Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Click Here to See War FAQ
New players: read the above before joining the clan. You are expected to understand these fundamentals before your first war. If you fail to draw out cc, for example, as one new member did in a recent war, then I KNOW you didn't read the FAQ above. I have tried to add as much video as possible from YouTube for teaching the basics because I know some don't learn well from reading.

Clan Name: JUST BLEED
Clan Icon: Red & Black
(black shield with a red "v" pointing down from the top)
Clan Description: "Sherdog's Official Clan"
Clan Type: Invite Only (we switch to "Closed" during war, but you can still join, read how below)
Clan Members: 43/50 total villages (39 discrete players)
War Record: 29-5
(+3-2-1 in voluntary sidewars)

Instructions for joining: We've had scum clans try to ghost us in the past, so we close during war (meaning you won't find us in a search). As a result, here is how you can join:
(1) Come here and post your CoC Account Name using your Sherdog profile in this thread. Once we see it, we'll open the clan to allow you to join.
(2) Send us a request to join in the game itself, and in the request, specify the name of your Sherdog profile name (i.e. "Madmick"). This way we can verify that the request is coming from you. That's it.
IMPORTANT: You have to look up the clan and request to join. Even if we know you're CoC name, the Leaders/Elders can't invite you unless you are a friend on our Google+ or iOS Gaming Network accounts, or unless you're in global chat.
*Special Note*: you cannot send this request until you have repaired your clan castle. This is a prerequisite to belonging to a clan. My advice for those who are leveling is to use archers and barbarians until you unlock the goblin, and then train nothing but goblins. Use your goblin horde to search and attack the villages you see with the most available loot and the weakest walls, or no walls at all. This is EXTREMELY effective up until you reach the Silver 3 bracket from trophies won because so many villages have plenty of loot and no defenses in these lower brackets. Many don't have walls even though they could. Winning attacks isn't important down here. Just loot. Get the loot, get your upgrades.

Clan Rules:
  1. Use both war attacks in every war (for consistency, we war 1x per week, on Saturday, starting at 2PM Pacific Time)
    Read my OP below, but this is essentially the entire reason I left my former local clan of IRL friends to form this new clan. I can't deal with IRL politics interfering with such a simple mission statement. This is something that is almost 100% under your control. The only valid excuse anyone ever had in my former clan, IMO, was my longtime friend who is a major in the army. Sometimes our military friends may not be able to access the internet securely. I'm sure there are other (extremely rare) legitimate IRL excuses for not being able to play, but the game takes very little time to actually engage interactively. Most of the waiting time doesn't require you to be interfacing with your phone/tablet at all. Playing the game is voluntary. Generally speaking, I expect every one of the clan's war attacks to be used in every war.
That's it. Otherwise, rules of Sherdog posting do not apply to the clan. It's a place to relax and talk shit. The only thing we take seriously is effort in war. You don't have to be a gaming wizard. We can teach you how to play. Beginners are welcome.

