Chronographs?

uncommon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
torn between magnetospeed sporter and
caldwell g2 (upside down design)

the MS is supposed to be the best accuracy possible, downside i see is i cant use it on a bow, pistol, supressed rifles, shotgun, or small rifles.

g2 can do all of that but it isnt immune from optical distortions and is liable to be struck by a projectile.

supressors arent going be legal for my state any time soon, and i dont really have a use for acquiring data on the bow or pistols other than it would be fun.

now that i wrote all that out the magnetospeed makes alot more sense.

giphy.webp

I've had several chromos. I used them to develop loads when I competed.

Have gone through 3 now, its always the same.

Buy it.

Use it once.

It sits there.

I loan it to someone.

They shoot it.

Time goes by and I need one so:

Repeat.

Last time I just used my Brother's.

They shoot it.

Time goes by and I need one so:

Repeat.
The doppler technology on the lab radar looks pretty nice. least prone to getting shot

but 550$ is just too extreme. it would be cheaper to just zero every 100 yards and then extrapolate a trajectory.

The doppler technology on the lab radar looks pretty nice. least prone to getting shot

but 550$ is just too extreme. it would be cheaper to just zero every 100 yards and then extrapolate a trajectory.

I've seen them on sale in the mid $400 range. Any time Brownells has their 10% off sake it will be like $490. Thing seems pretty badass and doesn't have downfalls traditional ones have. Buy once cry once?

I've seen them on sale in the mid $400 range. Any time Brownells has their 10% off sake it will be like $490. Thing seems pretty badass and doesn't have downfalls traditional ones have. Buy once cry once?
yeah 0-100 yard total flight chrono sounds very interesting.

i was kind of wondering if you could set it up at 100 and then shoot a 200 yard target to chrono the entire flight for a true BC instead of manufacturers BC.

theoretically you could leapfrog every 100 yards out to 1000 or as long as you wanted granted the ordinate is within the range of the device. just put a plate in front to protect it.

i might be overthinking this though.

edit. i guess they are mic activated? so the leapfrog wouldnt work unless you got excessively creative.

Last edited:
Back