Cigars Version II

Bought a 5 pack of CAO Flavours Solfyre last night and a Colibri Deep V cutter.

Went to the Corona Cigar Co. I had mentioned a while back. Super helpful staff. Here's what I ended up with on their recommendation.

Corona Nicaraguan 20th Anniversary Connecticut. The only house cigar of the bunch. $9.00
Acid Subculture Beach. This one is exclusive to Corona Cigar Co. $7.50
Oscar The Leaf Connecticut. $9.50
Flor de Las Antilles Maduro. $8.50
Diamond Crown No.4. $12.50
Viliger Kreme Connecticut. $6.50
Warped La Hacienda. $7.50
Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniv. Champagne. $9.25
H. Upmann by AJ Fernandez. $7.25

Of course most of these could be purchased online for less but I wanted to include the prices to give others an idea of what my closest store offers.

That Perdomo reserve is one of my favorites

I literally cannot remember the last time I had a cigar that wasn’t a Fuente Opus X or Anejo - and I have a cigar at least 4-5 nights/week.

Little bumperino. Smoked two of the cigars I picked up yesterday.

thumb-acid_subculture_beach_single_cigar.jpg

The Acid Beach: This was a flavor bomb from start to finish. SUPER sweet cap which dissipated ~half way though. I won't be too specific with flavors but between the smoke coming off of the cigar, in the mouth and nose, and "exhale", it was like being in a bakery. A lot of dessert qualities came through on this one. I would have needed a roach clip had I smoked it any further.

thumb-villiger_kreme_conn_torp_box.jpg

The Villiger Connecticut Kreme: Mild with some pepper that was all but gone at the half way point. From there on I didn't pick up any flavor other than a mostly unoffensive burnt tobacco. Nothing creamy about it despite the label. Had a good 2 1/2 inches left before I called it.

h-upmann-aj-th.jpg

H Upmann by AJ Fernandez: The first 1/3 of this one absolutely sucked imo. Just bitterness and pepper which eventually went down a notch but remained throughout. I tried everything I could, including tiny inhales, to pick up something other than burnt tobacco and that never happened. One positive was that when not being smoked it gave off that aroma unique to cigars which I quite enjoy. Construction was A+, firm and springy to the touch with a great draw. Burned perfectly throughout.

h-upmann-aj-th.jpg

H Upmann by AJ Fernandez: The first 1/3 of this one absolutely sucked imo. Just bitterness and pepper which eventually went down a notch but remained throughout. I tried everything I could, including tiny inhales, to pick up something other than burnt tobacco and that never happened. One positive was that when not being smoked it gave off that aroma unique to cigars which I quite enjoy. Construction was A+, firm and springy to the touch with a great draw. Burned perfectly throughout.
Love the reviews! We should all add reviews of the cigars we like.

3gasst5-sp-1000.png

Diamond Crown Classic No 4: Pepper and tingle on the first few puffs and it was smooth tobacco from there on out with a bit of pepper on the retrohale. Good construction and burn which I think I fucked up when ashing it but it was getting close to falling in my lap. After some correction it chugged along and picked up a good toasted (not burnt) tobacco taste and aroma. Almost no offensive aftertaste between puffs. Unfortunately shortly after taking off the band I had to put it down for a bit. Lit back up well enough but it was too late and the smoke became acrid.

h-upmann-aj-th.jpg

Yeah I am Not a fan of that one either. Switch is strange cause New World is my GO TO. Mainly all I smoke on these days. I recommend them for anyone that like a heavier cigar. Taste like Warm Pepper Steak.Perfect evening stick.

BfvcM5P.jpg

You can find them for around 7-9 dollars but cigarauctioneer has them for 85 a box most time and brings them to 4-6 dollar a stick. And they are a premium stick.

images

Leaf by Oscar Connecticut: Getting redundant but again some pepper at the start. After the first inch the pepper only came through on the retrohale and strong enough to get your nose dripping. Mostly smooth tobacco from there. Toast flavors coming through as I got closer to the band. Barely detectable , to me anyway, sweetness here and there. Good aroma including that "unique" cigar smell. Burn was awesome. The first inch of ash almost looked fake it was so uniform. A+ construction firm and springy to the touch. Squishy towards the end. Past the band once it warmed up the flavor wasn't enjoyable so I called it with just under 2 inches left.