Members
Updated Member List 4/2/2015

Sherdoggers
Left=Sherdog Name; Right= CoC Name
  1. 44nutman=
    - (#1) schmidt20 [Lvl 79] (Elder)
    - (#2) 44nutman [Lvl 67]
  2. Aed = Apraxia [Lvl 103] (Elder)
  3. auger38 = auger38 [Lvl 71] (Co-Leader)
  4. berniesmack = berniesmack [Lvl 66]
  5. The Clinch = The Clinch [Lvl 87]
  6. ens189 = s309 [Lvl 89]
  7. Higus = Higus [Lvl 105] (Elder)
  8. Interloper = Lord Van Lier [Lvl 115] (Elder)
  9. Ironmonk80 = !ironmonk! [Lvl 60]
  10. jbass350z = Cygnus A [Lvl 91] (Elder)
  11. jmadtx = j. mizzy [Lvl 31]
  12. Kalitaur = Kalitaur [Lvl 81] (Elder)
  13. Leagon = Bushlion [Lvl 64]
  14. Lifer = Can Crushers [Lvl 101] (Elder)
  15. KingJames530= King James [Lvl 86] (Co-Leader)
  16. Madmick = Madmick [Lvl 91] (Leader)
  17. mushishi = samchun [Lvl 78]
  18. jmsoccer =
    - (#1) MF (Lvl 101)
    - (#2) Ebola (Lvl 55)
  19. odog=
    - (#1) odogogod [Lvl 110] (Co-Leader)
    - (#2) Niven [Lvl 104]
  20. OmegaBoy13 = EyeofOdin13 [Lvl 82]
  21. PEEAWEE = ..Peewee.. [Lvl 107]
  22. Pride23 = Pride [Lvl 81]
  23. RJ43 = rjw433 [Lvl 68]
  24. saiWa = saiwa930 [Lvl 87] (Elder)
  25. scarzi = Scarzi [Lvl 89] (Elder)
  26. scrubido = Carlos [Lvl 77] (Elder)
  27. Seven = Seven [Lvl 65]
  28. Stringer Bell = Q34 [Lvl 97] (Elder)
  29. Tachy= Tachy [Lvl 100] (Co-Leader).
  30. Ultrashogun = Biohazard [Lvl 65]
  31. WalkenWouldOwn = Wwo [Lvl 87] (Elder)
Non-Sherdoggers
  1. Camjin [Lvl 102] (Elder) --> Madmick's little brother.
  2. Espartaco420 [Lvl 72] --> NateS's friend
  3. Frost [Lvl 73] --> IRL friend of Tachy's
  4. NateS [Lvl 94] --> strubzizo's friend
  5. Redfox--> IRL friend of Madmick, Camjin, and Trae.
    (#1) Redfox [Lvl 102]
    (#2) Redfox1 [Lvl 96]
  6. Spencer [Lvl 75] --> Apraxia's son.
  7. Upbassright [Lvl 97] --> NateS's friend
  8. Wife of Many [Lvl 47] --> Seven's Wife

Inactive Members:
Inactive members are members who have left the clan, temporarily if they wish, because they cannot meet our rule for attacking due to IRL issues, or for some other reason. These members are welcome back at any time. If they were a Co-Leader/Elder, then they will resume that position upon re-joining.

-- Sherdoggers
  • carbonfistprint = corbin [Lvl 104] (Elder). Welcome back should he develop a thicker skin.
  • Carl Drogo = Bruce the Great [Lvl 80]. Lost his account when his Android device was wiped. If he can ever recover it he's welcome to join back.
  • Corona = Megadon. Left to be with small IRL clan of ~10 guys that wars constantly. Welcome back at any time.
  • CO68 = Carcosa [Lvl 75]. Welcome back whenever. He said he would take time to better develop his rushed TH9 base in preparation, and consider re-joining when he could be certain he could execute both attacks every Saturday war per our rule. We hope to see him back.
  • Cyke_out = cyke_out [Lvl 51]. Left while having massive network issues, but hasn't returned. Looks like he gave the game up, but he's welcome back.
  • Jballer. Said he went on hiatus in Clash when he realized the game hadn't been fun for him in 6 months. If he starts up again he should come join us.
  • Jerrylundergard = jerry [Lvl 37]. Not sure why he left. Probably needed to focus on development; maybe wanted to join a clan where he could get in some war practice without having to be bullied by villages two town halls above him.

-- Non-Sherdoggers
  • lolololololol [Lvl 80] --> scrubido's co-worker. Needs time to develop his rushed TH10 base.
  • mud [lvl 89] -- phenomenal player. 379 war stars. War junkie who hopped onboard for one war while his normal clan was on hiatus. Definitely wanted back if he ever finds himself in a place where he has to peel back that aggressive schedule.
  • Ro the Great [Lvl 65] --> King James' IRL friend. Not sure why he left. He wasn't getting much war practice because of his low trophies. May be seeking a clan for more active development and practice in the meantime.
  • Trae [Lvl 63] --> IRL friend of Madmick/Camjin/KingJames530, often brings his main "Trae Gray" account (Lvl 112?) over for weekend wars, too. He's currently got both accounts in two other clans of IRL friends, but he's always welcome to hop in for some war fun.

Last edited:
JUST BLEED (xx) <-----> Opponent (xx)

