takedown. It also reminds me of Sendo's smash because if it lands... Night night sleep tight, dont let the bed bugs bite.
073ff14d41b359ee374bb271fc4435e27913f218_hq.gif

I'd much prefer a PRIDE style squash match like Ngannou vs. CM Punk compared to Punk vs. Jackson. At least with Ngannou vs. Punk you get your money's worth.

deadly

a trap

it's a set up for a deadly leg/body kick

It has no power. I could eat that all day.

Speaking of, Zulu just got his ass kicked the other day in his first fight in like 8 years

He's begging to be KO'd if he throws that in a fight.

i wanna see jackson beat the shit out of him.

Zuluzhino is probably of a comparable skill level. He's just a huge fatty. (inb4 "his father wuz a vale tudo legend")

Looks like something that could be an effective tool against a wrestler that’s not a good striker. That could be why he is punching like that to keep his hands low to defend takedowns. Problem is I don’t know how much force he is going to generate with that and it leaves the head wide open. There is a reason the jab is still to this day very effective.

"Right uppercross" LOLOLOL. What a joke.

I mean I was kinda impressed when he picked up the 500 pound Big Show on his shoulder in WWE. But bah gawd he sucks at MMA. Jackson is an actual kickboxer

up there with some of the bum moves conor tried against floyd.

Back