Yeah I am Not a fan of that one either. Switch is strange cause New World is my GO TO. Mainly all I smoke on these days. I recommend them for anyone that like a heavier cigar. Taste like Warm Pepper Steak.Perfect evening stick.

BfvcM5P.jpg

You can find them for around 7-9 dollars but cigarauctioneer has them for 85 a box most time and brings them to 4-6 dollar a stick. And they are a premium stick.

AJ makes some damned fine stogies, and I have yet to try one of these.

Just ordered this. Been wanting to try this brand as I've heard good things and finally got around to it:

https://www.cigarsinternational.com...en-salomon-sampler-samplers/1503919/#p-204093

I've also never smoked that sort of rolled style either. Looking forward to it.

yesterday smoked a cohiba at a pool party.
A real one or a Red Dot? Always wanted to try either one of them but really need to get my hands on a real one.

I sense a trip to Canada coming soon.

Last edited:
Just ordered this. Been wanting to try this brand as I've heard good things and finally got around to it:

https://www.cigarsinternational.com...en-salomon-sampler-samplers/1503919/#p-204093

I've also never smoked that sort of rolled style either. Looking forward to it.

A real one or a Red Dot? Always wanted to try either one of them but really need to get my hands on a real one.

I sense a trip to Canada coming soon.
12 cigars for $50? Dafuq? This is either a very agressive marketihg strategy, or not very good cigars, or both. Nicaraguan cigars can be very good, tho. I love and recommend to all my friends to try Chieftain's Islay maduros, those are a festival of taste and aroma.
Edit: will be in Cuba in a week, three-week cigar binge incoming. I love Cohiba Siglo VI, and I very much enjoyed Bolivars last time.

12 cigars for $50? Dafuq? This is either a very agressive marketihg strategy, or not very good cigars, or both. Nicaraguan cigars can be very good, tho. I love and recommend to all my friends to try Chieftain's Islay maduros, those are a festival of taste and aroma.
Edit: will be in Cuba in a week, three-week cigar binge incoming. I love Cohiba Siglo VI, and I very much enjoyed Bolivars last time.
Man O' War is produced by AJ Fernandez and all the other stuff I've had from them I like.

I think the price is that way because CigarsInternational gets a discount from AJ. See the MSRP on that set? 176.00 is what CI is saying they go for.

This is the Cohiba I am desperate to try:
cohiba-robusto-bundle_9.jpg

I got to have one of these though. An attorney I see almost every week went to Cuba and came back with some. After the fact he found out I have a puff from time to time and gave me one. Not on my phone so I can't find the picture of it sadly.

Man O' War is produced by AJ Fernandez and all the other stuff I've had from them I like.

I think the price is that way because CigarsInternational gets a discount from AJ. See the MSRP on that set? 176.00 is what CI is saying they go for.

This is the Cohiba I am desperate to try:
cohiba-robusto-bundle_9.jpg

I got to have one of these though. An attorney I see almost every week went to Cuba and came back with some. After the fact he found out I have a puff from time to time and gave me one. Not on my phone so I can't find the picture of it sadly.
That is a huge discount still. If the cigars are good then good for you, getting a nice cigar for 4 bucks is almost unheard of.
Which Cohibas are those?
I love Cuban tobacco but the quality of cigars varies a lot, you can have a perfectly rolled and a shitty rolled cigar laying beside each other in one box.

That is a huge discount still. If the cigars are good then good for you, getting a nice cigar for 4 bucks is almost unheard of.
Which Cohibas are those?
I love Cuban tobacco but the quality of cigars varies a lot, you can have a perfectly rolled and a shitty rolled cigar laying beside each other in one box.
Those I believe are the fancy ones from Cuba.

Back