I'll (probably won't) update our defensive performance data after war.
JUST BLEED Defense
  • #1 Lord Van Lier --
  • #2 Apraxia --
  • #3 Tachy --
  • #4 lolololololol --
  • #5 the Clinch --
  • #6 Camjin --
  • #7 MF --
  • #8 Higus --
  • #9 Odogogod --
  • #10 Q34 --
  • #11 Scarzi --
  • #12 Upbassright --
  • #13 Redfox1 --
  • #14 NateS --
  • #15 Can Crushers --
  • #16 Niven --
  • #17 Cygnus A --
  • #18 Pride --
  • #19 King James --
  • #20 Noodle --
  • #21 Madmick --
  • #22 saiwa930 --
  • #23 Madmick --
  • #24 Wwo --
  • #25 EyeofOdin --
  • #26 Carlos --
  • #27 Bruce the Great --
  • #28 don key --
  • #29 schmidt20 --
  • #30 Kalitaur --
  • #31 Espartaco420 --
  • #32 rjw433 --
  • #33 auger38 --
  • #34 44nutman --
  • #35 Chef --
  • #36 Bushlion --
  • #37 seven --
  • #38 Biohazard --
  • #39 Trae --
  • #40 !ironmonk! --
KEY:
Green= Opponent 7+ ranks superior
Pale Green= Opponent 5-6 ranks superior
Yellow= Opponent 3-4 ranks superior
Light Orange= Opponent 2 ranks superior
Dark Orange= Opponent 1 rank superior
Red= Even Opponent
Purple= Inferior Opponent
- The rank of the opponent who notched the best attack is in parentheses to the right of the stars.
- The defenses are in brackets to the right of that (left number is successful defenses i.e. zero star attacks; the right number is total defenses i.e. how many total times that village was attacked).

Analysis:

Developmental Disparity?
  • TH10 vs. TH9 -->
  • TH9 vs. TH8 ---->
  • TH8 vs. TH7 ---->
  • TH7 vs. TH6 ---->
  • TH6 vs. TH5 ---->
    TOTAL=

Opponent
-- uncleared villages--
  • #1 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #2 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #3 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #4 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #5 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #6 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #7 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #8 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #9 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #10 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #11 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #12 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #13 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #14 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #15 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #16 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #17 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #18 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #19 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #20 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #21 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #22 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #23 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #24 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #25 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #26 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #27 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #28 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #29 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #30 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #31 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #32 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #33 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #34 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #35 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #36 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #37 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #38 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #39 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #40 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
    Razed:

JUST BLEED: Remaining Attacks
our remaining attacks: xx **their remaining attacks: xx**
  • Offensive Strategy

Targets:
    ------------------------------
  • #1 Lord Van Lier x2
  • #2 Apraxia x2
  • #3 Tachy x2
  • #6 Camjin x2
  • #7 MF x2
  • #8 Higus x2
  • #12 Can Crushers x2
  • #13 Redfox1 x2
  • #14 NateS x2

Targets:
  • #4 lolololololol x2
  • #9 Odogogod x2
  • #10 Q34 x2
  • #11 Scarzi x2
  • #15 Upbassright x2

Targets:
  • #5 the Clinch x2
  • #16 Niven x2
  • #17 Cygnus A x2
  • #18 Pride
  • #19 King James x2
  • #20 Noodle x2
  • #21 Madmick x2
  • #22 saiwa930 x2
  • #23 Madmick x2
  • #24 Wwo x2
  • #25 EyeofOdin x2
  • #26 Carlos x2
  • #27 Bruce the Great x2
  • #28 don key x2
  • #29 schmidt20 x2
  • #30 Kalitaur x2

Targets:
  • #31 Espartaco420 x2
  • #32 rjw433 x2
  • #33 auger38 x2
  • #34 44nutman x2
  • #35 Chef x2
  • #36 Bushlion x2
  • #37 seven x2
  • #38 Biohazard x2
  • #39 Trae x2

Targets:
  • #40 !ironmonk! x2

Last edited:
JUST BLEED (81) <-----> Polska (66)

JUST BLEED Defense
  • Will update after war (maybe, I've gotten lazy as we've gotten more proficient, and the CiC is really about organizing our offense).
KEY:
Green= Opponent 7+ ranks superior
Pale Green= Opponent 5-6 ranks superior
Yellow= Opponent 3-4 ranks superior
Light Orange= Opponent 2 ranks superior
Dark Orange= Opponent 1 rank superior
Red= Even Opponent
Purple= Inferior Opponent
FAQ: Generally the more "red alert" you get with this chart the more you have to worry, but it also depends on how many stars you gave up, obviously. For example, giving up three stars is never desirable, even if they're green, but if your base holds up until someone double digit ranks above you finally clears it, then that's almost certainly a better defensive performance than if someone hits you will 2 stars who dropped just 1-2 slots, or didn't drop at all. Context is king. The worst possible defensive performance, then, is if you give up 3 purple stars; conversely, the best possible defensive performance is if their best attack against you at the end of war is 0 green stars (or, alternatively, if they were too terrified to attack you). Please know, though, that I watch the attacks, and I know the difference between a well-constructed base that is dismantled by a highly skilled player versus a poorly designed base that performs well because, for whatever reason, only smacktards attack it (this is rare...good players exploit weakness because they're the most capable to identify it). Again, context is king.

