CM PUNK: "If it was up to me, I'd be the first fight on fight pass"

Omg wtf someone posted this earlier, you must be a casual cant believe you werent on here all day to see it ffs

Context for us who don't follow CM Punk's career please.

Fuck off with your fake humility, Brooks.
If you genuinely felt that way, you wouldn't be entering contract talks asking for $1-2million per fight basic salary. If you really felt that way, you'd have approached the UFC and asked for a regular contract offer, and accepted $20/20k if it was offered.

Yea but I’m pretty sure he won’t like getting paid like he’s on fight pass. Fuck off with this joke already. I hope he’s done at 225 win or lose

If you genuinely felt that way, you wouldn't be entering contract talks asking for $1-2million per fight basic salary. If you really felt that way, you'd have approached the UFC and asked for a regular contract offer, and accepted $20/20k if it was offered.

Yea lets fight for a free Labrada instead of a million. Makes total sense!

He's not a fighter. Not only does he have no fighting talent, he has zero fighting heart. If he was a real fighter he'd start from the bottom, instead he uses his fame to be where he's now.

Kid, you'll grow up and will understand the actual meaning of money in your life.

Wtf? Why would he fight for less then he's worth? That's not humility, it's ignorance.

fighters should make more money

fighter makes money

He should of fought for next to nothing ......hes so fake

Yea lets fight for a free Labrada instead of a million. Makes total sense!
By his logic anyone who wishes for a job better than fast food is arrogant. Try to get paid what you can.

tenor.gif

Honestly CM Punk always seemed like a decent guy with a genuine appreciation for the sport. I understand fans getting upset at the situation but I feel bad going after Punk for it.

Last edited:

Lorenzo approached Punk with the offer, not the other way around
lorenzo admitted this

His job is to increase PPV sales, the actual fighting is largely irrelevant.

That said, he seems like a decent guy so good luck to him, just sucks that he's taking a spot on the main card away from someone who is more deserving from a fighting, rather than an 'entertainment spectacle', perspective.

Back