Media Chuck Liddell vs Tito Ortiz Press Conference - MMA Fighting

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score

I don't think it helped the fight at all (interest wise)
good to see Tom Lawlor though

Tito with 2 black eyes and Chuck with swelling around one eye, good stuff.

Well oscar talking at an mma conference was a very awkward sight wasn't it...

Oscar looks like his last line of coke was already 20 mins ago and needs another one urgently

This is what I took away from this crap:

Maybe Floyd stole the whole "I'm not fighting bit" from Tom Lawlor.

That backdrop is a horrendous. Too much text and it too small. A friend of a friend obviously designed it.

Why are all of these fighters on the stage? They clash with the overly busy background .

Do these nobodies need to be told to dress appropriately for a media conference? Apparently. Even Oscar is dressed like a bum. De La Hoya's people should have bought the fighters suits if they're going to be put on the stage in front of cameras.

Maybe a proper PR person to help script and direct everyone? Too many messages.

Oscar, It's "LID-del" not "Lie-del."

Tom Lawlor's name also mispronounced.

Never mention competition.

Don't talk about how old the fighters are as a selling point.

Learned that Chuck Liddell was a racist because he hadn't worked with a black guy before McKee. Chuck could have added to the comedy by requesting the mic and saying something like, "in my defense, I have fought black fighters."

The professionalism and lack of planning for all of this......Wow.

Oscar should make this event special and also be a ring card girl. How awesome would that be if he dresses up as a woman again and show us which round is coming up?

The professionalism and lack of planning for all of this......Wow.

Disaster all around
Oscar thought he had easy money & MMA fans were easy marks for a non UFC PPV (even after losing money with Affliction)
He should have looked at Bellators attempt at PPV, now they know better

The other fighters look like they could have just been been pulled off of a Chicago bus stop. And I think Chuck left his suit in the dryer a little too long. Probably fit well when he was in high school, though. Disaster all around, for sure.

This was just pathetic all the way around.

So if Tito gets 30% what is his cut of the 15k buys at 20 a pop? 90k.......

I have a feeling Chuck is going to beat the piss out of Tito. I know everyone is saying he looks awful, but I saw a guy who can still throw a strong punch, off balance or not, and Tito looked like he still didnt know how to punch well. Chuck is super motivated.

So if Tito gets 30% what is his cut of the 15k buys at 20 a pop? 90k.......
That's Oscar's entire goal here. Promised him pretty much everything on the back end, knowing that he really couldn't lose on Tito that way. Chael kind of warned them that Oscar was playing them. Is what it is.

this doesnt make ufc forum but mayweather fighting someone in rizin does.......

Back