Closing All of the Windows in the Winter ...

If they close the windows again, start filling the room with uppercuts. The room will get so full that they will be dying to open a window to let all the uppercuts out.

try living in minot, north dakota in January. crack those doors open even an inch. not only will it be zero degrees in there, but you will also have a classroom full of snow in a couple minutes

Torturinng? I'm saving them from sitting in a room of stale, virus infected, incubated air.

I'm saving them from their own ignorance. Being cruel to be kind.
sorry i misunderstood... so kinda like a tough love kind of thing then?

All this temperature talk reminds me of this:

Hilarious!

sorry i misunderstood... so kinda like a tough love kind of thing then?

I just think it's gross to breathe in stale, virus incubated air that has been through the lungs of 20 other people in the room multiple times ... OPEN THE WINDOW FFS.

Not only that, but we use a chalk board and chalk ... I don't want to be breathing in chalk dust either.

If you are cold, wear a jacket/sweater. I had a student walking around with only a shirt on and he wasn't even wearing socks ... and he was closing the window and complaining about being too cold ... I was like, "MF'er put some layers on!!".

I just think it's gross to breathe in stale, virus incubated air that has been through the lungs of 20 other people in the room multiple times ... OPEN THE WINDOW FFS.

Not only that, but we use a chalk board and chalk ... I don't want to be breathing in chalk dust either.

If you are cold, wear a jacket/sweater. I had a student walking around with only a shirt on and he wasn't even wearing socks ... and he was closing the window and complaining about being too cold ... I was like, "MF'er put some layers on!!".
It's winter dude. Bruh should have socks on, but indoors he shouldn't necessarily need to wear a jacket either. What are the temps like where you are teaching?

It's winter dude. Bruh should have socks on, but indoors he shouldn't necessarily need to wear a jacket either. What are the temps like where you are teaching?

It's not even that cold ... it's still 12-16 degress celcius here.

There has been a drop in temperature, so it "feels cold", I guess.

I'm not advocating completely opening all of the windows, but whenever I see condensation on the windows, I know that the air is stale as a MF'er.

There is a comprimise.

It's not even that cold ... it's still 12-16 degress celcius here.

There has been a drop in temperature, so it "feels cold", I guess.

I'm not advocating completely opening all of the windows, but whenever I see condensation on the windows, I know that the air is stale as a MF'er.

There is a comprimise.
Gimme a sec gotta google search celcius to fahrenheit conversion before I can respond...

57 degrees fahrenheit... still a tid bit nipply.

You need to take one for the team, I'm sure its hard enough to get students to actually want to listen don't put drivel, don't add another external factor to distract them.

I think I made this thread last year, but this shit gets on my nerves. Whether it's in my classrooms or on the bus, everyone keeps closing all of the windows as soon as it gets even a little bit cold, so much so that there is condensation on the windows and stale air ... It's f**king disgusting!!

You are breathing in other peoples' breath, most of which is full of bacteria and viruses ... and they wonder why they always get colds and illnesses .... I NEVER catch colds. I started my new job 2 years ago and have had ZERO days off.

I always open the windows when I teach, only to turn around and the windows are closed again because one of my students closed it behind my back ... "It's cold teacher!!" ... f**king pussies! I want FRESH f**king air.

I don't want to breath in your shitty, stale, virus contaminated air, just because you want to be a couple of degrees warmer ... put a jacket and a sweater on!!, for crying out loud.

FTR, I 'didn't actually call my student a pussy, but I wanted to. I calmy and carefully explained that the condensation on the windows is a result of everyone's breath and that if one student has a virus or bacterial infection and is coughing and sneezing ...that YOU are breathing in that stale air which is being incubated by this room.

Cliffs:
- made this thread last year
- students keep insisting on closing all windows when it gets cold
- stale air is gross and full of viruses and germs
- I like fresh air.

Here is a potato!

sorry.jpg

Please dont go on a mass shooting spree now. Do you remember what just happened in Vegas?

i work at a school for students with autism and other developmental delays. i get to clean up all kinds of messes, ill let you use your imagination and whatever the worst case scenario you can come up with is, my daily struggle is even worse. i dont think the air is my main concern any more. on the positive side, after being sick for teh first 3 months i worked there, i havent been sick one and i can literally eat the leftovers off their plate when they are scneezing and cauginh all over and im good to go the next day. i have an immune system like you wouldnt believe now, its pretty rad.

Aren't you the guy dating the 20 year old? One of your students?

Sounds like you need a day off man...

Although if you're a teacher you shouldn't brag about not taking days off. You get 100 each year.

I'd prefer to have the windows open but god damn it sucks when it's below zero here. Even just cracking a window would turn my place into an ice box

Some how I get the feeling you are talking about sex...

I hate it too, the air inside becomes disgusting, need at least some air flow.

You use a chalk board? I haven't used a chalk board in almost 20 years and I haven't even used a white board in 10 years.

Tell your school to come into the 21st century.

Back