Chronic shoulder issues

Panzer1312

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Anyone with a succes story to fix chronic shoulder bursitis/tendinitis? What did you do and how long did it take?

I am having problems now since the beginning of 2023 with my shoulders. Ultrasound shows shoulder bursitis in my left shoulder. Did try multiple things: one month complete rest, shockwave therapy, multiple (10+) sessions at PT, doing various exercises (3 months) for my back and the back of my shoulders to fix my posture and training my RC. Finally I took a cortisone shot in my bursa 1.5 month ago but still no progress.

I feel your pain, brother. Literally:(

I had my left shoulder operated on back in February this year. The surgeon told me the only way to regain full mobility would be to undergo a second operation, and since I'm still recovering from major surgery for cancer, that's not an option at the moment.

Somethings that have helped me work around shoulder issue(YMMV)

- Shortened ROM: basically Floor Press or Board Press. Not going all the way down to the chest can be easier on your shoulders.

- Smith Machine Bench. OK, the Smith Machine is to Benching what jerking off is to banging an LA 9. But any port in a storm. Use an angled SM, and set up so the bar path is travelling towards your feet rather than your head. This takes the focus off your chest and shoulders, and puts it on the triceps.

- Band Pull-Aparts. Use with fairly high reps. I usually keep one set up at home and grease the groove with multiple sets.

If overhead press hurts try handstand pushups instead. its closed chain exercise so its easier for joints. Also instead bench weighted pushups

Anyone with a succes story to fix chronic shoulder bursitis/tendinitis? What did you do and how long did it take?

I am having problems now since the beginning of 2023 with my shoulders. Ultrasound shows shoulder bursitis in my left shoulder. Did try multiple things: one month complete rest, shockwave therapy, multiple (10+) sessions at PT, doing various exercises (3 months) for my back and the back of my shoulders to fix my posture and training my RC. Finally I took a cortisone shot in my bursa 1.5 month ago but still no progress.

Look into BPC157. Start with pills (arginate salt type). However subcutaneous injections are best. BPC on its own or in conjunction with TB500 is quite amazing for treating inflammation type injuries.

Another old man piece of advice, cause I only learn the hard way. I have it in my shoulder also, when to ortho and he gave me steroids' to get the inflammation down.
About the third day I started rehab, doing banded chest pulls, banded front raises, and banded lateral raises. I also keep a band at work so when I find myself slouching at my computer, I will stand up and do some banded chest pulls.
I have managed to stay out of the ortho office and away from surgery for a year now, and it also has helped my elbow issues.

Bry

I’m probably a few months, at best, out from needing shoulder surgery. My shoulder is jacked from tendonitis . It’s been getting worse and worse over the last 2 years. Go in to the docs next week to get scheduled for an MRI.

I’m probably a few months, at best, out from needing shoulder surgery. My shoulder is jacked from tendonitis . It’s been getting worse and worse over the last 2 years. Go in to the docs next week to get scheduled for an MRI.
If it's tendinitis, BPC157 is amazing for this purpose. You can try pills first but I would just suck it up and do injections. It's easy. The learning curve is very small. Watch a couple videos. There are many good vendors. Syringes and other stuff is also inexpensive.

If it's tendinitis, BPC157 is amazing for this purpose. You can try pills first but I would just suck it up and do injections. It's easy. The learning curve is very small. Watch a couple videos. There are many good vendors. Syringes and other stuff is also inexpensive.
Not sure about using something that’s not FDA Approved and currently on the USADA ban list.

I’d need to do a lot more research.

Hard part is I’m likely one fight at work away from tearing my shoulder and it’s been getting worse and worse the last 2 years.

Not sure about using something that’s not FDA Approved and currently on the USADA ban list.

I’d need to do a lot more research.

Hard part is I’m likely one fight at work away from tearing my shoulder and it’s been getting worse and worse the last 2 years.

I highly recommend researching at the very least BPC157 and TB500(TB4) peptides. They can be nothing short of amazing. They helped me resolve a year long case of crippling elbow tendinitis. They even managed to heal a decade old groin pull injury that wouldn't heal.

It's unlikely any PD would ever test for it. Some guys use juice and I haven't heard of many if any booted out for it(Ronnie Coleman was a cop ffs).

There are potential risk as with anything. It affects dopaminergic system so there are some long shot issues like anhedonia in some rare cases. There's also small chance of speeding up cancer. But again for short duration, I don't think it's a huge concern.

A round of 2-4 weeks will be very helpful. I needed 1mg of each per day for best results but many lighter people get results from 250-500mcg once or twice per day.

It also significantly improved 10-20+ old musculoskeletal injuries and improved my sleep.

Best of luck

I stopped doing raises, front and lateral and it's helped my shoulders to feel better

step-brothers-brennan.gif

If overhead press hurts try handstand pushups instead. its closed chain exercise so its easier for joints. Also instead bench weighted pushups
So much this.

I hurt my shoulder 16 years ago. Many of the more standard exercises like bench press, shoulder press, etc. hurt it to the point that I would drop the weight (pain/weakness at the same time).

So, I completely changed my workout.

push-ups, dips on the kitchen counter, pull ups, kettle bell swings, etc. I even got the old fashioned spring that you bend.

I'm sure much of my "gym strength" is gone. But, I still feel "normal" when doing yard work (splitting/stacking wood) and coaching a high school wrestling team.

So much this.

I hurt my shoulder 16 years ago. Many of the more standard exercises like bench press, shoulder press, etc. hurt it to the point that I would drop the weight (pain/weakness at the same time).

So, I completely changed my workout.

push-ups, dips on the kitchen counter, pull ups, kettle bell swings, etc. I even got the old fashioned spring that you bend.

I'm sure much of my "gym strength" is gone. But, I still feel "normal" when doing yard work (splitting/stacking wood) and coaching a high school wrestling team.

Jim Wendler of 5/3/1 fame now trains exclusively with Calisthenics and Weight Vest. He had accumulated so many injuries throughout his Powerlifting career he could no longer train heavy with free weights. Training Push Ups, Pull Ups, Squats etc while wearing a WV allows him to push himself hard without getting injured.

Back