Analysis (9:30 AM Sunday): Okay, so this is why we take clans seriously even if they look bad early in war. They've stormed back. Nonetheless, they're on the ropes. They've now used 11 more attacks than us as I write this, and they only have three attacks remaining in their Top #5, and just seven attacks remaining in their Top 10. Meanwhile, we have every single Top #7 attack of ours remaining except for Lier's first attack. Considering the desperation of their situation victory will almost certainly be guaranteed if our top guys simply bully out the remaining stars on the board from their #13-#20, and put some stars on #6-#8. Then just pick whatever fruit is possible from their Top #4. I highly doubt there is any possible way this war unfolds that they can notch enough stars to overcome our lead if we pile that on top of it. So let's play it out conventionally. Let's continue to clear the remaining lowest bases the best that we can with our lowest remaining attackers first so that the top guys only bully what they must. We got this.

Polska
-- uncleared villages--
  • #1 -- 0 stars {unattacked}
  • #2 -- 1 star
  • #3 -- 0 stars
  • #4 -- 2 stars
  • #5 -- 2 stars
  • #6 -- 1 star
  • #7 -- 2 stars
  • #8 -- 2 stars
  • #9 -- 2 stars
  • #10 -- 2 stars
  • #11 -- 2 stars
  • #12 -- 2 stars
  • #13 -- 2 stars
  • #14 -- 2 stars
  • #17 -- 2 stars
  • #18 -- 2 stars
  • #19 -- 2 stars
  • #20 -- 2 stars
    Razed: #15, #16, #21-#35

JUST BLEED: Remaining Attacks
our remaining attacks: 3 **their remaining attacks: 8** <-- another quitting clan of baddies

• Clearing Strategy
    Targets: your discretion at this point. Go get the easiest stars wherever you see fit. Slots dropped are inconsequential.
    -------------------------
    [*]#5 King McKenzie x2 --> my older brother, *sigh*...no exceptions. Booted.
  • #30 dirty D --> carried out a 60 troop "fuck it" attack. Apparently not good enough for King James who booted him. Take probation seriously, folks.

Last edited:
Oh, guys, I mentioned to Corbin in the chat a new tactic I'd been considering: I called it "Swapping".

So, let's say we have two members of our clan. One is a TH8, and one is a TH9. They may be separated by many ranks. Now, let's say that the straight-across opponent for each is very difficult. It's unlikely that they TH8 will clear his opponent, and it's unlikely that the TH9 will clear his. Ergo, they might score 6 stars if both pull of miraculous wipes, but generally, we would predict them to score 4 stars (2 stars each).

Instead, in this situation, I was thinking we could contemplate a swap. Let's say the TH8 guy looks up, and although he knows that he can't clear the TH9's opponent he thinks he has a stronger chance to put 2 stars on that opponent; a stronger chance than he would have of wiping his own opponent. Meanwhile, the TH9 feels highly confident that he can wipe the TH8's opponent. Thus, by swapping, we forfeit the possibility of six stars that are an incredible longshot in favor of a much more likely 5 stars: 5 > 4.

That's the idea. It could even be implemented in the clearing round with squad targets, not necessarily the first round. I thought we might keep this in the backs of our heads for future wars.

Last edited:
  • Axion= Hans. Left without saying why. Appeared to have a problem with enforcement of our sole rule. Probably won't be back, but he's welcome.
  • Bubble Bath = juhstin. Left while on probation for failing to use war attack. Didn't say if this was the reason. Welcome back, he was never booted.
  • CO68= Carcosa [Lvl 75]. Got freaked out by war when he realized how seriously we try to compete in that part of the game. Welcome back whenever. He said he would take time to better develop his rushed TH9 base in preparation, and consider re-joining when he could be certain he could execute both attacks every Saturday war.
  • Corona= Megadon. Left to be with small IRL clan of ~10 guys that wars constantly.
  • Cyke_out= cyke_out [Lvl 51]. Having massive network issues. Can't even play Destiny. Gamers purgatory. Will be back as soon as this is resolved.
  • ens189= s309. Left, didn't say why. Former clan was IRL co-workers. I think he found us too competitive when warring. Probably won't be back, but he's welcome.
  • Jballer. Left to join competitive clan with group of high-level friends. All are welcome to Sherdog whenever.
  • Pride23= Pride [Lvl 61]. Couldn't meet war obligations during the holidays. Said he would be back in three weeks.
  • Saiwa = saiwa930 [Lvl 75]. Same deal and time frame as Pride. Holidays.
-- Non-Sherdoggers
  • strubzizo [Lvl ??] --> Scarzi's friend. Left because of some spat between them. Welcome back at any time.

lol wtf?

