Claudia Gadelha vs. Carla Esparza Added to UFC 225 in Chicago

Who Wins?

• Total voters
The new boobs will make for a tougher cut for Claudia. Not to mention the boobs seems to be an immense distraction for her, curious to see how focused she comes to this fight.

Give my vote to Carla.

I'm expecting Claudia to send more skittles flying about the octagon.

Well yeah I said the only reason she lost was because she gassed (she was flawlessly out striking Andrade before that).

However the only reason she DID gas was because she didn't train for that fight/take Andrade serious. We already seen her cardio drastically improve in the Casey fight which was her first fight since moving to the US to train. I don't think her cardio is an issue if she trains and takes her opponent serious.

If her cardio was still an issue since switching camps she would've gassed in the Casey fight where she pushed the pace and wrestled her the whole fight. Gadelha learned her lesson to not underestimate her opponents and will go on to have the much better career. I don't see her ever losing again at 115, In fact the only woman I think that can beat Gadelha at 115 or 125 in the UFC is Valentina Shevchenko (Gadelha beats Joanna in the trilogy like she did the first fight).

Why in the fuck did she not train for a fight? Did she forget? Or think she was showing up for a mani-pedi? Dumbest shit ever.

So a professional fighter didn't train for a fight? She should retire then. What a joke. Can't believe you actually say that in her defense. How embarrassing.
Everyone makes mistakes. Just like how Jones didnt train for Gustaffson and nearly lost.

Unprofessional decision or not it was still the only reason she lost against Andrade, I didn't see any area where Andrade was technically superior at. Had Gadelha's cardio held up she would've continued to flawlessly out strike Andrade to a dominant UD.

Why in the fuck did she not train for a fight? Did she forget? Or think she was showing up for a mani-pedi? Dumbest shit ever.
Idk, ask her

I'd assume because on paper Gadelha was/is better than Andrade EVERYWHERE and it looked like a breeze in the park for Gadelha in both her eyes and the fans eyes, so why put in the money, time, and effort into putting an actual training camp together when you can just hit pads a few times a day and focus on making weight?

Not rocket science to know why a fighter wouldn't want to go through a grueling training camp for a fighter they think will be an easy win

Everyone makes mistakes. Just like how Jones didnt train for Gustaffson and nearly lost.

Unprofessional decision or not it was still the only reason she lost against Andrade, I didn't see any area where Andrade was technically superior at. Had Gadelha's cardio held up she would've continued to flawlessly out strike Andrade to a dominant UD.
This might be the single biggest bit of BS I have ever read. "Didn't train for a fight" lmfao.

Idk, ask her

I'd assume because on paper Gadelha was/is better than Andrade EVERYWHERE and it looked like a breeze in the park for Gadelha in both her eyes and the fans eyes, so why put in the money, time, and effort into putting an actual training camp together when you can just hit pads a few times a day and focus on making weight?

Not rocket science to know why a fighter wouldn't want to go through a grueling training camp for a fighter they think will be an easy win

Do you have a link to her saying she did not train?

It does not need to be rocket science. Taking a fighter so lightly you do not train for them is just fucking stupid. And thinking someone who had wins two weight classes higher is even more stupid.

This might be the single biggest bit of BS I have ever read. "Didn't train for a fight" lmfao.

First I have seen it. But yes, unbelievably stupid if true. And if not, even stupider to post.

Do you have a link to her saying she did not train?

It does not need to be rocket science. Taking a fighter so lightly you do not train for them is just fucking stupid. And thinking someone who had wins two weight classes higher is even more stupid.
Where did Gadelha's cardio go from the Casey fight? It's a known fact that your cardio can drastically decreases/increases in as little as a 2 weeks (even when in your peak physical state) depending on the amount/level of cardiovascular activities you are doing. Anyone in a strict training regimen/camp for an MMA fight is intensively training their cardio when they are sparring 3/5 rounds in addition to cardio specific training (which i'm sure Gadelha's team had her doing for the Casey/Karolina fight as her cardio WAS her main weakness before the Casey fight).

Also Joanna said herself she knew Gadelha took Andrade easy so she must have info we don't know.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10...re-for-jessica-andrade-fight-took-things-easy

It's mind boggling how you go from FLAWLESSLY imposing your wrestling/grappling over 3 rounds against someone without showing ANY signs of gassing and then gassing midway through the 2nd round of another fight not even a year later on the feet. Maybe a terrible weight cut? Sick? Idk Gadelha usually brags about making weight easy on social media before fights and said she wasn't interested in going to 125 in an interview before the Karolina fight.

