Christian Bale or Edward Norton - Who's the better actor?

Who's the better actor?

• Christian Bale

• Edward Norton

Results are only viewable after voting.
Too close to call, imho.

That's like trying to figure out who is better between prime Big Nog, & prime Crocop.

Which I guess means, if Norton cheats & grabs the ropes, maybe he can get an armbar on Bale.
Bale was in TLJ!!

Kidding!

Norton curb stomps Bale!

good thread. tough choice. i'd say bale is a little better.

Norton is always Ed Norton in every role. Bale can actually become a character. Guys like Bale and DDL you can close your eyes and forget its them. Cant do that with Norton.

Now that doesn't mean Bale is a better actor or has had better performances. But IMO Bale is the better actor,

Norton is always Ed Norton in every role. Bale can actually become a character. Guys like Bale and DDL you can close your eyes and forget its them. Cant do that with Norton.

Now that doesn't mean Bale is a better actor or has had better performances. But IMO Bale is the better actor,

Yep.

Norton has no range.

Norton for me. I think his reputation of being a bag of dicks is cause for him not getting any good roles over the past decade though. Think he's had plenty of varying roles, although a lot of the good ones have been kind of similar. That being said, I really want to see Vice

Both are A Level, and Norton's performance in American History X is astonishing. But I still have to give this one to Bale.

Batman by arm bar, fifth round.

Lol, no offense, but this is such an MMA forum response. Acting isn’t a strongman competition, or a weight loss challenge. If it is, then Anthony Rumble Johnson >>>>> Daniel Day-Lewis.
giphy.gif

*searching for validity in this post

Fight Club
American History X
25th hour

vs

The Machinist
Equilibrium
American psycho
The fighter

I believe Bale is slightly better as an actor, and he sacrificed more for his role.
He has more good quality movies, although Norton has 3 of the best...
How do you not have Primal Fear? It has one of Norton's best performances.

Bale

This isn't that close imo Norton is bland
Funny how taste is so subject.

I see it as exactly the opposite. I think Bale overall has had the slightly better movies but he is generally kind of bland in them. Norton I find has, more range and is less bland but has not had the quality of roles Bale has had.

Fight Club
American History X
25th hour

vs

The Machinist
Equilibrium
American psycho
The fighter

I believe Bale is slightly better as an actor, and he sacrificed more for his role.
He has more good quality movies, although Norton has 3 of the best...

I'd definitely add The Score to Norton's list.

Edward is the more technical, theater trained actor and can deliver intense performances. Both can be wooden at times Ill take Bale just on his physicality. Dude has a legit physical presence. Norton did in American History X. I like both but if you had a gun to my head, Id take Bale.,

how is this even close? bale is miles ahead of norton. i mean fucking miles.

Then I'm at the right place. So comparing an MMA fighter to an actor is the logical response?
Bale is a methodical actor and a notch better than Norton. That was the purpose of the example I provided with the Machinst and Batman.

An actor’s physical transformation can be impressive, even amazing, but it still feels like a sidenote to me. If it’s an amazing performance it’s an extra layer of frosting for sure, but if it’s not, it won’t save it.

As far as Bale & Norton, I can’t choose. At their best they are both so goddamn great, and they have both been at their best in about the same handful of roles.

But you got to say what Bale achieved physically in The Machinist is nothing short of extraordinary. And than bulking up in matter of months to play Batman is quite a method acting achievement imo.

Agree with the former, not the latter. Any rich actor can bulk up and it’s not impressive to me.

Back