CM Punk is a White Belt

Waylon Mercy's finisher was the Rear Naked Choke back in 95. He might be black belt by now.
Picture+27.png
Know What I Mean?
images

I forgot he was so tall. He was rumored to play Kane, but his body was too beat up at that point.

That's because Gracie belts are real, Gracie blue belts regularly sub strip mall five finger MMA gym black belts.

you realize you can get a blue belt in gracie jiu jitsu without ever even stepping foot in their gym right? Ask Rener all about it

I think that he's a legit black belt. Badass indeed.

He's been doing BJJ for ages and he is a legit BB. But just remember he is old and not every BB is going to be Marcelo Garcia.

Ed O'Neil was an undrafted free agent signing by the Pittsburgh Steelers. Who knows. In a different time and realm, he combines his A-level athleticism together with Gracie BJJ to be a Fedor-like fighter.

Wait... is that supposed to be the old Lion Tamer from WCW?

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED WHY IS IT A SIMPLE BOSTON CRAB NOW ?

tIWVd.gif

I think the Liontamer has always had moments where it ended up looking like a regular Boston Crab. Probably fatigue, laziness, or poor communication between the workers.

So you think someone who posts on sherdog has more ability than a guy training everyday in a top camp? lol

Thats my point, we both have no clue what these members do in their life. There are many athletes posting here and amateur fighters , or retired fighters. An average talented martial artist who trains (and spars) 2x a week (there are many who do that) would be heavily favoured against Brooks. Really look at his footage. He has no coordinative talent to speak of. F.e. take any member who wrestled competitively in their youth. Give him some stand up and 1 or 2 submissions. In weeks he wrecks Brooks badly.

You had to do sports in your youth to develop the ability to adapt to a new sport. Brooks never did that.
Brooks would equally suck at starting to do track, swimming..etc. He is just not talented in sports.

Joke fail

Not really.

He's got losers online obsessing about it. Wh
Thats my point, we both have no clue what these members do in their life. There are many athletes posting here and amateur fighters , or retired fighters. An average talented martial artist who trains (and spars) 2x a week (there are many who do that) would be heavily favoured against Brooks. Really look at his footage. He has no coordinative talent to speak of. F.e. take any member who wrestled competitively in their youth. Give him some stand up and 1 or 2 submissions. In weeks he wrecks Brooks badly.

You had to do sports in your youth to develop the ability to adapt to a new sport. Brooks never did that.
Brooks would equally suck at starting to do track, swimming..etc. He is just not talented in sports.

Not talented in sports?

What sports have you seen him compete in besides one quick fight with little experience? You are full of shit and you give way too much credit to nerds online that train twice a week.

My gym is like that too...I'm still a 0 white belt no stripes and I sub blue belts easily from other gyms. I kind of frown upon giving a belt too soon. Its not about machismo rather if you read the guidelines to what entails a blue belt, etc you will know if you are a true blue-black belt.
Most modern mcdojos simply go based on time and membership fees paid. I went a few times with a friend and realized the whole pay for your belt system wasn't for me.

So you think someone who posts on sherdog has more ability than a guy training everyday in a top camp? lol

I mean Punk throw punches like shit and he's super amateur but everyday he trains he's going to get a little better with technique, confidence etc. Learning from his mistakes.

He's not training at Joe Blow's gym in bumfuck nowhere. I'll take Punk over someone who posts in an MMA forum everyday.
Half the Platinum Nation would whip his ass.
CM Punk has actually mentioned that whenever he is rolling anywhere that isn't his norm' he'll wear the white belt out of respect.
If you are higher than white, that's called sandbagging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back