Chinese Kung Fu Tournament 1954 (Full Contact)

How about this one?

- A Letai platform reminds-me of Bloodsport with Van Damme, sadly the fight on that video look`s like a fight choreography from Christopher Nolan.:(

But i like the video, i think fighting on that platform makes the fighters aware of the edges and they are cautious of falling of, that`s why they are sloppy. I noted this on Ganryujima, where good strikers look sloppy sometimes.

I have seen this many times. Its nothing new. Also was this in Mainland China, or Taiwan or hong kong?

I'm guessing Hong Kong b/c they are speaking Cantonese.

Regarding the video, the reason pro fighter are good at fighting in a ring is because the practice fighting under the same conditions. The reason they look like two noobs is that, in terms of fighting in competitions, they are.

If u want to see "kung fu" that is for competition check out sanda.

- A Letai platform reminds-me of Bloodsport with Van Damme, sadly the fight on that video look`s like a fight choreography from Christopher Nolan.:(

But i like the video, i think fighting on that platform makes the fighters aware of the edges and they are cautious of falling of, that`s why they are sloppy. I noted this on Ganryujima, where good strikers look sloppy sometimes.

It is a full contact match. There is no choreography.

Are we talking about a different vids? I may have misunderstood you before.

- No, my comment is that the video you posted on the Letai platform reminds me of Bloodsport, but since the level of the fight wasn`t hight, i did compare to Chris Nolan movies, since they have bad fight choreography.

On a tangential note, are there any of those old 'x vs y' videos where the participants are actually skilled?

Para exemple:

He got touched by Jesusteh jab.

Last edited:
On a tangential note, are there any of those old 'x vs y' videos where the participants are actually skilled?

Para exemple:

Wing Chun guy needs to stop running away. He needs to get into clinch for his chain punch to work

How did Afghanistan have Kung fun in the 80s? Werent they embroiled in the Soviet Afghan War?

They must have done. He started Kung Fu as a 7 year old and he was born in the early 70's I think.

Well yeah there was war but I suppose people went on about there usual day to day business.

He's one of the only legit kung fu dudes I've seen - by that I mean competing in other tournaments and being able to fight.

They must have done. He started Kung Fu as a 7 year old and he was born in the early 70's I think.

Well yeah there was war but I suppose people went on about there usual day to day business.

He's one of the only legit kung fu dudes I've seen - by that I mean competing in other tournaments and being able to fight.

I imagine Afghanistan like the rest of the region have jacket wrestlers in some form or another. Are there any vids of him against jacket wrestlers?

That was pretty cool. I was kind of surprised that Ehsan kung fu look very similar to tae kwon do and a little bit of capoeira with the spin kicks.

I like he ducks under the spinning hook kick and throws one of his own. Very sneaky.

Yeah, that was cool too. I'm wondering if we can sacrifice Justin Beiber in order to bring back Ehsan to life.

Para exemple:

Reminds me of:

Wing Chun guy needs to stop running away. He needs to get into clinch for his chain punch to work

Problem is if you actually want to move forward quickly you need to break out of that square stance, so there's a contradictory tension there with the way wc is taught.

Furthermore, someone standing face-on with you like that exposes their centerline, leaving them vulnerable to getting poped when you take a more staggered angle on them, giving you the reach advantage.

Additionally, if you do happened to get close enough to do the sort of flurrying that is so often shown in demonstrations, the most practical and obvious thing to do at that range would be to tie up with the opponent and work your clinch game. The opportunities where where that would actually come into play are so often transient. Optimal control of distance is either all the way in or all the way out, and there just isn't much of a place for that there.

There are several things that each individually might have situational application, but when thrown together it is a hodgepodge that doesn't add up to a coherent game plan. The best wing chun fighters in the world right now are Andre Ward and Floyd Mayweather.

Ive met good a few kung fu dudes that I've sparred with and brought to the muay thai gym i was at to spar. They did well. The guy I knew did bagua.

Problem is if you actually want to move forward quickly you need to break out of that square stance, so there's a contradictory tension there with the way wc is taught.

Furthermore, someone standing face-on with you like that exposes their centerline, leaving them vulnerable to getting poped when you take a more staggered angle on them, giving you the reach advantage.

Additionally, if you do happened to get close enough to do the sort of flurrying that is so often shown in demonstrations, the most practical and obvious thing to do at that range would be to tie up with the opponent and work your clinch game. The opportunities where where that would actually come into play are so often transient. Optimal control of distance is either all the way in or all the way out, and there just isn't much of a place for that there.

There are several things that each individually might have situational application, but when thrown together it is a hodgepodge that doesn't add up to a coherent game plan. The best wing chun fighters in the world right now are Andre Ward and Floyd Mayweather.

not necessarily move forward quickly, but when boxer steps in, tie him up, pull him in, and keep him close, keep circling to boxers back, and rapidly punch him in the back of head or back of the neck.

In pure boxing you cannot actually grab each other. It be harder to keep a long range game going, if the opponent can literally russian tie you, pull you in, keep you there while punching anywhere on the head. If you think about it, the Philly shell is almost like turning your back to the opponent, which I think is illegal in boxing.

Also, in boxing, I dont believe you are allowed to punch while tieing up an opponents arm right? Or pull on the back of the head down and hit them. If you do this to the opponent, I can see them reacting with something, and bringing up a situation that will make chi sao more useful. I think that is what Lyte Burly is trying to illustrate.

Also, in boxing, I dont believe you are allowed to punch while tieing up an opponents arm right? Or pull on the back of the head down and hit them.

If the ref doesn't see it, then its legal. No one has better sticky hands than pretty boy floyd.

Duuuude, sweet video! This looks very, very viable to me. Lately I've been trying to transition my boxing into clinching, and clinching into wrestling, and the transitions he uses definitely happen realistically.

Just confirming, in case someone thinks "well hurr durr you can't just grab a jab", that dude will grab your shit and flip it.

Back