Just noticed this list, I did say why I left in chat, have no problem with the rule.

Don't really see the point of these comments though.

lol wtf?

Just noticed this list, I did say why I left in chat, have no problem with the rule.

Don't really see the point of these comments though.
Oh, why did you leave? Nobody I asked could tell me why, and chat is temporary.

You're such a scrub.

I shit the bed this war. I am disappoint.
Yeah, that was pretty bad, LOL, but not a lot worse than I have been with both Madmicks this war. Easily my worst performance ever at TH8. So it goes. Our newbies are kicking ass for us!! I love it.

Kalitaur and Seven were like David Robinson and Tim Duncan back in the day: twin towers just shutting shit down at the bottom. So awesome.

Only redeeming quality I've had this war is clutching a one star defense.

Grats to Corbin on behalf of the clan from Odog, Tachy, and myself.

Apraxia told me about you guys and I'd like to join. I understand the war requirements and will participate weekly and donate troops. I'm still a bit of a noob at town hall 7 though. My CoC handle is the same as the forum username.

Thanks

Nice war guys. Going in I thought we were toast. I will never underestimate our crew again.

I wish I had gotten a real attack attempt against my new base other than 4 pekkas, 15 archers, and 3 dragons... is it safe to say that's not a popular army build? lol

All Just Bleed Do is Win.

Grats to Corbin on behalf of the clan from Odog, Tachy, and myself.

Thanks! I'll certainly try to be of help.

I'm interested in testing the "swap" concept -- I'll reach out to some clan members next war.

Also, with the new ability to hold three base designs, I have two experimental war base designs I'd like to test. So, calling out to Tachy: If you can still run dummy attacks on bases, the first design I want to try is set as my current village.

I don't know how difficult or time consuming it is to run these attacks, but if I could, I'd hit it with dragons, hogs, baloonian, gowipe, and gowiwi and see how it held up against each. My last warbase was overrun by hogs, something I thought I'd designed against but I guess not.

In fact, I had an extremely poor showing last war and am going to put some effort into improving both offensively and defensively. Great war though. Thanks again!

...and welcome, Mike! You're going to have fun.

Last edited:
Carbon, you making anderson silva money now? :icon_lol:

Over the last couple of months, I've been making a lot of progress on my base's defensive buildings, and it's really starting to pay off. I haven't had a real bad loss in non-war raids for quite some time. In fact, I think it would be very difficult for any attacker to get more than half my gold or elixir the way my base is set up now. It makes holding on to those large sums less anxious.

The trouble now is that my troops feel underpowered in comparison, and it shows during war time. I'm going to have to invest in some upgrades. Lately raiding gold has been a lot easier than raiding elixir, but now that the walls thing has happened, I'll probably be forced to horde juice for longer periods.

On a side note, I'm loving witches as cc defense troops, especially if you can bury your cc deep in your base. They take forever to draw out and can pick off a lot of tier 1 troops from your opponents. I'm thinking witches and minions or witches and wizards should be a staple going forward.

Over the last couple of months, I've been making a lot of progress on my base's defensive buildings, and it's really starting to pay off. I haven't had a real bad loss in non-war raids for quite some time. In fact, I think it would be very difficult for any attacker to get more than half my gold or elixir the way my base is set up now. It makes holding on to those large sums less anxious.

The trouble now is that my troops feel underpowered in comparison, and it shows during war time. I'm going to have to invest in some upgrades. Lately raiding gold has been a lot easier than raiding elixir, but now that the walls thing has happened, I'll probably be forced to horde juice for longer periods.

On a side note, I'm loving witches as cc defense troops, especially if you can bury your cc deep in your base. They take forever to draw out and can pick off a lot of tier 1 troops from your opponents. I'm thinking witches and minions or witches and wizards should be a staple going forward.

Our TH 6's should have Valks or Witches in their CC, due to TH 6's best attack is Giant/healer combo. Those troops wreak Giant zergs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back