All of this considered just leads me to believe she didn't take Andrade serious and therefore didn't train seriously. It's obvious that Gadelha is the better fighter when we compare their skills from a technical standpoint.

Where did Gadelha's cardio go from the Casey fight? It's a known fact that your cardio can drastically decreases/increases in as little as a 2 weeks (even when in your peak physical state) depending on the amount/level of cardiovascular activities you are doing. Anyone in a strict training regimen/camp for an MMA fight is intensively training their cardio when they are sparring 3/5 rounds in addition to cardio specific training (which i'm sure Gadelha's team had her doing for the Casey/Karolina fight as her cardio WAS her main weakness before the Casey fight).

Also Joanna said herself she knew Gadelha took Andrade easy so she must have info we don't know.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10...re-for-jessica-andrade-fight-took-things-easy

It's mind boggling how you go from FLAWLESSLY imposing your wrestling/grappling over 3 rounds against someone without showing ANY signs of gassing and then gassing midway through the 2nd round of another fight not even a year later on the feet. Maybe a terrible weight cut? Sick? Idk Gadelha usually brags about making weight easy on social media before fights and said she wasn't interested in going to 125 in an interview before the Karolina fight.

All of this considered just leads me to believe she didn't take Andrade serious and therefore didn't train seriously. It's obvious that Gadelha is the better fighter when we compare their skills from a technical standpoint.

Why did JDS's cardio go to shit against Cain but hold up against Carwin? Maybe because they are different fighters?

Why did JDS's cardio go to shit against Cain but hold up against Carwin? Maybe because they are different fighters?
Not comparable, in the Casey fight Gadelha was consistently imposing a grappling orientated game plan and constantly taking her down which is a lot more taxing on your cardio than striking is.

So we see Gadelha's cardio hold up while doing a much more cardio taxing activity but we see her gas doing a much less cardio taxing activity in less time. Just seems very weird. Only thing you can really accredit that to is the preparation of both fights.

She never flawlessly did anything. That is not something humans are capable of. Sorry if reality conflicts with your boldface and caps, as if that adds anything.

Joanna must have known - hearsay. Sorry, evidence of nothing.

I asked you for actual evidence. If this is the best you can do, either do the best of someone far superior to yourself or do not bother replying.

Not comparable, in the Casey fight Gadelha was consistently imposing a grappling orientated game plan and constantly taking her down which is a lot more taxing on your cardio than striking is.

So we see Gadelha's cardio hold up while doing a much more cardio taxing activity but we see her gas doing a much less cardio taxing activity in less time. Just seems very weird. Only thing you can really accredit that to is the preparation of both fights.

Well conditioned grapplers gas faster striking. Conditioning is both general and specific. See: sports science.

Also, Claudia was hit much harder and more often by Jessica, as well as being slammed. I am sure none of that ever affects cardio. Except it always does but you will ignore that to push your self-professed narrative.

It's also much more taxing on your cardio to try to take down an opponent who resists and actually throws you around and then punches you in the face and the body. Hard. And repeatedly. That's how she gassed against Andrade and she didn't against Casey, who offered much less counteroffensive.

You said some dumb embarrassing shit in this thread. Take this as sincere advice and not as the typical sherdog sarcasm. Stop investing yourself so much into fighters that you desire to have intercourse with that it makes you have irrational thoughts about their fighting skills, history-rewriting visions about what effectively happened in real fights, and ridiculous excuses when they come short (no pun intended). She didn't need any excuses for what happened. Making them up for her won't get you in her bed.

I’ve never asked for a tune up fight. I always want the biggest challenges as all my fans know but this one I’ve been wanting for so long and it’s finally happening. Let’s do this little girl!!
#hangry

You said some dumb embarrassing shit in this thread. Take this as sincere advice and not as the typical sherdog sarcasm. Stop investing yourself so much into fighters that your desire to have intercourse with them makes you have irrational thoughts about their fighting skills, history-rewriting visions about what effectively happened in real fights, and ridiculous excuses when they come short (no pun intended). She didn't need any excuses for what happened. Making them up for her won't get you in her bed.
You seem like a pretty angry/sexually frustrated individual to assume people's opinions regarding certain fights/fighters originate from their physical attraction to them.

Were you molested as a child to have such a mind set? It wouldn't be surprising after reading that weird/creepy paragraph of bizarre assumptions that fill that strange uneducated little brain of yours.

<KingstonFrown>

Last edited:
I'm rooting for Carla and I'm optimistic enough to pick her.
Claudia's last fight was very, very sad to watch.
Carla might very well outwrestle Claudia with her better cardio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back